- Massaen wrote:
- I will follow thus with great interest... I am representing Australia with my dark eldar this year at the ETC!
I am representing the Romanian team this year. I wouldnt mind your personal opinnion and ideas of what the meta might be and your playstyle, maybe we might be able to learn from each other.
I find that the at 16 pts per model, helilons do not make up for the cost in gameplay or tactica.
Ok sure, they can easily contest objectives/quarters IF they remain on the table by turn five. The ability to pull an independant character or any special weapon that might annoy me out of the squad and the delicious possibility of it being obliterated or them to remain in combat on their turn and be free on mine so that i may continue the rampage does seem quite interesting, Test worthy even.
Now to SRZ BZNZ
Yesterday I tested 3 games against, Razorback spam Blood angels, Scarab swarm Necrons and Long-fang Space Wolves
The list i played was at 1850 points and it consisted of:
- 3 Haemonculi (Liquifier gun on each)
- 4 wych squads (3 with 1 shardnet and one squad with 2 hydra gauntlets, Hekatrix with agoniser and Haywire in all squads)
- 3 ravagers ( 3 DL)
- 2 squads of 4 Blasterborn in venoms (venoms equiped with splinter cannons)
All vehicles were equipped with Flickerfields, something which I am still debating on (FF or NS) also I tried something different, each raider was equipped with desintigrator cannons (which turned out to be somewhat helpefull)
Against BA Razorback spam:
- He stole the initiative
- We played Mission 5 (I think) from ETC. Table quarters as primary.
- His deployment consisted of most of his army on the left side of the table while leaving two razorbacks on the right.
- I had deployed in the little cover while still staying at the 12 inch mark, playing it safe just in case he would steal the intiative (we use very little cover to simulate as much as possible ETC. I.e 2-3 buildings, 1-3 ruins and a forest, hill or something).
First turn blew up two raiders and killing 5-6 wyches (great start for me and not for him, he could of done way more damage), I in turn destroyed two predators and and stunned a razorback, giving me some breathing space, Moved forward with everything but stayed in cover (building or moving 24).
Turn two he imobilized one of my ravagers, stunned a raider and destroyed one of my lances on another ravager. Assaulted (for some reason, I still cannot explain) both of my blasterborn squads with his librarian and a group of 5 his lady-boys. He obliterated the squads and remained in the open
My turn two, I continued to destroy what remained of his army, while assaulting the squads he left in the open and gainning MOAAR pain tokens.
His turn 3, a baal predator with flamers, came from the left side (most of my army by this time was on foot and NOT in combat), a speeder with multi meltas on the right and a group of assault marines (10) with a sanguinary priest (Entered via DS) in the middle of the map, Once again I do not know why he DS's them right next to 3 squads of wyches all with furios charge and FNP.
He destroyed half a squad of wyches with cleansing fire from the predator, Imobilized a ravager with multi meltas, missed with the assault guise.
My turn 3 he remains with only 2 razorbacks, a squad of assault marines, a flamer predator and a speeder.
- I shoot down the predator with a ravager
- assaulted one of his razorbacks which did not move with a half squad of wyches
- Went captain overkill with assault his sanguinary priest and obliterated it
- shaken and stunned the speeder
His turn 4 he concede.
I personally believe that he did make a few mistakes, This match was not won by me being a good strategist but by him failing a few things.
I prioritized the predators and popping at least 1 razorback so that I may get my Lovely wyches into the fray to accumulate pain tokens and deny him scoring units
He prioritized my ravagers and blasterborn (Seems logical since the raiders do almost nothing against his tanks IF HE HAD STAYED IN THEM).
Against Scarab farm Necrons.
Primary misson: Annihilation
I assaulted him with everything I had in the first turn (he Stole my initiative AGAIN). and obliterated anything and everyone that moved by turn 3 besides one squad which i could not reach and became a constant thorn in my side at the end of turn 5 was a MASSIVE blob of units that I could not do anything against.
This was the first time i played against this list, but it showed me that I must get to him ASAP and to allow him to create a tons of scarabs.
My opponents only mistake was giving me the charge, but with his type of list I do not see anything else he could of done besides moving forward due to the mission given.
Against Long Fang Space Wolves
Mission: Seize ground with Dawn of war.
I put my army as close to the table edge as it was possible and in one big group, He seperated his army in two equal groups, Left and central towards the right.
His first turn he sees nothing. (thankfully enough)
My first turn, move 24 with everything, towards the central-right-ish group besides two ravagers which move forward and luckily enough, see one rhino and lucky enough I pop it leaving his lady-boys out in the open.
His second turn
- obliterates my ravagers
- pops one raider and leaves the squad of wyches down to 3 models (1 shardnet, seargent and a wych)
- A squad of termies arrives but scatters too far to shoot anything.
-I move 12, take all my wyches out, aassault all his longfangs and with my 3 wyches assault the guys I left out in the open,
I stay in combat with 3 squads.
-Deal with 4 out of 5 terminators by shoving 8 str 8 ap 2 and 24 3+/4+ splinter cannon shots up their arse.
His 3rd turn.
- he pops a few more tanks
- obliterates the squad of wyches which remained in the open
- Destroys one of my venoms with his terminator.
- I exit combat with my wyches and consolidate to the other group
My 3rd turn.
After the alpha strike in turn 2 he remains with nothing almost. Just a small part of the group to the left remains.
- Kill the terminator which remained and destroy 1 rhino which marines
- Assault the marines which came out of the rhino with 1 squad of wyches and the other two squads remain in the open
His turn 4.
I won this last game by the skin of my teeth, The only thing I had left on the table was 1 squad full squad of wyches, a squad of 3 wyches, one of blasterborn and a venom. ALL on one objective. So if he had played somewhat different, he could of easily pulled a draw out of this.
In total, 3 wins. 1 by the opponents stupidity, one by the list being mainly close combat (which is somthing this wych list can easily handle) and the 3rd win was close.
Ideas? Comments? I await.