THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Building new sails for my Raiders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

Building new sails for my Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 08:14

This weekend at a local Gaming convention's Bring and Buy I picked up 5 raiders for $15 each. They are all built but the only problem is they are missing the long spikey trophy racks and the sails. Now the spikes are easy enough to build but i am stumped on how to rebuild the sails. The originals are completely gone with only the boom left in place.
Any suggestions? Maybe something out of left field even!
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 08:25

Ask anybody you know if they have any in a spare bits box, Each new raider kit comes with 2 sets of sails and ravagers come with 3, there has to be someone at a local shop or something that would be willing to help you out! If not, well I can imagine them being a pain to scratch build. What might look cool would be to use acetate for the sails with some kind of pattern on them, semi-transparent with hexagons for example. But how to make the fins? That is tough. I would suggest creating a wire skeleton, attaching the acetate sails (or what ever else you want to use) to the wire with maybe ?superglue? then use greenstuff to bulk out the Wire and firmly hold the sails in place. I guess then either stick it on the boom with superglue or if your neat with greenstuff find a way to bond them together?
Its a lot of effort and personally I would just try to find repacements but if I couldn't, that would be how I would repair them!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 08:34

Thanks Grub...I will put a call out to the local community for some spare sails......sounds much easier!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 08:54

I know I have spares and so long as you cover postage I would be happy to post you some

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
bleum937
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 10:44

I've got a few sails as well if you need more! Again, happy to provide to you for the price of postage. Smile

MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01 2012, 10:45

Thanks guys!! I shall PM you both!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building new sails for my Raiders   Building new sails for my Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building new sails for my Raiders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: