HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 04:17

The post title says most of it: For my Archon, I am trying to push the Space Pirate or Corsair angle of the Dark Eldar, and want a way to represent it on his model. I've decided the least insane way to do this is to give him a little pet that can sit on his bare shoulder. So, I've been scouring bit sites for something appropriate. There are some interesting bits in Warhammer Fantasy armies- pheasants, hawks, skeletal birds and such. But, if I could find a parrot, that would be the real pirate deal. Anyone know of something good, or some site I should be looking on? All help appreciated!

Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 21:25

LINK
there's a parrot on this sprue, from a 28mm pirate range.

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 22:48

Exactly what I want...at a price that I might not pay! 5 pounds for one bit is a lot. That treasure chest would look pretty sweet under his foot though, and a sheathed cutlass wouldn't be terrible. A Haemonculus might want a hook hand, or a grenade.

Thanks for the link! I'm curious how you found it- did you already know about the range, or is there a way to search for bits that works for you?

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 00:01

Buy the kit, take the parrot then place on eBay, you'd probably recoup at least £3 of it.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 02:18

I've used them before do I knew about their pirate range, didn't realize they did bits until I looked though.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2012, 05:54

I belive one of the plastic wood elf kits comes with an owl. Tho I don't think that helps with what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 03:35

After a suggestion from a friend and some searching, I think I'm going to go with this little guy:

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit Cs113

It's a charm of a good size, and for $0.70 I can get a few of them and afford to try out paint jobs, make mistakes, or distribute extras to my skimmers or other squad leaders. The website also has some cheap treasure chest charms that I want to incorporate into pain tokens, so it's a nice double find. I was also advised to attempt to proxy Razorwing Flocks from pewter hummingbird miniatures on the same site, but that might not fly at the old game club.

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 22:16

My dread captain now goes to war with his faithful pet, Avenger, a Catachan Death-Parrot!

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit Parrot10

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit Parrot11

The Catachan Death-Parrot, like many examples of Catachan fauna, appears fairly benign but harbors deadly predatory abilities. Their small size enables them to hunt as easily through an entangling jungle as a cramped fortification. When faced with prey in cover, Captain Balroga relies on Avenger to fly ahead and sow discord by harassing and maiming, letting him and his retinue easily dispatch the terrified foe.

Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 22:40

Polly want a cracker?
very nice

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit   Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Parrot or Exotic Bird Bit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: