THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

is this legal?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bauglir
Hellion

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 07:38

Hi there,

I have:

10 warriors with dedicated Raider.
1 Heamonculus

May I deploy the warriors next to the raider but joined by the Heamie? The Heamie then goes off on his onw, leaving the pain token with the warriors. The warrios embark and buzz off.

Yours
B

Sybarite
Chaeril

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 09:04

Sounds cheesy to me... Even if it would be legal, I would give you at least a nasty glance if I were your opponent.

Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 09:10

Nope. Not legal. The whole unit must be inside the vehicle, and when joined to a unit, the IC is part of the unit.

It's also unnecessary, just have the haem detach from the unit and leave the raider.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 09:13

It is legal, units don't have to start inside their dedicated transports, and independent characters can start with any unit they want (give or take a few exceptions).

I don't see what's cheesy about it either, those warriors are exposed on the first turn and are toast if you don't go first.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 09:43

ahahaa I misread the post. I believe mush is correct my bad. I thought you wanted the warriors in the raider and the heam out. Silly me.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 09:48

@Melkor wrote:
ahahaa I misread the post. I believe mush is correct my bad. I thought you wanted the warriors in the raider and the heam out. Silly me.

Don't worry, I thought that as well the first time I read it. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 11:04

@Chaeril wrote:
Sounds cheesy to me... Even if it would be legal, I would give you at least a nasty glance if I were your opponent.

????

I hope you are kidding - pain token shuffle is pretty standard for dark eldar!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 11:15

@Massaen wrote:
@Chaeril wrote:

????

I hope you are kidding - pain token shuffle is pretty standard for dark eldar!

Well I am not doing it. Just like I don't put down a Doom Diver in my all goblin WFB army. Seeing the insane and stupid carnage it inflicted before on my Empire knights (no armour save allowed falling goblin...) and acting annoyed as a consequence would make it extremely hypocritical of me to use one myself now that I can...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 11:41

The rules are right there in the codex for all to see and transferring pain tokens is simply part of the standard DE strategy. I very much doubt that any of your opponents would be concerned or even surprised by this. Most opponents would be wondering why you're not doing it!

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 14:37

yes, its legal. And pain token shuffle is really the only way to use Hellions...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Bauglir
Hellion

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 20:39

Thank you all for the replies.

You've helped me out.

Yours
B

Hellion
Crowbar

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 13:55

I've tried this before, and it turned out really bad for me. Althought I didnt get to go first and night fighting wasnt on, so buddy drop podded a flamer dreadnaught right beside my warriors and toasted them all, so all I was left with was a 1 shot ravager wanna be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is this legal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this legal?   is this legal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is this legal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-