THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Taking down the crons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

Taking down the crons Empty
PostSubject: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 23:05

Hey,

I have a game tonight against 1250 pts of necrons, and i need any tips or advice to besting them

The army i am planning on taking is

1 Succy VB HW

4 Grots Aberation VB raider, Ethersails

5 wyches HW Venom SC
5 wyches HW Venom SC

9 Reavers 3HL Arena Champ VB
9 Reavers 3HL Arena Champ VB

1 Ravager
1 Ravager

My opponent will most likely field the following:
Overlord with CCB

Wraiths 4+
Ghost arc with Warriors

Night Scythes with immortals
or
Doom scythes

possibly a doomsday arc.

So its quite a lot of mech, and i am not sure if an aggressive strategy will work, as the wraiths and CCB will pounce on my reavers or grots.

How should i play? Should i modify my list at all?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 23:41

Ravagers and reavers should be able to focus down the wraiths, remember they don't get back up and are only T4 (heatlances are still great weapons against infantry a 18"), the splinter rifles should do reasonable damage too. That or tie the wraiths down with the wyches. Once the wraiths are you should be ok.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 00:11

Agreed, wraiths are a big priority target. At least the FAQ that nerfed our beasts hurt them to, no more full initiative charging through terrain.

Having to place the scythes in reserve will alllow you to focus fire pretty easily, I would think you will want to minimize your reserves, if any at all.

Steffo
Hellion
Steffo

PostSubject: Re: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 00:20

First turn bladevane and focus fire on the wraiths, to be in a position to heat lances, haywire and grot bash his other vehicles bringing the pain from the get go turn 1 or 2.

Should i aim for going second so i can react to his deployment? Or is the advantages of going first against crons too great since i can sit out of his range easily enough and deploy centrally.

I always hate deploying first but find that getting the first turn is important with DE. In some of your reports Mushkilla you said you prefer to go second, would this be the case against an aggressive cron list that has flyers coming in? Rush in vs soften them up then pounce.

Quote :

Darkgreen pirate
At least the FAQ that nerfed our beasts hurt them to, no more full initiative charging through terrain.

So if i raider rush my grots near enough to the wraiths, the raider gets destroyed and the grots are sitting in the crater, we can all strike at initiative 1 thanks to whip coils and him charging through the crater terrain, thats some comfort if i wiff all my shots at the wraiths or the unit is larger than expected
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 07:28

@Steffo wrote:
First turn bladevane and focus fire on the wraiths, to be in a position to heat lances, haywire and grot bash his other vehicles bringing the pain from the get go turn 1 or 2.

I think shooting might be safer and more effective, shooting at 18" will keep you 20-30" away with your 2d6 assault move, so should keep you safer, not to mention it will force them to come to you, hopefully pulling the wraiths out of position.

@Steffo wrote:

I always hate deploying first but find that getting the first turn is important with DE. In some of your reports Mushkilla you said you prefer to go second, would this be the case against an aggressive cron list that has flyers coming in? Rush in vs soften them up then pounce.

If he has any sense he will want to go second (better for last minute capturing objectives with the nightscythe). Against CronAir I plan to go first as that's what they would normally want to go second (if they think their forces are adequate enough to survive two turns), it also gives you more time fighting a smaller army.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking down the crons   Taking down the crons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking down the crons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-