THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing conversions ideas

Go down 
+2
Saintspirit
Radium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

Razorwing conversions ideas Empty
PostSubject: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 15:39

I've been meaning to get a beastmaster unit together for a while now, but some quick calculations told me getting 6 razorwing bases from GW is not really a financially sound option. This got me thinking what kind of models I could use as stand ins for the razorwing flock. I want to stick to GW models because of tournaments, but other than that I'm open to any and all suggestions.
I was thinking of maybe using the FW flying rippers (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tyranids/TYRANID-RIPPERS-WITH-WINGS.html) and de-tyranidify them.
Some models in the Warmaster range might work as well, although I don't really like the look of those.

Ideas? Suggestions?

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 16:03

Rippers might work, however I wonder why they need to be de-tyranified. I can imagine how some beastmaster can think those odd small bastards will make a great entertainment on the arena.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 16:21

@Saintspirit wrote:
Rhowever I wonder why they need to be de-tyranified.

Mostly because I don't like the look of Tyranids Razz.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 16:29

Ah! Good reason indeed. I suppose winged rippers would work, what if you made gs feathers on them? I did that on a group of tzeentchian bestigors long ago...
Otherwise I can imagine that many of the WHFB swarm figures or the like can look interesting as razorwings if you put tiny wings on them. Snakes, lizards, rats... Nurglings... Well, maybe not Laughing

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 17:02

How about Necron Scarabs? Attach curved blades to them, paint it not-like-Necron and you should be fine.

Or sculpt them yourself, it's actually easy.

xerxeshavelock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 19:15

I saw someone using the leaves from the GW trees. It wasn't that amazingly done, but as a concept it was excellent. I may have a go myself.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 23:06

This literally came into my head, might actually do it myself.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490082a&prodId=prod1130116

Undead Carrion from Warmaster. £8.70 = 3 stands, 12 birds.

If you're going for 5 birds a base then £19.40........

Ooooops, it's only 4 birds a blister. Just an alternative then.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 23:24

Here are mine

Razorwing conversions ideas 006-2

Just a balls of greenstuff various kabalite bayonettes and a scale hexnuts for the eye. Inspired by phantasm and the green goblin.

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing conversions ideas   Razorwing conversions ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing conversions ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: