THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My very first Tourny

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crowbar
Hellion
Crowbar

My very first Tourny Empty
PostSubject: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 03:06

Good evening Commorragh.

Tomorrow morning starts my very first mini wargaming tournament. I have played 40k about 3 times now, won all 3, but with little understanding as to why. After each game it took me about 20min to get my senses back. SO MANY RULES Mad so hard to remember them all.

Anyways, I figured playing in a small local tourny would help me gain some much needed experience. I have a few questions before tomorrow begins. But first here is the list that I believe the store owner will be setting up for me. Yes, I'm borrowing the store army, I have no models at the moment.

HQ-DUKE
150PTS
TROOPS-X9 KABALITE WARRIORS W/ RAIDER W/ TORMENT LAUNCHERS, NS, SR, ENHANCED SAILS (HQ RIDE)
181PTS
TROOPS-X10 WYCHES W/ HWG, HEK, PGL, RAIDER W/ NS, SHOCK PROW
210PTS
TROOPS-X10 WYCHES W/ HWG, HEK, PGL, RADIER W/ NS, SHOCK PROW
210PTS
TROOPS-X10 KABAL WARRIORS W/ SC, RAIDER W/ NS, SR,
185PTS
TROOPS-X10 KABAL WARRIORS W/ SC, RAIDER W/ NS, SR,
185PTS
FAST ATTACK-X6 REAVERS W/ CHAMPION
142PTS
FAST ATTACK-X6 REAVERS W/ CHAMPION
142PTS
HEAVY SUPPORT-RAVAGER W/ NS
115PTS
115PTS
115PTS

First question, is there a generic tactical method for using this type of army with the Duke?
Is there a tactical method to shock prow, I'd really like to try and ram into a unit with the raider and have the wyches jump out and slay them all.
I understand this may depend on the type of army I'm playing. I would imagine that I'll be facing Grey Knights, Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids, Tau, Eldar, Space Marines, Demons and Orks.

Oh btw, for this tournament, the store owner has said that we will not be using mysterious terrain (which is good, cause i haven't read that far into the rule book yet) and that for the warlord traits, instead of picking one of the 3 tables and rolling for a trait, we're going to be rolling a D6 and pick one trait from any table that corresponds to the number rolled.

I know this is a really broad question, but is there any advice to be given at all for a new player.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 03:37

First off: remember to have fun Very Happy
Tournaments can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you settle down you'll have a blast. Everybody is still new to the rules, you will forget to do stuff, your opponent will forget to do stuff. Let your opponents know that you are new to the game/army. Cool opponents will help you along the way.

My tactical advice is going to sound pretty general, but will serve you well regardless of what army you face.
1. Use your speed. You are going to be faster than your opponents almost 100% of the time. Realize that your army can redeploy to the other side of the table in a single turn if it needs to. Use your mobility to keep your opponents off balance and never let them play to their strengths.

2. Fight dirty. NEVER fight a fair fight. Double team units to make sure that you will win. Don't charge a unit just because you can. Make sure that you know that you will win your combats before committing.

3. Remember your drugs. I don't know how many times that I've forgotten about Wyche drugs...the Duke makes this even better.

4. Have fun. Remember, it's only a game. Throw some dice and have a good time. You'll never go wrong.

Hope it helps Very Happy

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Hellion
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 03:54

That actually helps a lot. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Hellion
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 04:07

Can I use overwatch with my raiders if I'm being charged?
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 05:34

As far as I know, the squad inside gets to Overwatch.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Hellion
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 13:30

Well todays the big day! I'll let you guys know how things work out when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 16:09

Best of luck Twisted Evil Just remember to have fun and you'll win regardless of whatever your record ends up being Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Hellion
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2012, 23:39

WOW is all i have to say. What an amazing way to gain experience. I believe we had 16 players in total, 3 games each, table terrain, mission, and deployment were all setup before hand. I won 2 out of 3 and placed 5th overall. I "massacred" a Grey Wolf army, and a Chaos Demons army, but the last game I literally had no brain power left to continue, was getting really tired, so I called it quits and let the young guy win, who took 1st place.

The Duke army was very user friendly. I'll have to post a beginner guide thing in the other topic area for other newbies. I had basically a how to and what to do sheet that I written up last night that was a huge asset during the games.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 10:22

Great to hear it went well. Your list is pretty much what I play nowadays, never used Reavers before but with the new edition I'm liking them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My very first Tourny   My very first Tourny I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My very first Tourny
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-