THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

QQ on for the technicaly inclined.

Go down 
+2
PartridgeKing
lonewolf5d
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf5d
Hellion
lonewolf5d

QQ on for the technicaly inclined. Empty
PostSubject: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2012, 07:10

my Tau buddy was reading through my DE codex and he confused the hell out of me.
he was trying to grasp how open topped worked; and as usual,we hit an impasse in opinion.
just need clarification since apparently we need a third or thirtieth opinion.

i understand that troops are allowed to shoot from open top.
Q- From where should one measure on a raider?

also
since most vehicles are fast, let alone hauling ass on enhanced eathersails,
he brought about the point of using the aethersails on a smaller move so as to still be able to disembark.
im still thinking the rule is something that any troop that tries that get auto-killed. even if the original movement
puts said tactic under the kill range( of the move).
- then he started ranting about using the full fast move and aethersails to disembark and Webway portal
first turn. now this seemed farfetched, but im sure some1 else has ground out the y/nots.
any thought appreciated.

lesson learned, dont let the guy u normally sharpen your claws on, read the your codex....: check

let me make myself perfectly clear. if i ever kill you; you are gonna be awake, you are gonna be armed, you are gonna be facing me; only Then u will realize i poisoned the grip of your weapon. Subtlety is not deception.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2012, 10:28

Your first question is nice and easy to answer, so I shall do.
Open-topped vehicles you measure range and line of sight from any point on the hull of the open-topped vehicle (Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, pg 70, Subheading 'Open-Topped Transports').

As for your second question, part of it I think I'm getting loud and clear, but then I'm getting lost me thinks. So again starting with the bit thats nice and clear.
Enhanced Aethersails allow a vehicle model equipped with them to move an additional 2d6 inches, but if a vehicle does so, then any passengers inside may not disembark this turn, and both the vehicle and the passengers may not shoot in that turns shooting phase (Dark Eldar Codex, 5th edition, Warhammer 40,000, pg 63, Subheading 'Enhanced Aethersails').

I think that puts paid to the rest of the confusion, but if there's any more I'm sure we can clear it up.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2012, 17:29

^^^
That's pretty much all brilliance and I endorse it.

The core part about Aethersails is remembering that they prevent disembarkation and shooting of any kind. Their sole purpose is to allow you to move really far in one turn.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 14:42

It has been covered fully, but I would also like to add that remember to shoot out of a vehicle, you can only move up to 6in, that being said even if aethersails said you could shoot, going over that 6" movement would mean you couldnt shoot anyway.

Also I would like to point out he is kinda correct about the WWP thing, but without the aethersails. You can still move 12" and jump out to deploy the WWP, meaning you can still cover alot of ground T1 to open the portal.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 17:33

@Shadows Revenge wrote:
Also I would like to point out he is kinda correct about the WWP thing, but without the aethersails. You can still move 12" and jump out to deploy the WWP, meaning you can still cover alot of ground T1 to open the portal.
Yeah, though the friend is out of his gourd thinking you can disembark after moving flat out. Only the fastest of armies specialized in raiding can do that.
What does he think we are, Space Marines? Wink

Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2012, 15:14

It states in the description of the Enhanced Aethersails, that models in the vehicle cannot shoot or deploy from it during the turn in which they are used.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07 2012, 13:06

Yeah, though the friend is out of his gourd thinking you can disembark after moving flat out. Only the fastest of armies specialized in raiding can do that.
What does he think we are, Space Marines? Wink[/quote]

Corr blimey , rub that salt in mate, stings from here , I have more, gk get reserves manipulation too Crying or Very sad

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07 2012, 14:46

@Thor665 wrote:
What does he think we are, Space Marines? Wink

look, idk about you, but that to me shows we have more sense than those space marines. I mean what, in game turns moving flat out is going jet like speed. If space marines what to go all whilly nilly and jump out going just under mach 1, then by all means let them. I wouldnt want to see my warriors go splat all over the ground anyway Razz (or do I???)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QQ on for the technicaly inclined.   QQ on for the technicaly inclined. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QQ on for the technicaly inclined.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: