THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

RJB Bladevanes & moral checks

Go down 
+3
Massaen
Darkgreen Pirate
Kesharq
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

RJB Bladevanes & moral checks Empty
PostSubject: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 09:10

I didn't find an answer in this forum or the FAQ:

If I kill more than 25% of a unit with my bladevanes - does this unit has to do a morale check? Do they run in my movement phase?

Thanks for you help!

Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 09:17

my basic rulebook isnt in front of me, but I believe any time a unit takes 25% casualties or more it must pass a morale check or immediately fall back (with the exception of assaults). So yes, even if it's in your movement phase they still test. Pretty sure it is in the basic rulebook.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 11:02

Yes - any phase you take 25% casualties you must take a morale test. DE are one of the few armies that can force moral tests in the movement phase

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 14:36

Reference would be page 44 of the BRB. 'Any phase'

Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 15:15

That's funny, the German one says on page 44 that the 25% casualties moral test only works "in the shooting phase."

Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 15:47

@SleepyPillow wrote:
That's funny, the German one says on page 44 that the 25% casualties moral test only works "in the shooting phase."

I think, I'll buy myself the english rule book for the next edition - to avoid poorly translated rules.

Thanks for your help!!

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 15:57

Odd - in the English version there's even a second paragraph specifically saying that a unit locked in combat doesn't need to take the morale check - did the German version omit that bit, or is it still in there?

Edit - though I guess that could still be considered legit if you figure exploding vehicles or scatter from templates as part of the wounding process...

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 16:00

Only true rulebook is english one.

Yes in movement phase as well. And it eases forcing another morale check in shooting phase.

And if target is already running (from tank shock for example) and you cause 25% casualties it will automatically run again at the end of the phase.
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 16:37

@Kesharq wrote:
@SleepyPillow wrote:

I think, I'll buy myself the english rule book for the next edition - to avoid poorly translated rules.

Thanks for your help!!

It got this paragraph.

I guess the only difference to the english version is, that they replaced "any" with "shooting".
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 19:18

There have been several occasions where codici have differed when not in English. Just remember that the English version is always the correct version as per GW

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RJB Bladevanes & moral checks   RJB Bladevanes & moral checks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RJB Bladevanes & moral checks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: