THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k list C&C appreciated!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

2k list C&C appreciated! Empty
PostSubject: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 23:33

I have always been obsessed with Talos Pain Engines, so I have finally decided to purchase a couple of em. Lemme know what you think about the list. Its mostly for fun, but I don't want to get decimated either:) I will playing most games against a BA infantry army. Any help would be awesome Smile

Archon w/ huskblade, ghostplate armor, combat drugs, soul-trap, PGL and shadow field

Haemie w/ liquifier

8 Incubi in raider w/ flickerfield

10 warriors w/ splinter cannon in raider w/ dissie, splinter racks & flickerfield
10 warriors w/ splinter cannon in raider w/ dissie, splinter racks & flickerfield

5 wyches, w/ HWG, hekatrix w/ venom blade in venom w/ 2 splinter cannons

6 reavers w/ 2 heat lances, 2 caltrops
10 scourges w/ 4 heat lances

talos w/ TL liquifier
talos w/ TL liquifier

total points- 1996

EDIT: I had night shields but swapped it for flickerfields because if I'm going to close to the action I would rather have an invul save instead of having the unit move 6' towards me and then blow up the boat.

So I'm still pretty new with tactics, but here's what I am thinking...

Gunboats move up to handle the mobile units (sanguinary guard, death company) providing cover for scourges who then fly off to pop some shots at his devastators

Archon & Haemi in raider w/ incubi move w/ gunboats lay fire on assault squad hopefully taking out a couple before getting into CC as soon as possible.

Reavers armed with caltrops attempt to slice some heads off in the mobile units before turboing away into cover. repeat:)

Wyches are in venoms to soften up heavy support (devastator/ snipers) with the double splinter cannons, and then once he deepstrikes his droppod w/ dread then they can HWG the tits out of it.

I will attempt to get the taloi up as far as possible. I want majority of the fighting to be around them so they can draw the heavy fire power and distract his units into throwing their full weight at them. TL liquifiers can be used to take down some DC and perhaps sanguinary guard.

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 00:13

I like it. A couple of things though. On gunboat raiders always take night shields over FFs. Remember that the gunboat's main prey are infantry and most of them have basic weapons that can glance us to death. The nightshields give you 6inchs of grace to let you avoid retaliation. Try getting your gunboat just in range, shoot your splinters at them, then shoot with the dissy. With any luck you have killed enough so they can't hit you back next turn.
Some people will tell you the ghost plate is a waste, and they are usually right, but it's not a bad idea to take wounds that wont ID you like bolters on the ghost plate and save the shadow field for things that will.
Hope this helps a little. I'm still new to this too so someone else will have better input I'm sure. Smile
P.s. a webway to get the pain engines into liquifier range would be good.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 00:34

Understand why you want NS on the raiders, but I want to have them within range to rapid fire so if I'm only 12 inches away then it is pointless as bolters are 24". I dunno I feel like FF would be better in the case I get assaulted the next round.

Oii I like the WWP idea:) thanks for the input I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 03:05

Ok cool! Well if you are going to be in rapid fire range then you may want to drop the splinter cannon. If you move it only shoots 18 shots that are twin linked and 4 which aren't twin linked (since you moved to get into rapid fire range) as opposed to 20 twin linked shots for ten points cheaper if you drop the cannon. "Psst, that's enough for both night shields and filcker fields Smile)
P.S A unit of 10 scourges with heat lances are all kinds of overkill and leave the scourges far to close for anyone's liking. Three heatlances are usually more than enough to kill something with any armor save. If you are using them to hunt infantry, splinter cannons are better and cheaper. If you are planning to hunt armor then haywires are better and cheaper. If you are planning on hunting both marines and armor then blasters would be better since they ID SM.

Last edited by Bibitybopitybacon on Thu Oct 04 2012, 04:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 03:43

The fact about NS is they often draw the enemy out of cover to get into rapid fire range. I know this won't be a problem as much for SM as they have good saves but other armies suffer from losing cover to gain rapid fire range. Also it means they're more vulnerable to assault by units without grenades and AP2 weapons fire. I would take NS as you get a cover save just for moving anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 04:28

You're brilliant bibity ! Razz I will do that and add nightshields. Perfect.

Thanks mug. That's true. I'm gonna add night shields. You guys have me convinced haha

Edit: I dropped the heat lances on the scourges, I don't think they would be able to last getting into that close...swapped the lances out for splinter cannons and used the remaining points to put venom blades on the archon and haemie. I also contemplated putting TL heat lances on the taloi instead of the VB's. Any thoughts?

Archon w/ huskblade, venom blade, ghostplate armor, combat drugs, soul-trap, PGL and shadow field

Haemie w/ liquifier & venom blade

8 Incubi in raider w/ flickerfield

10 warriors in raider w/ dissie, splinter racks, night shield & flickerfield
10 warriors in raider w/ dissie, splinter racks, night shield & flickerfield

10 scourges w/ 4 splinter cannons

talos w/ TL liquifier
talos w/ TL liquifier

total points- 1998

Please dont double post. If you want to add to your topic, just use the Edit button -Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 06:59

Great list! I'm tempted to run it... lol I'm a little worried it may be a bit light on AT but it sounds like he is running desent of angels, so that shouldn't be a concern. Give it a run and see how you like it then if it's lacking any AT you can switch the cannons on the scourges for haywire blasters.
I think you have built a great hard hitting list! Go eat some blood angels!
P.S. I wish I could see the look on his face when he declares a charge against your scourges, 42 overwatch shots are delightfull Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 07:30

Quote :

Bibitybopitybacon
42 overwatch shots are delightfull

It sounds good but it still on average only 1 dead marine.

I can just imagine BA deep striking in, to be met with two TL liquifiers on the talos, 8 incubi to pounce on them, and enough poison shots to kill mortarion himself.
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 07:33

Haha! Yes I am excited. Hopefully it will be hard hitting Smile
Thanks for all the help guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2012, 08:59

Steffo wrote:
Quote :

Bibitybopitybacon
42 overwatch shots are delightfull

It sounds good but it still on average only 1 dead marine.

I can just imagine BA deep striking in, to be met with two TL liquifiers on the talos, 8 incubi to pounce on them, and enough poison shots to kill mortarion himself.

You are 100% right about the overwatch, but i did say delightfull not effective Very Happy There is just something about throwing down 42 dice that warms my heart. Maybe I'm a little orky at heart ?alien lol Steffo is right on the money on the rest of it too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k list C&C appreciated!   2k list C&C appreciated! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k list C&C appreciated!
Page 1 of 1