THE SHATTERED BLADE - ACT 1: DESERT HEAT LIKE A FORGEhttps://www.thedarkcity.net/t4404-the-shattered-blade#49741
THE SHATTERED BLADE - DRAMATIS PERSONAEVenra Rhacho
- Incubi Klaivex bodyguard of the late Archon Elkthrae
- Kabalite sniper with unresolved issues.
- Mandrake Assassin of the Kabal and the only member not caught in the ambush.
- masked Haemonculous servant of Archon Elkthrae
Berginyon Tanthalus aka Manix
- Dracon and Razorwing pilot, 3rd child of Archon Elkthrae, and destined to rule...?
PERDITION IV - DRAMATIS PERSONAE
His Most Righteous Eminence Montique Bladdarch
The Kabal of the Flashing Blade was known for its lightning fast raids.
Archon Elkthrae, known as 'Gorach Marg' The Laughing Death' was considered something of a young upstart still, but his success was noted.
The power of his Kabal, and the ferocity and success of their raids brought him much fame and fortune all while he laughed.
It was not surprising when he plotted a raid on Perdition IV, planning to claim the lives within the Hive City of Purgatori.
It was not surprising when his forces took the field, deadly, prepared, and moving at speed.
It did come as a surprise when the bombardment started.
No one knows if Archon Elkthrae laughed.
But even the clinical heavy handed butchery of the Imperium can make mistakes.
From the ruins of the raiding party crawled figures, warriors yet filled with life.
A handful of Dark Eldar.
Alone on an Imperial World.
No way home.
No Kabal left.
And already the hunger gnaws within them.
For those who thought the matter settled - they are about to discover; The shattered blade can still cut.
The Shattered Blade will be a cooperative roleplaying game for, I conceive, about 5 players. It will span from the ash deserts, to the Hive Cities, and (perhaps) beyond.
Yes, there are rules.
1. I expect every player to be able to commit to a one post per week minimum - I really do not think that is asking too much. If you can do more - great! If there are the occasional special circumstance periods where you cannot meet the minimum, that can work too - just make sure you do your best to alert me and the other players that this is happening. Otherwise I get peevish and characters loose limbs or other important body parts
2. Generally speaking your character is competent, and things that you are good at you can accomplish easily. Occasionally there will be tasks that I do a bit of dicing for and announce your success on - I will tend to inform you when those actions occur.
3. Keep all OOC posts to the appropriate thread, at the end of the day I'd like the adventure thread to read like a...well, maybe (slightly) disjointed story.
4. Feel free to introduce and describe aspects of the game world as long as you keep them thematically appropriate (e.g. if you're in a kitchen, feel free to leap on a counter, or grab up a knife, or pocket some meat. No need to seek GM approval for such) If you create a character o provide a personality to a character I created - just make sure it makes sense within the story. I will frown upon a xenos loving nobleman sweeping in to save you with all of his personal retainers, I will not begrudge you a greedy nobleman you manage to bribe with lies and clever wordplay to provide you minor help that puts him at little to no risk.
5. I am a petty and changeable child of whim - this is an all encompassing rule that will allow me to add or remove rules as I see fit to maintain the story flow and (hopefully) fair and fun for all.
6. To 'sign-up' for this roleplay, I am certainly fine with you calling 'dibs!' But the official sign up will be considered only upon presenting a finished character sheet *and* getting my approval for it.
- Your core character concept is this - you are a member of the Kabal of the Flashing Blade.
- I would actually like one or more of you to be fairly high placed members in the Kabal (members of the Archon's Court, a Dracon, part of his personal bodyguard, a daughter or son, ect. ect.)
- It is also fine if you want to be a member of some obvious mercenary outfit (a Wych Cult, a Coven, a Scourge, a Hellion Ganger) but you are obligated to make sure that you have a solid reason to care about Flashing Blade (you can be a member of a hired Hellion Gang, for instance - but it should be a Hellion Gang that was, perhaps, founded by the Kabal or maybe was a prime recruitment source, or has served with them for centuries and the power of the Kabal and Gang are strongly connected - ect, ect, ect.)
- However, I would like no more than TWO members from non-Kabal sources - the core of the team should be Kabal members.
- Clever characters and stories may entice me to ignore any of the above limitations though. So if you think you can have a blast and roleplay a Grotesque really well...I'm all ears
What I'll want to see in your character synopsis is the following;
Character Name: (self explanatory, I hope...if it isn't then I probably don't want you in my game...)
Age: (a bit of a can of worms, I'll admit, but probably fun to know - I leave it to each of you to make some personal calls on proper Eldar lifespans - just remember that being too old can definitely increase your need for life energy to stay at your trimmest)
Equipment: You'll have survived the destruction of the Raiding party and will probably need to scavenge, but feel free to list some personal effects and weapons you would have kept a hold onto here. Do you braind monofiliment wire in your hair? Are you never far from your Dark Lance? Do you have an elaborate helm?
Background: Tubeborn or True? Born into riches, or working up from the bottom? Give us some history, who is your character, what have they done, what were they known for in the Kabal, what was their relationship with Archon Elkthrae? I would also encourage you to think of what your character's thoughts are towards Eldar, specifically the Eldar of Biel Tann. Not that I'm saying they will show up but...y'know, just in case...
Unsettled Score: I want an enemy from you. Something from your past. A debt that went unsettled. An opponent who went unbeaten. A vow that has gone unfulfilled. No one is good enough to have a clean record, I want to know an unfinished bit of trouble that may come back to haunt your character - it can be someone within the Kabal, or without, or even back in distant Commoragh (because, certainly, Thor isn't taking you back there for the story...or is he
Personality: How would others describe your behavior? Cold, sarcastic, jovial, nervous, brave, foolhardy? How would your character describe himself?
Appearance: What does your character look like?
Skills: Finally - I want you to rank these skills in order of least to greatest. The skill at the top of the list is what your character is very best at, and few on this planet of mon'keigh are likely to be able to better him in this field. Conversely, the skill at the bottom is something your character is almost laughably bad at, and would probably harm himself and others if it was important and he had to do it.
Yeah, these might be used to affect dice rolls in the game for my own personal amusement.
For your ease in copy/pasta I'll list the skills, and then list them again behind a spoiler tag with brief explanations.