THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

dropped my Raider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2012, 13:16

Yeah, I dropped my Raider. Rolling Eyes

The flightstand broke off at the balljoint, with the ball still lodged in the socket. Ofcourse nicely glued with plastic glue. I have a few ideas to fix it. But do you guys have experience with this?

Thnx in advance for answering.

Grub
Wych
Grub

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2012, 17:55

I never stick the ball joints in, much easier when they aren't glued. I would suggest filling it down and use a drill bit slightly smaller then the rest of the stand and drill a hole just behind it then put the stand in there, should still be balanced, blu-tak also works well

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2012, 18:19

Believe what Grub said is the best solution. Also, I would advice against gluing the ball in the socket in the furture; rather just stick it there when you need it to stand up.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13 2012, 07:55

I have a display case from Tablewar, so it's magnetized with the idea it can stand up on its flightstand nicely. I used to not glue the flightstands with my old DE though. So I understand where you guys are coming from. Well it's back to the workshop with this Raider.

Thnx.

GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2012, 15:59

I think "Back to basix" on ebay has some pre-done magnetized flight stands. I had thought about getting some, but have not done so yet.

On their's, and you can easily do it yourself, they have a "box frame" that the magnet sits in so the magnet onthe bottom of your model sit flush with the top of the flight stand.

Its pretty neat looking.

dropped my Raider Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

dropped my Raider Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped my Raider   dropped my Raider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dropped my Raider
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::