THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover

Go down 
+2
Mr Believer
Levitas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover Empty
PostSubject: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 16:41

I don't have the rule book handy for this one.

Does a unit without offensive grenades still hit last if they charge a unit in cover that is already in combat with another of my units?

In short, charge wyches into a unit and then follow up with incubi.

On a side note its somewhat criminal they dont have grenades...

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 17:21

They don't, no - If all the assaulted units are already locked in combat, the models assaulting through cover fight at their normal initiative as the defenders aren't set to receive the charge (Black Reach rulebook, p36). I didn't know that until I checked, and am prety sure I've penalised my own troops with this mistake!

Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 22:28

Mr Believer is on the button with this one, i was checking the BBB to refresh myself on certain assault rules the other day

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 15:58

Interesting. While not a solid way to use Incubi it certainly might come in handy.

Folow up question...

So if a Wych and Incubi unit charge a unit at the same time, but I move the wyches in first, what happens?

Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 16:25

@Levitas wrote:
I don't have the rule book handy for this one.

Does a unit without offensive grenades still hit last if they charge a unit in cover that is already in combat with another of my units?

In short, charge wyches into a unit and then follow up with incubi.

On a side note its somewhat criminal they dont have grenades...

It is criminal to a point, to overcome this small disadvantages: attached a Archon with a plasma grenade launcher, maneuver their transport to enable not to run through cover, don't charge a squad in cover.
Back to top Go down
Tarbanger
Hellion
Tarbanger

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 17:58

Quote :
So if a Wych and Incubi unit charge a unit at the same time, but I move the wyches in first, what happens?

I'm assuming you're assaulting the target through cover correct? as I understand the rules the target unit will no longer be prepared to engage the threat while they are tied up with your wyches, thus allowing your Incs to retain their initiative. This is assuming your Wyches survived the round of course.
Back to top Go down
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 19:12

the question was about charging with wyches and incubis on the same turn, moving the wyches first however. interesting question and I would say the Incubi would be charging a unit already engaged in close combat, so the would retain their initiative, but this is just my opinion.

Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 23:14

@wilku wrote:
the question was about charging with wyches and incubis on the same turn, moving the wyches first however. interesting question and I would say the Incubi would be charging a unit already engaged in close combat, so the would retain their initiative, but this is just my opinion.

Right, this is what i'm trying to figure out.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
wilku

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 23:40

it sucks, but the rulebook states clearly (p.36):

If all of the enemy units assaulted were already locked in combat from a previous turn or had gone to ground, this penalty does not apply as the enemy warriors are not set to receive the charge, and the unit assaulting though cover fights at its normal Initiative.

so an assault into cover on the same turn with wyches and incubi will result in:
defender and wyches - normal Initiative order
incubis - I=1
:/

PostSubject: Re: Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover   Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubi charging into already engaged unit in cover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: