THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

FW Basilisk as Talos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

FW Basilisk as Talos Empty
PostSubject: FW Basilisk as Talos   FW Basilisk as Talos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 01:04

I've been looking at ways of including a Talos in my army before, ones that would be more themed and not just a random pain engine amongst the Kabalites and Wyches. I planned a magnificent beast, the Duke's new pet on parade.

I was looking at ways of converting a Cockatrice but I'm wondering if the Basilisk will work.

My main issues are:

Is it too big? I plan on playing with it in competitive enviroments, would it block too much LOS compared to the factory Talos?

Would it fit on a 60mm? I like to be consistent with base sizes, would there be a way of putting it on such a base?

Basilisk link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/BASILISK.html

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FW Basilisk as Talos   FW Basilisk as Talos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 01:14

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to fit on a 60mm. It's shown on a chariot base, and it takes up most of it.

You may be able to shave off the back portion of the stones it's standing on, and maybe, POSSIBLY, cut the front portion and reposition the front appendage. It'll hang over the 60mm base, but hey, genestealers are always hanging over their bases.

The factory talos is floating, but it's still big, and i think it's bulkier when looking from the front or back. I wouldn't worry about it. But, you could also shave down the rock base to make the whole model shorter.

Then all you have to do is make it look like a suitable Dark Eldar beasty.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FW Basilisk as Talos   FW Basilisk as Talos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 10:45

I reckon if you cut down the legth of the wall its standing on you should get it on a 60mm...

it would look more comfortable on a flyer base though...

I might by one for apocalypse games... a suitable set of monster rules and bam!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FW Basilisk as Talos   FW Basilisk as Talos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FW Basilisk as Talos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-