THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament Empty
PostSubject: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 11:06

Well, as in title, I am paired with Tyranids. His lists will be something like Flyrant, 6 biovores, 2-3 Tervigons, few Hive Guards, Deathleaper and some termagaunts.
We will play 3 missions, 2 objective based and one "kill them all".
We will play against:

Space Wolves + Tau
Chaos (9 oblits) + Tyranids
Eldars + Necrons

LIST nr 1

Baron

3x Trueborn + 2 blasters (Venom+SC)
3x Trueborn + 2 SC (Venom+SC)
3x Trueborn + 2 Dark lances (Venom+SC)

5x Kabalite + blaster (Venom+SC)

Ravager with 3 Dark lances

Aegis Defense Line

Plan is to put trueborns with sc and dls behind Aegis, rest is just bringing heavy weapons with good ap, cause thats what my Nid teammate wont have.

LIST nr 2

Baron
Haemonculi + Liquifier

3x Trueborn + 1 Dark lance (Venom+SC)

5x Wracks + Liquifier (Raider +DL) Haem goes here
5x Wracks + Liquifier (Venom+SC)

This list has much better cc, few flamers and is better at camping objective, but im afraid I wont have enough AT against War Walkers, Barges etc

I could take one razorwing or voidraven, but never played with any, and dunno about if its better than ravager. So if anyone has some helpful comment I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 14:22

the first list is better, but a few questions...

Whats the point of the ADL??? You dont have a gun on it, and you dont have anything that will benefit from the 4+ save... why waste the points?

secondly where is baron going? He has no unit he can sit with, so he is just an easy VP as he is your warlord. I would drop him for a cheap archonw/blaster or get a unit for him to be with.

Also I would atleast bring one flyer, unless your nid partner has a bunch of flying MCs... Flyers are a pain this edition

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
cal88
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 17:56

couldnt agree more with the flyers comment, bombers take care of everything ns ff and 4 sf missiles and thats all your answer to all those nids. missiles that wound on 2s most of the time rerolling, they cant make all there saves. not tom mention there so hard to put down and for 10 points they never have to jink because they get a 5+ anyways. to tough not to bring. and if you want baron then fine (more of an archon man myself but to each his own) but if your going to bring him drop some of your troop and bring a deep squad or two of hellions to put him in. It will save him from alot of fire and he will give the hellions stealth. and dont worry about having alot of troop in a 2v2 game you should have all the troops you need.
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 20:08

Well, as for AGL I wanted to put trueborns with SC's and DL's behind it. Also I hoped for some cover for friendly hive Guards if terrain wont be good. Hard to hide all those venoms.

Baron is mainly for +1 to who starts roll. I prefer to get first turn against Tau/Space Wolves. I thought about taking beast unit for Baron, but never played with them and have no idea if they are better than just another venom with kabalites.

I know there wont be any flayers in this tournament, except flying Tyranids. I could take bomber if I drop AGL, taking 2 shatterfield missiles, but Bomber hursts my alpha strike ability, coming earliest in turn 2.

Im mainly trying to make list against Tau/Space Wolves team, cause they will have so much shooting with 9 broadsides, 2-3 Rune Priests and 3 squads of Long fangs that without alpha strike I dont see how I can stand against such firepower.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 21:41

alpha strike???
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 22:47

You know.... Razz when you get first turn and blow away most dangerous enemy units.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 00:29

hahaha that seems very situational to try to bank on 2/3rds of the time you wont touch a good player on the first turn because the new deployments. id rather be ready for the 2nd turn and lets be honest the only turn that matters is the last one
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 14:56

ok, Ill go over the first list in more detail then.

First off, Baron isnt good when alone. Since killing him is now a VP, I dont think you should leave him solo. Beasts or even atleast Reavers will help (remember with Reavers, their save goes to a 3+ (5+ for jink, 4+ for skilled riders, 3+ for stealth) but you cant TB with them then. Beasts are really nasty, and are worth the loss of a venom. But I digress...

the ADL isnt worth its points for just 6 T3 bodies. That 4+ Coversave isnt going to help them enough to keep them alive. Drop it and keep them in their respective vehicles (or out of the way, which is what I do with my lanceborn) Also the nid player's Hive Guard should be blocked by his own MCs, as HG can shoot through other models no problem.

Drop the lanceborn. 1 Dark Lance isnt going to make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, and neither is that venom. Use the points to up the Blasterborn to 3~4 man w/ 3~4 blasters. And use the rest of them for those reavers or beasts for Baron.

Also I am a fan of diconomy. So like Blasterborn in Venom. I dont like Splinterborn for the simple reason that for whatever damage they can do, the venom can do it better. Switch them for something else, or atleast give them a raider for diconomy.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Zanais
Kabalite Warrior
Zanais

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:09

Thanks Shadow
I used some advices and thats modified list:

Archon w/ Blaster, Venom Blade, Ghostplate Armour, Combat Drugs

3x Trueborn + 2 SC (Raider)

Reaver jetbikes x3 w/ Heat Lance

Total 1496

I thought about giving Archon only blaster but his other items are only 25 points, its like 1 jetbike and at least he will be able to do something in cc (There will be some mycetic spores and grey hunters coming down in drop pods Razz )
Im also considering to change one Ravager into 3x disintegrators. Broadsites with shield drones are rather waste of dark lances.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 21:45

ok, alittle better, lets see if we can squeeze any more effectiveness out of this

So Archon, not a bad choice, but he wont be able to do anything with how you have him set up. He needs a Shadowfield to survive anything, ghostplate doesnt cut it. So if you drop the ghostplate and the drugs, all you have to do is find 10 extra points... lets see if we cant get them elsewhere

Personally in your trueborn is where I would free up some points. I know you are trying to do the whole (6 troops 3 elite) venomspam thing, but right now your list isnt suffering from fire power. AT 1500 pts very few armies can field as many tanks as DE can, and losing one to increase the effectiveness of the rest isnt going to make that much difference. I would personally drop the Splinterborn (again... I dont like them since they cant do as much damage as a venom) and the raider, and use those points to fill out your blasterborn and throw in the shadowfield. If you still want that one vehicle, take 3 wracks in your elites (they are only 30 pts) and make a nice bodyguard your your Archon to go into (also gives him a pain token, which is nice since 1 more and he gets FC, which means re-rolls to wound on T4 models with that venom blade)

Troops, fine

FA fine, here is another place where you can free up points. But I really like reavers... so its a tough choice...

HS Fine, the Dissie Cannon Ravager would be nice, but remember that its not optimal. You have enough splinter to cut through anything, and remember wound allocation is from closest, so to take it on the shield drones he has to put them in front, which you just kill them with splinterfire, and then dark lance the crap out of his broadsides (remember you ID them with dark lances)

But try this list out, and see if that is what you want out of your list. If you like it, use it. If not, then try some of my modifications and see if that is better.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament   2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 lists for 1500 2vs2 torunament
Page 1 of 1