THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to get next?

Go down 
+4
Kieran Venoxis
Sky Serpent
Local_Ork
HarveyScourgeman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HarveyScourgeman
Slave
HarveyScourgeman

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 22:40

Hey guys, woah, haven't been to old Commoragh in the longest time!

Alright, so here's what I got.

1 Archon
1 Urien that I usually proxy as a regular Haemonculus
20 Wyches
20 Warriors
4 Incubi
3 Raiders
1 Venom

Really want to buy a patented assault Train, not too sure though. Mostly enjoy running balanced cardboard raider spam lists.

What're some good buys, guys?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 22:48

You may consider getting 2 Ravagers. Not only excellent HS but also You can use it as Raider, without side guns.

Some additional Warriors (Trueborn) in Venoms may be good too.

If You want include FA, Bikes would be good choice for that.

HarveyScourgeman
Slave
HarveyScourgeman

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 22:54

Hey thanks, man!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current Ravager model is just a raider with guns where the boarding planks are put on the Raider, yes? Would it be cheaper just to buy a Raider, then the Dark Lances from a bitz supplier?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 23:24

Local_Ork wrote:
You may consider getting 3 Ravagers.

Fixed that. Wink

Or maybe a Razorwing, it's a nice model that can create a real centrepiece and the rules aren't too shabby either.

I'd advise against making your own Ravager. There's a lot more than just two dark lances to add.

More Venoms could be good too, have you made an army list or two? Once that's done you could proxy some models in a game before splashing out on things you may not actually use.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Kieran Venoxis
Slave
Kieran Venoxis

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 00:43

To be honest with all the great models we've gotten recently I think you could buy almost anything and be very happy. Maybe try a unit of Wracks in a venom or some Scourges?

Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 14:22

Ravagers, for being a great unit, and yeah you can convert buy weigh up the costs as bit sites can get you with shipping costs. Try ebay. As Sky says there is more to them than you think.

For looks and simply being a beautiful model i second the Razorwing. Its an impressive kit and a joy to put together.

On the table i'm also a fan of Reavers, both for what they can do and the models. Scourges too are pretty models, but have to be well knitted into a list as they can be a problem child.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 14:28

Ravagers... and 3 of them

After you do that, maybe start looking into your FA of choice. Also our elites provide some good options outside of the usual blasterborn, and are worth a consideration as well.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 15:19

Ok, let it be 3 Ravagers Razz

Actually... what would You think about conversion from Raider? I don't think making two balconies on side, then putting 2 Lance Warriors on them would be that hard... Or even using Raider "board hangers" with Lances?

HarveyScourgeman
Slave
HarveyScourgeman

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 15:49

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I haven't actually been able to see a Ravager in person. been away from the hobby for a while, but from pictures/videos, Ravagers just look like a Raider with extra Dark Lances. Would be simple to convert/buy extra Dark Lances off a friend.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 18:23

Well if your running a Haemonculus, you could also consider a Talos. As far as Heavy Support you could go for the trifecta: Ravager, Razorwing, and Talos. Some Wracks can also be useful, and with a Haemonculus, they count as troops as well. A small squad sitting on an objective with a Hex Rifle or Liquifier can be very difficult to shift.
Back to top Go down
Aztec
Slave
Aztec

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 14:51

You can convert the DL's but I prefer the shield in front of the DL on the DL's on either side of the ravager and isn't "too" much more than regular raider for what you get.
I'd also possibly consider converting up some trueborn with blasters. That and the Ravagers will give you the solid anti-tank you'll need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What to get next? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to get next?   What to get next? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to get next?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-