THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

How many grounding tests?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

How many grounding tests? Empty
PostSubject: How many grounding tests?   How many grounding tests? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 14:31

I've had a look through the FAQs, but can't find anything to either confirm or deny my thoughts on this. I'm fairly sure my interpretation is correct, and I think I've got it wrong previously.

When a unit embarked on a transport fires at a swooping monstrous creature, and the vehicle fires, doesn't that mean the FMC has to take two grounded tests if both the squad and the vehicle cause a hit? As the transport is allowed to fire at a different target to the passengers (BRB, page 78), and we are reminded that they are counted as a separate unit for allocation of victory points (BRB, page 127), they must be separate from one another for this as well.

Similarly, does this mean we can crack a tank with a dark lance mounted on a raider and then hose the occupants with splinter fire from the troops inside the Raider?

Sorry if this is something that's been discussed that I've missed, I just want to make sure my reading is correct!

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: How many grounding tests?   How many grounding tests? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 14:36

Yes and Yes.
They are separate units, and as such may fire at separate targets. This is why the 125 standard Kabalite Warrior unit(blaster/venom with 2 cannons) is such a great unit in your backfield against flying monstrous creatures. If you have two of these units you are almost guaranteed to ground a flying MC every turn while moving 12" all the while to avoid fire from other enemy units. Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: How many grounding tests?   How many grounding tests? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 14:56

Ok, thanks! I'd just like to take this opportunity to say Muhahahaha! Blasterborn do still have a place in my army as well then, excellent!

PostSubject: Re: How many grounding tests?   How many grounding tests? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many grounding tests?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: