THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Dukestar and Friends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

1750 Dukestar and Friends Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Dukestar and Friends   1750 Dukestar and Friends I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28 2012, 17:56

Here's the first draft of the list I want to use for a 1750 tournament tomorrow. Behold, Dukestar and Friends!

Duke Sliscus XXX
20 Warriors, 2 Splinter Cannon 200

Succubus, Haywire, Power Lance 85
5 Wyches, Haywire + Hekatrix, PGL, Power Lance + Raider, Dark Lance, Night Shields 177

5 Wyches, Haywire + Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon, Night Shields 135

4 Trueborn, 4 Blaster + Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon, Night Shields 173
4 Trueborn, 4 Blaster + Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon, Night Shields 173

6 Reavers, 2 Heat Lance 156

Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Night Shields 115
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Night Shields 115

Total: 1749

After much discussion with forumites in chat, here's what I came up with. Fear the blob! The Duke and his extensive entourage will seek to run up the middle of the field and distract the enemy from the real threats- S8AP2! I am preparing for masses of infantry, hence the Venomspam and the Succubus assault squad, but I want to hedge my bets that some jerk didn't get the memo and brought a bunch of mech (like I did). If I roll a 6 for drugs, I should be golden, trolling with S5 (*cough*still AP3*cough*) power lances in the Succ squad and a big old blob that can likely earn its second fairly quickly. If I'm facing someone who I don't want to assault with, I have enough 36" guns that I can play shooty for the window I have available before they come at me. Reavers play jack-of-all-trades duty as always, primarily claiming objectives and getting occasional bladevane wounds, HL's for tank insurance.

The army reminds me of my 3rd Edition days where I only had 1 Raider, so everyone who wasn't an Archon or an Incubus had to walk. Good times! Let me know what you think, and offer suggestions.

1750 Dukestar and Friends
Page 1 of 1