THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Quick question about Fortune

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

Quick question about Fortune Empty
PostSubject: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:18

So I know that there is the big debate on whether or not our units can be affected by fortune or not, but that's not what this is about. My question is, if an Archon is in a unit of harlequins, can a farseer cast fortune on them? It specifies that it can only be cast on an Eldar unit, which harlequins are even though they have an Archon attached. I will probably never use this idea but I just thought it'd be a fun/mean way to make an evil assault unit with a 2++ rerollable at the front of it.
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:30

fortune works for the whole unite, even IC who have joined them.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 17:52

Ok, so you would say that even with a DE IC as part of the unit, the unit still counts as an Eldar unit? That also made me think of another question, say I took a DE unit and attached Eldrad to it, could that unit (with Eldrad) still enter through a WWP?
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 18:01

you can only CAST it on an eldar unite, and if the archon is part of it so be it.
on the wwp: doesnt restrict to army as i read.

just read through DE6eFAQ, but Siticus wuz faster...darn XD

Last edited by Enfernux on Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 18:10

Quote :
Q: Can units from allied detachment use webway portal to enter play from deserve?
A: No.

Dark Eldar 6e FAQ. Everyone should have read this by now. That means, no, Eldrad cannot come through the portal because he is from the allied detachment.

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 19:43

Also, going off of Siticus here, you should probably specify WHICH force your harlies are from. No big deal since they're the same points in both, but CWE harlies are just ever so slightly better, with the stealth and shroud buffs, and the fact that you still have to check for distance, thanks to the poorly worded FAQ.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 20:12

@DarkKokabel wrote:
Ok, so you would say that even with a DE IC as part of the unit, the unit still counts as an Eldar unit?

The problem comes here is what consitutes a Eldar unit?

RAW anything from Codex: Eldar

So, is the farseer from Codex: Eldar? yes

Are the harlies? yes

Is the Archon? no

Now read Fortune. It states that it must target an eldar unit, and that unit may re-roll saves. So as long as the target is an eldar unit. So RAW the farseer (an eldar unit) could be in any unit (say... incubi) and they would benifit from the re-rolls. That being said I would still make it clear with your opponent or TO about the rules.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Fortune   Quick question about Fortune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick question about Fortune
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: