HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anyone else have this problem?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

Anyone else have this problem? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 17:18

So I have glued my entire force together with the Citadel Plastic Glue and now pieces of them (an arm here, a torso there) are just randomly falling off? I haven't even gotten a game in with them and it is happening! Did I get an old bottle or something? Has this happened to anyone else? I am just glad that I picked up some of their super glue too because the plastic glue is pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 17:27

its from the heat. If you keep it in a hot eviroment, the plastic glue will lose its bonds

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 18:06

Oh wow. I had no idea about that. Lame...

Ok so the plan is to resettle them to a cooler place, however, should I be checking the models for weaknesses and then regluing/reinforcing them? Or if they haven't already fallen apart then is there anything to worry about?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 18:54

basically just keep them in a cool place, and it should be fine. Plastic glue is very strong, as it creates a bond, instead of just holding in place like super glue. Also I wouldnt worry about other things falling off. Just reattach it if it does (and remember to scrape off the old glue, so the new glue binds with the plastic)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23 2012, 22:33

strangely, never had this problem. Mind you, I live in the UK so if it's due to heat that would explain it...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 03:23

Wait, plastic glue literally melts and rebonds the pieces of plastic together. That shouldn't be able to just melt apart!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 03:28

I'm thinking that it could have been a bad batch of glue for the heat to have caused the problem. I know that Portland isn't chilly in the summer, but it's also not Cairo Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 03:42

We have had an unusually hot summer. Couple that with no air conditioning and you have a recipe for (glue) disaster.

That being said, the glue did feel a bit, for lack of a better word, "old." Not sure why even, maybe just the way it moved and whatnot. It also might just be in my head.

Anywho, I have moved all my models into the basement which is always nice and cool so there they shall stay until I need them for playing/painting.
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 04:33

I live in Texas. My models fall apart all the time...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 04:59

When you glue parts together work the connecting surfaces with file, it will connect better.

I dont really understand how properly glued plastic can fall apart, it is litterally a single plastic figurine now.
Its not some Metal Figures, that requires pinning.

Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 11:58

well, if glue fails you, theres alwayse the alternative: duc it Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Skulnbonz
Wych
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 13:48

Citadel glue is famous for how bad it is.
the best glue I have ever used to glue plastic together is:
Anyone else have this problem? LocTiteSuperGlueGel005228

sirron
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 13:59

here in Brazil I never had this problem!

try to pin it!
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 16:00

ever thought of plastic cement?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 16:49

I've used this stuff for years without problems. It is readily available and cheap here in California, not sure about Portland.
Anyone else have this problem? Hlc108

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24 2012, 21:16

Testors model cement. In the orange tube.

I've been using that stuff since i was a kid and it has always worked well. never had a model come apart.

Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25 2012, 12:14

I've been having a similar problem recently with GW plastic glue. I can't take my marines anywhere without taking a good supply of blu-tac with me for the other end. Oddly enough it only happens with my Marines not DE, maybe its a sign? Not sure if its the heat or not considering the wash out the UKs summer has been this year. I may have to start hunting around for another store for plastic cement.

On the other hand my latest batch of GW super glue is the best I've got from them, if you don't mind your nostrils burning off as you open the pot. Rolling Eyes

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25 2012, 13:46

I use Army Painter's glue. Very good. Models survive falling and rolling on the floor without loosing a head or a hand.

Darkos
Slave
Darkos

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 17:31

it used to happen to me all the time. Then i changed to tamiya's plastic glue, and it never happened again. it even comes with a brush...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 17:49

+1 to the locktite.
There is a really good locktite glue that I have found. It comes in the same bottle as the one shown by Skulbonz, although it is black in stead of blue. It contains rubber which makes it rather shatter resistant. I have been able to drop kabalites stuck together with the stuff and they didn't break. Then I moved onto Citadel glue. Mad

I have found that if you use Citadel glue to keep the joints together temporarily and then add a small blob of Revell polycement it works wonders. I haven't had a polycemented model break on me yet.

Anyone else have this problem? Contacta_Professional_Poly_Cement

When I say a blob, I mean a tiny bit. One bottle this size has been in my family for fourteen years and still has about a third left in it.

Anyone else have this problem? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 15:43

A gfood while ago there has been a flawed Plastic-Glue production at GW.

Have the same problem as a buddy of mine, which is the same as you have described it. Random parts falling off and worst of all, you can't simply glue them back together.

Simply get new and other glue Smile And go back to your GW and tell them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have this problem?   Anyone else have this problem? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else have this problem?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: