THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Versus Grey Knights

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 20:19

@ESE:
Well my armylist is a few posts up. I especially enjoyed my Ravagers who kept spitting out DL shots every turn, killing stuff. Especially nice against terminators. But I also had ALOT of poisoned shots from the Splinter Cannons and splinter rifles and you'll notice that weight of number will finally succeed. He can't avoid 1's forever. Wink

@Efernux & others interested in a batrep:
Well... I'm not going to do a bat rep, but I can give a quick summary.

- He had 1 tank, which I toke out in turn 1 (ouch). His mobility was gone. First blood.
- I toke out the termies in the tank at turn 2 including his warlord (ouch). Warlord slain.
- He castled up the rest in a ruïn, going to ground, claiming a 2+ coversave. He didn't have an answer to my ability to stay out of range and my mobility. So IMHO he made an armylist mistake.
- I've spend several turns shooting everything inside that ruïn. I shot the last termie with my LAST weapon in the LAST turn (turn 5). Epic.
- But, he came with his flyer in turn 4. I had no answer to the flyer cause I hoped it would hover for a turn or 2. Because it came on in turn 4, it hovered only in turn 5 (I was 1st so my turn was gone). He let out the assasins and ate away my Wyches (which he weakened in turn 4 with his flyer.
- That was all my fault. I should've put my Archon and Wyches on the objective, to create a bubblewrap. Lesson learned. I thought I had it in the bag. But theoretically he could've win if his last termie didn't go down.
- Plus I forgot to disembark the wyches in turn 5, which I moved flatout for linebreaker in turn 4. Lol. I'm a dummy sometimes.
- So I won 2- 1. I had First Blood and Warlord Slain, he had LineBreaker (the assasins couldn't claim my objective thank the dark muses).

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 20:25

well thats just bad luck on his part with the blowup and die, still, nicely played

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03 2012, 08:26

Lol. Yeah you could say bad luck. I say I brought enough Dark Lances with me (10) to do the job. He should've brought 2 Razors instead of 1 big Landraider. He clearly underestimated our DLs.

For the record, I wrecked the Landraider. It didn't blow up.

W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 08:41

I have a question about the grey knights, I was playing a game against my friend who mains grey knights and he said he had some kind of grenade or something that made me take an initiative test or I don't get to assault. First off does anyone know what those were and second how does that work on anyone with over I6? (He was using it on lelith who was doing great that night considering)

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 08:46

duno the grenade, but in that case, i think rolling on a characteristic is in the BRB somewhere. You roll d6, and hope the roll is under or equal to the number given, 6 is alwayse an automatic failure.

Back to top Go down
W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 08:50

@Enfernux wrote:
duno the grenade, but in that case, i think rolling on a characteristic is in the BRB somewhere. You roll d6, and hope the roll is under or equal to the number given, 6 is alwayse an automatic failure.
Ok thx for that, it really made me angry because he fussed about it because he claims hes only lost one and it was just his hq and some marines against lelith and 4 wyches and a gunboat...Im pretty sure he lied to me now about alot of stuff.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 08:55

The grenades are called Empyrean Brain Mines and work on one enemy model in base contact with the bearer. As Enfernux said, Lelith only fails an I test on a 6.

W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 08:57

@Count Adhemar wrote:
The grenades are called Empyrean Brain Mines and work on one enemy model in base contact with the bearer. As Enfernux said, Lelith only fails an I test on a 6.
So he did lie to me! Evil or Very Mad Thanks guys ill seriously remember this! If I get a rematch soon i'll be sure you all know the outcome Twisted Evil

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:05

@W'fo: Always sad when ppl try to win games this way. I'm suprised you still wánt to play 'm.

@Enfernux: You have still not replied. I strongly disagree with: "just bad luck on his part". It offends me a little to be honest. I know i'm not a tactical mastermind who wins tons of tournaments, but I did a lot of things right as soon as I saw his list. It's rather a stastistic that I would've downed that Landraider in turn 1, as I concentrated all my lances on that thing (as opposed to him having 'just bad luck'). It would've been 'good luck' if it survived!

So... Take it back! I would feel better. Razz

W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:08

@tlronin wrote:
@W'fo: Always sad when ppl try to win games this way. I'm suprised you still wánt to play 'm.

@Enfernux: You have still not replied. I strongly disagree with: "just bad luck on his part". It offends me a little to be honest. I know i'm not a tactical mastermind who wins tons of tournaments, but I did a lot of things right as soon as I saw his list. It's rather a stastistic that I would've downed that Landraider in turn 1, as I concentrated all my lances on that thing (as opposed to him having 'just bad luck'). It would've been 'good luck' if it survived!

So... Take it back! I would feel better. Razz
Alot of people take advantage of the fact I was swarmed and dragged into sixth edition right after I pretty much had 5th memorised for what I needed.I only want a re-match to see how much damage I can do his forces after alot of the research i've done here! Some of my posts that talk about sucking out the emperors champion soul and such is from the same person tongue

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:11

well excuse me, i never really had that luck yet - probably for the lack of lances, meh XD - so to me, it is bad luck on his part. So no, i dont take it back, although i see your point of view, but that doesnt change my statement, which is subjective, and i wont change my statement, because then that wouldnt be my statement any more.

so my answer is: no Smile

Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:32

Ok, I wanted to keep it light hearted (hence the emoticon), 'cause I wasn't thát concerned. Look, do you realize that by your statement you basically say that i won the game just by good luck and not by making good decisions? If you dó realize that, then we have a problem. If you didn't mean it like that then, forget what I said. Look, you can say what you want ofcourse (i-net freedom and whatever), but you can step on people's feelings in the process.

I refuse to concede to the statement that I simply had good luck, 'cause that would really not do justice.

- I researched Grey Knights and I concluded to bring enough DLs and Dissies (so tooling up your armylist for the job is half the battle).
- He explained his list. I saw that if I took out his Landraider and later on his flyer (a Storm Talon?) all the mobility would've been knocked out of his army (which is good for me, 'cause I'm highly mobile and have long range).
- The remainder of the game I was out of range and all he could do was lay on his tummy in a ruïn to protect his objective. It was actually good luck on his part how many 1s he refused to throw (this was according to MY diabolical plan... I PLANNED it like this, perhaps an unfamiliar term to you)!
- I admit that by turn 4/5 I became sloppy and should've made other choices to protect my own objective. I managed to correct my error in the last turn and win with 2 - 1 (that I forgot to disembark with my Wyches for Linebreaker in turn 5 is because Im still getting used to 6th).
- It's not MY fault you are unable to make good lists and fail with your Dark Lances, so don't say that other DE players get lucky with their DLs when they do the stuff they are supposed to be doing.

But let's not turn this into a flame. Keep your 'subjective statements' out of my threads and we'll be fine.

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:38

yep, your over reacting, i only ment it was bad luck on his side to lose the LR turn one. So thanks for the wall of text, but it wuz really unnecessary Wink AND if you read back, i DID say, nicely played. Geez XD

Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2012, 09:44

Hmm... Nope *seals lips*

Forget what I said. Thank you for your contributions in this thread and on to the next...

Imperial Guard! *tata... TA* Shocked

W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 01:13

For all wondering, my rematch went very well in a 1200 point game, it helped that one turn one I was able to instakill his hq with a dark lance which was a Librarian in termi armor, the rest of the game was alot of maneuvering and alot of picking and hit and running. Althought sadly lelith wasn't able to truly re-deem herself as I liked, she managed to kill quite a few men so im glad I ran her in the list. All in all im happy with my result pirat

PostSubject: Re: Versus Grey Knights   Versus Grey Knights - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Versus Grey Knights
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: