THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

color mixes for studio paint scheme?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
brother bart
Slave

color mixes for studio paint scheme? Empty
PostSubject: color mixes for studio paint scheme?   color mixes for studio paint scheme? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:51

Does anyone have the recipes for the Dark Eldar kabal color schemes that GW used to have posted on their site? (Before they took them all down in preparation for their new paint line launch) Specifically the colors for the dark teal green edging over black base scheme.

I mixed some up and didn't save the recipes (naively thinking they would stay up on their website) and now Im affraid i'll run out mid-army and not be able to duplicate the mixes Sad
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: color mixes for studio paint scheme?   color mixes for studio paint scheme? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 19:37

This is from the other thread on this from a while back. If you Google "Webway Green" the thread pops up.
4 colours to mix up ahead of painting:
Kabal Green - 50/50 mix of Enchanted Blue & Dark Angels Green
Webway Green - 60/20/20 mix of rotting flesh, kabal green and scorpion green
Nightmare blue - 50/50 mix of chaos black and regal blue
Grotesque gold - 50/50 mix of tin bitz and dwarf bronze

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
brother bart
Slave

PostSubject: Re: color mixes for studio paint scheme?   color mixes for studio paint scheme? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 21:36

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Now just to find the closest matches in paint lines that are actually in production Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: color mixes for studio paint scheme?   color mixes for studio paint scheme? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 01:08

I can save you a little hassle in that department as I recently had to remix the same paints.
Enchanted Blue: Caledor Blue. Very close match, works well
Scorpion Green: Moot Green. Again, very close match
Dark Angels Green: I used Orkhide Flesh before, had a pot left to use again. Sorry, can't help on this one.
Rotting Flesh: NOTHING in the new line matches this paint. Not even close. I had to mix a bit of P3 Thrall Flesh with white to get something sort of close.

I hope this helps. I tried simply buying the new paints that are made to match the old mixes (Incubi Darkness, Kabalite Green, hellion green). They are not a good match.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: color mixes for studio paint scheme?   color mixes for studio paint scheme? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

color mixes for studio paint scheme?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: