HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? Empty
PostSubject: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 19:07

After buying my army all at once 3 months ago I finally have it all together for the most part. However I dont really care for the extra models that are supposed to hang on the transports and ravagers. I was kinda looking for ideas for what to do with em...proxies for harlequins maybe? Any and all ideas are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 20:04

Warriors can be used for Scourges and Incubi.

Wyches... Yes, they would fit Clowns. Maybe Hellions, provided You have Baron Whathisface.
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2012, 01:19

Humm scourges? Just buy the wings separately I guess ?
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 02:25

I find that the poses are such that they don't look quite right when portrayed as flying or leaping. Since they're supposed to be hanging, the center of gravity is wrong and they just look off.

So I've chopped them up and used their limbs and heads to provide some variety to other units or to make Trueborn. Their "hanging on" hands are nice to put other weapons or grenades in. Maybe also to hold a skull or other trophy of battle.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 03:36

Because the pose tends to be a little weird for standard basing. I used built up rocks so they look like they are stepping on or over a large rock.

There are a lot of rocks on my bases, LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 03:47

@jb7090 wrote:
Humm scourges? Just buy the wings separately I guess ?

Yes.
Or sculpt, not hard at all.

I can give link to tutorial (... mine Smile) but it's in Polish :/
And frankly not so good, tho result looks kinda nice if You skip armor plates.

http://www.cytadela.pl/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=1276

I think I'll make new one some time soon. Most likely feathered ones...
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 05:04

Good tutorial, Local_Ork. The membranes between the bones turned out cool. Google translates it to english well. Few words were little odd, but no worse then regional differences between English speaking countries local variations. Many where I'm from won't watch British tv, they say they can't understand it. They don't know what they're missing.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 05:16

After messing up my last Archon I needed to replace him with what bits I had laying around so I used a hanging body, reaver helm, power sword, shard net cape and blast pistol all mounted on a flying base to make his less than awesome posture make sence... did I mention he is wearing a retrofire jet on his back Wink

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 06:20

I made a female archon out of one of the raider hanger figs. The one that had seperate legs, posed like she was leaping past a enemy, while twisting to swing husk blade at them. Used some leftover kabilite/wych parts also.

The flying archon sounds cool, Marquis Vaulkhere. To bad there are no flying options for Archons anymore, I use to use jetbike/skyboard archons.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2012, 06:45

Do you guys have pics of those conversions? The few I've seen might have just been poorly done. I'd like to see your efforts. I'll be glad if I was wrong cause then I'd have more uses for them. ^_^

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
yukisaiko
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 21:54

My friend who is also doing DE gave me a bunch of those parts since I'm going for a Wych heavy theme, and the Infinity style scenic bases I'm using make for good foundations for the couple I did. I should be able to post pics later, since my completed stuff is at my other friend's house where we all do our modeling.
Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion
macknight

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03 2013, 05:25

I'm in the middle of assembling my DE army atm, I use a couple of the venom hanging bodies as extra wyches or warriors as their feet is more leveled. I then replace the space left on venoms with hanging bodies from the raiders.

For venoms: total of 3 crew(pilot/gunner/guy hanging-raider guy hanging on hook is an easy fit.
For ravagers and raiders: total of 4 crew(captain/gunner/2 hanging guy)

I also found a easy way to make the raider a ravager, I simply used the leftover dark lances from the warriors and put it on a hanging body on the raider=ravager.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 00:49

LOCKING THIS THREAD for Threadomancy!

Last post was 2012, this thread has probably served its purpose.

@macknight, I appreciate and want to motivate you to continue sharing your experience with your army and progress. And I recommend you open up a Project Log, or simply create a new thread similar to this one. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?   Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uses for the extra bodies that come with the venom, raider and ravager?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: