THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

competative tournament at 1200 pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quin
Slave

competative tournament at 1200 pts Empty
PostSubject: competative tournament at 1200 pts   competative tournament at 1200 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 17:40

Hi guys,

I have been lurking on these forms for quite some time now while I have been collecting my Dark Eldar.

I have a event coming up I wish to attend and it is no restrictions in being cheese or not. In saying that I do not know how to make cheese, from reading many lists and tactis/battle reports I have come up with a list I hope is strong at 1200.

The list

Succubus + venom blade (joins Wyches)

3x Kabalite Trueborn, 3x blaster - Venom, splinter cannon
3x Kabalite Trueborn, 2x dark lance - Venom, splinter cannon

5x Warriors - Venom, splinter cannon
5x Wyches + haywire grenades - Raider (dissies)

3x Reavers - heat lance

Ravager - dark lances
Voidraven - flicker field
Voidraven - flicker field

1200 pts on the nose.

I wanted to go a very heavy shooting list as can be seen.
My concerns are the Trueborn, which of the two load outs would suit this list better? Lances on the Ravager better than dissies for potential 2+ save lists?
Do I have enough anti tank to beat what will appear, I took two Voidravens for AA but also anti flyer, but I worry I could be devastated waiting a turn or two for them to get on the table to make my game work.
I wont get hardly any games in to test so it is all theory hammer.

On a side note to make my army a little harder in combat I was considering dropping the Reavers and taking an
Archon with venom blade, huskblade, soul trap, shadowfield, haywire grenade. Thought it would be cool to have a beat stick char if someone managed to get into my lines!

Would love some feedback from the experienced guys out there on my first competitive list and also if I can cheese it up more let me know!
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: competative tournament at 1200 pts   competative tournament at 1200 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 19:43

First off, welcome to The Dark City! You came to right place, and since you have left the shadows looking for advice, you will receive it.

I think your list is very close to being done for 1200 points, but I would suggest some refinements. Your prediction about being stranded by your own fliers will likely come true, and at low points you especially want all of your army's elements to be able to work together as efficiently as possible. I would recommend 1 Voidraven max, as an anti-tank that can also go anti-flier and, in a pinch, try and drop an AP 2 bomb. If you are facing a flier, and going second, notethat you can declare that you are Deep Striking your Voidraven, which can let you drop it in behind the enemy so that you can't be shot back at easily. The efficacy of this maneuver is left to be described by the internet-famous ShadowsRevenge, who told it to me, so use at your own risk Smile

For the Trueborn, definitely homogenize them- either all Blasterborn or all Lanceborn. 1 squad of Blasterborn doesn't actually accomplish a whole lot on it own, or rather the variance on tank hunting is such that it's really easy to whiff, or get close but not destroy a tank, so it is useful to send 2 squads forward together. If one manages to blow up the target, great, but if not you have the second team ready to try and knock off the last Hull Point or so.

Though, if you want to keep your army at range, all Lanceborn is fine, and you already have them in a Venom, which is a good place for them to be. I also recommend keeping the Lances on your Ravagers, as once you committ to long-range anti-tank you can almost never have enough darklight weapons.

Lastly, your Troops and HQ. 3 Troops is not a ton for 1200 points, but you do have points available if you drop a Voidraven. 5 guys+transport isn't fancy, but having one more squad that can spread out to claim objectives/quarters is valuable. I would keep the Succubus as your HQ- I think you made a good choice of keeping her cheap and in a squad that does the same thing she does. Maybe give her some grenades if you can afford it.

The main changes are swapping a flier, and all of the baggage it brings, for a nice scoring unit and selecting the right Trueborn. Since your army is not looking to advance on the enemy's position (except for the Reavers, maybe) I recommend Lanceborn. Good luck, have fun, and let us know how you did!

Slave

PostSubject: Re: competative tournament at 1200 pts   competative tournament at 1200 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 20:03

Thanks for the advise,

the idea of dropping the the bomber behind the flyer is something I had not thought of.
I was always planning on running my trueborn the same I just listed both to get an idea which would be better.

If I do drop the 2nd bomber I feel I lose to much AA and am leaning towards a second ravager. I know I should go a 4th troop especially as one unit is pretty much suicidal!
Back to top Go down
Quin
Slave

PostSubject: Re: competative tournament at 1200 pts   competative tournament at 1200 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 16:05

I played a game today albeit at 1850 points.
I used two void bombers, and honestly I was so disappointed,two shots that's it. easy to miss one and then I have be successful in a armor pen blah! maybe it was just my bad luck but I found them very underwhelming!

In light of this I have rejigged a list to well, just forget about flyers, the plan is simple if one or two do appear I have enough weapons that maybe I will get lucky once or twice a turn if I am forced too, if my opponent it heavy flyers or its a quality guard blob, well then damn!

Succubus + venom blade (joins Wyches)

5x Warriors - Raider (dissies)
5x Wyches + haywire grenades - Raider (dissies)

3x Reavers - heat lance

Ravager - dark lances
Ravager - dark lances
Ravager - dissies

1200 on the nose again.

This list will allow me to start from turn one and be 100% effective, includes the extra troops choice.
It does miss having some of the great night shields but I feel with so many targets I should be able to hold a flank and have the maneuverability to avoid flyers a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: competative tournament at 1200 pts   competative tournament at 1200 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

competative tournament at 1200 pts
Page 1 of 1