THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

how do u deal with forge father he'stan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kano316
Slave

how do u deal with forge father he'stan  Empty
PostSubject: how do u deal with forge father he'stan    how do u deal with forge father he'stan  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 02:40

ill be playing a friend of mine soon and he has an army with he'stan. the army consist of all drop pods and a bunch of flamers and i believe heavy flamers. not fully sure what tactic will work best against this. was thinking about trying to spread my entire army out. i have alot of list so giving info on what will be in my army would be pointless. (i like to change up list alot for the fun and challange of it). has anyone had to deal with this and if so what worked best for u. thank you
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: how do u deal with forge father he'stan    how do u deal with forge father he'stan  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 04:21

The all pod list with vulkan is a common foe for me though I have yet to face it in 6th.

Once it's down, the units are slow and easy to out maneuver. Here in lies the trick... You need to clump the objectives into 2 very separate spots, ideally out of cover. Then, on the first turn (you will go first if the marine player has a choice) you move your entire army to one set of objectives, ideally the set worth less.

When he drops, it causes several things

If he goes for the bait he drops close to you at which point you redeploy with speed to the other objectives and simply out shoot him. If he drops on the other objectives he looses the benefits of vulkan for the most part. If he splits the drop he looses alpha strike potential and let's you deal with them peicemeal.

So long as your fast and shooty, you should be fine

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: how do u deal with forge father he'stan    how do u deal with forge father he'stan  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 20:31

You can also try castling in a corner (assuming you don't get first turn), to try and reduce the effectiveness of flame templates, and limiting the area where the pods can land by making sure pods can't fit in the spaces between your units. By doing this you can also protect some units from being rapid fired. It also exposes his first wave to the whole of your army.

You need to weigh this up against the other option which is spreading your army out to force him the drop pod player to spread out limiting his mobility.

I had a game against a Vulkan drop pod list yesterday (the report is in my signature).

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do u deal with forge father he'stan    how do u deal with forge father he'stan  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do u deal with forge father he'stan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: