THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?

Go down 
+2
Mushkilla
Grumpy Kwi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? Empty
PostSubject: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:12

I had a situation with Urien sitting in front of an empty AV10 vehicle - can he use his casket against it?

I thought he could since there is no reference saying "non-vehicle" units - just that the fluff explanation is all about "spirits peeling the flesh off".

I am sure that is not what the designer wanted us to use the casket against but I do not see anything that prevents it. Just wanted to hear what you guys think.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:19

Can't see why man eating pixies can't be trained to perform a mid battle strip down of an enemy vehicle. You just need to convince them there is food inside that can. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:29

It was against my Wrack Raider which has lots of "living" parts anyways Razz
Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? 2011-11-19_11-14-36_423
I think that you're in the clear on this one for sure. Everything in the rules portion of the CoF states that it is a shooting attack and places no restrictions on what kind of target you can use it on. Don't let the fluff get in the way of the rules; GW sure doesn't Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:44

That is one fine raider!!!!

Btw are you guys going to put a report up?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:45

Ohhhh that thing is so awesome...

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:53

@Evil Space Elves wrote:

Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? 2011-11-19_11-14-36_423

Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8voG67FlrHPdiTnI7HGVDQNwqQ7rEgsPz_x3WEeRv_QmqdehBMg&t=1

sorry for imageposting, its just that good that im breathless

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Grumpy Kwi
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 17:59

It was a very inspiring model...until my pixies o' doom penetrated and exploded the darn thing. I got 2, strength 5 hits that I rolled a glance and a pen. and it was AP2 (or was it AP1?) - boom!

Got lucky but I just can't get the image out of my mind that the raider would have to be made of flesh?

I dunno...

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:01

They ate the driver and it crashed?

Back to top Go down
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:04

That is such a nice model and fits so well with the wrack

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:09

By the looks of things if this picture had not been posted in the rules section, no one would have ever known that ESE was a fantastic painter!

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:14

@Mushkilla wrote:
That is one fine raider!!!!

Btw are you guys going to put a report up?
thanks! There's a matching one that will get finished(finally) this month with the possibility of a coven Ravager to match them. And yes, Grumpy Kwi wrecked the hell out of it with the Casket of Flensing Twisted Evil I suppose that Urien would know best how to wreck a living Raider Razz

No report for this one, but I'll be doing some in the near future with that program that you shared.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:17

Dare I ask who won? Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 18:35

@Mushkilla wrote:
Dare I ask who won? Twisted Evil
The Dark Eldar army Razz

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 15:13

ESE won by 3 points (he had the relic free and clear). We both had line-breaker, I had killed his warlord and he had first blood so all that was left was the relic.

My warlord had furious charge in his deployment zone (useless as I played a true coven list and the Father of Pain was handing out 3 tokens so everyone had at least 2 tokens anyway.

His warlord had nightfighting but that was a bust too as we all know. He also had the +1 attack drug.

My favorite high light of the game was Urien challenging the Succubus, the Succubus scoring 4 agoniser wounds and Urien only getting 1 clone with 1 wound already scored. So with 3 FnP rolls I had to roll at least 2 saves for Urien to live and he made 2 of the 3 which saved his life. Not sure if it was that round or the next but Urien did score one insta-kill wound and the succubus failed the save. Urien then challenged the hekatrix and killed her immediately as the clone-field had her completely fooled.

Other than that I was out played and had a fantastic time while losing (killing me softly). Learned a lot and discovered I got to get over my 5th edition lists and start converting them to 6th pronto!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 16:07

I seem to remember Urien taking out a Talos as well Mad

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 18:05

Oh yah, forgot that big guy and forgot to give Urien his 6th pain token. Oops, just remembered my Haemy forgot to place the portal down before taking a dark lance to the face (rolled a "1" on the LoS).

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 18:24

Okay, we really need to do a battle report next time. Tons of cool stuff happened Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 18:40

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
Okay, we really need to do a battle report next time. Tons of cool stuff happened Twisted Evil

Indeed, it is a crime to leave a battle as epic as this undocumented! Glad you had fun. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?   Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casket of Fensing vs. Vehicles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: