THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Dark Eldar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ben_S
Sybarite

My Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: My Dark Eldar   My Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 13:07

Firstly, I'm new not only to this forum but also the DE army, so I'm posting here the very beginnings of my new army for comments, (friendly) criticism, and advice. I hope that it's ok to post pictures of my models in this section since it's not intended to be a painting log - rather, it's for discussion.

I had some old DE from the 3rd edition of 40k and I've reinforced these with more purchased from eBay. I know a lot of people don't like these much but I quite like them. I thought it may be the helmets/heads that look wrong though, so I tried replacing mine with dark elf warrior heads. And I also tried something more like a 'modern' colour scheme (though since I'm not an accomplished painter it was basically black with dry brushed green).

Afraid the pictures I have aren't the best, not helped by the fact that I'd (gloss) varnished these before I took them, but I think they suffice to give the general idea.

My Dark Eldar June2012010
My Dark Eldar June2012008

(Sorry, wasn't able to work out how to thumbnail/gallery these either, despite Local_Ork's thread - I couldn't find where to get a thumbnail url from - but I hope they're not too large.)

I think with future ones I'll try leaving off the spikes on the shoulders. I did also try trimming the shoulder pads down on one, but decided that was too much effort and I'm not bothered by them.

I know they're not the prettiest - I only aspire to presentable table top quality - but I'd welcome opinions, particularly on whether I should keep using dark elf heads (which look a bit pixie-like to me) or use the original dark eldar helmets. I keep going back nad forth on that one...
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

My Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dark Eldar   My Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 13:14

arent these the old models?? But the reptilian idea is good, like it, but i cant seam to get over the space-marine red of the weapons...

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Ben_S
Sybarite

My Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dark Eldar   My Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 20:40

@Enfernux wrote:
arent these the old models??

Yes, that's what I said. They're the ones from the 3rd edition 40k boxset, though my aim is for the head swaps and colour scheme to 'modernise' them a bit.

@Enfernux wrote:
But the reptilian idea is good, like it,

Thanks, but not quite sure what you mean by reptilian. I used the black with green highlights colour scheme, but I don't think there's anything reptilian about it.

@Enfernux wrote:
but i cant seam to get over the space-marine red of the weapons...

It's Screamer Pink actually. Perhaps an unusual colour for guns, but I think it makes a good contrast with the black/green.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

My Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dark Eldar   My Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2012, 21:21

These are awesome!

I have a burning love at the centre of my soul for the old DE models. The new ones are cool, but the old ones had so much anger. Their Splinter Rifles were covered with hooked blades, the Splinter Cannon looked much scarier, they liked to line absolutely everything with knives and look at the bayonet on the Splinter Cannon!
Also, the old HQ's knew Commorrite fashion. They always had huge shoulder pads and wore other people's faces. What was there not o love about that?!

Good colours on them, and I am glad to have met another fan of the old models.

I think that they would stand out more if they had a highlight of green, as well as the dybrush, but I like the use of Dark Elf heads on them.

My Dark Eldar YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dark Eldar   My Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion