THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spirituus
Slave
Spirituus

Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  Empty
PostSubject: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10 2012, 23:42

Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  Dsc02610

WIP of where I'm going with my Wyches. Gladiator units (Wyches, Bikes, Hellions) are going Orange>Purple. Kabal units (Incubi and Warriors) are going Purple>Orange.

I think I'll mix it up and Coven units may go some sort of flesh and bile green with hints of the armies overall colours.

Critiques are more than welcome.

I'll throw my Incubi up as soon as I can get access to a camera, my wife has mine out of town atm.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 15:00

Looks just a little bright for my tastes, but may just be the lighting. The overall scheme is somewhat reminiscent of a poisonous insect or something without being the standard black/yellow, which I like.

And I like the idea of swapping colours between your Cult and Kabal units - I was planning on doing the same with mine (but different colours), to retain the unified appearance of an army while distinguishing different unit types. I've not got as far as painting any Wyches yet though. Do you have a Kabalite warrior for comparison?
Back to top Go down
Spirituus
Slave
Spirituus

PostSubject: Re: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 23:31

Thanks for the input.

I assure this is not going to be a "bright" army.

You're dead on with the poisonous insects. I'm using poison toads and other venomous animals as my model.

I don't have a good Warrior right now but I will post an Incubi which have barely any orange to them.

Next up is a Venom I think you'll like where I'm going with things.

The reason the Wyches are looking so bright right now is that I need to mute the skin colors and change the hair up some. Also, I have both new and old Wyches I think the scheme will look better on the new ones as Armor will be Orange hued and leather/textile will be purple and black. Which the new models support more.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 00:01

Ooh, I really like gharishly coloured DEldar.
After a while dark blue and red can get dull, so it's always nice to see a change.

I think my only crticism is that the skin is too dark for my views o Eldar, but that's personal preference. Good work, nice colour scheme and awesome model.

Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12 2012, 04:17

Oh, I do like Twisted Evil I would probably darken up the purple hair a bit, but I do think that the yellow is right on and the skin tone is very complementary. good stuff Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)    Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype for my Wyches (WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: