THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

why aren't razorwings flyer's?

Go down 
+4
abjectus
Evil Space Elves
POwell0
Yadahr of the Stolen Star
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellion

why aren't razorwings flyer's? Empty
PostSubject: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 23:48

the topic says it all; why aren't razorwings and voidravens flyers?

Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 00:02

I would assume it is because the Flyers rule is more of an Apocalypse add on (much like Super-Heavies) rather than a rule for the core book. Plus giving them flyers would make them possibly the most broken unit ever to appear in 40k. Hopefully they will get it with 6th Ed but the Marines will just get some wargear that will ignore flyers!!!!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 00:03

Wild guess-the main rulebook doesn't cover flyers=they are really big skimmers that look like they can fly lol!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 00:58

thanks for the help.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 01:37

I don't get wrapped up in 6th edition rumor conversations(I'll worry about it when it gets here!), but I'm sure that they will do something with them. Adding them mid-edition really limited them to being skimmers with REALLY big bases.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 08:27

I wonder why they are not flyers in apoc, the Valkyrie and Stormraven were made flyers in a white dwarf (don't have the stormraven one, but have seen it referenced on forums) The wd that gave us the razorwing apoc formation made made no mention of them being flyers.
Back to top Go down
bymis
Hellion
bymis

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 12:19

Which WD had the Apoc formations in it?

Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 15:43

@abjectus wrote:
I wonder why they are not flyers in apoc, the Valkyrie and Stormraven were made flyers in a white dwarf (don't have the stormraven one, but have seen it referenced on forums) The wd that gave us the razorwing apoc formation made made no mention of them being flyers.

Because the Valkyrie originally was a Flyer, using Forge World rules. They then decided that the IG really needed a skimmer for some reason, or were really desperate to include the Valkyrie, so they used the only rules that could fit, rather than give the IG the only actual Flyer allowed in normal 40k games with a page of "unique" special rules.

I have no doubt that we'll probably see the Flyer rule introduced in the next edition, complete with FAQs for every codex stating that their Skimmer-plane is actually supposed to be a Flyer. We'll get our flying Razorwings and Voidravens, rather than the ground-hugging pseudo-helicopters we have now.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 16:33

well I would say it makes sense sort of when you put into context the battle size of your standard 40k even at 2k we are barely above a small wing of a full force. In such a short battle area, Im sure the valkyrie and vendetta would act as a version of the us offspray loaders. Jets when need be (well... a slow plane, but the same none the less) and a helicopter when it needs to be. So its fine for me that the storm raven and IG gunships are skimmers.

As for the razorwing and void raven. i guess it could be said just how great DE pilots are that they are able to turn on a dime. That being said I am definately looking too far into it, but atleast it makes some sense Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 17:59

Considering how most (in fact all, since IG=humanity and SM=humanity) armies use some sort of antigrav vehicles, I guess they can build antigravs with wings, so they can fly FASTER than normal chopper-like things if they want.

Planes that can act both as fighters and helicopters are pretty cool idea in my opinion.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 18:02

[/quote]Because the Valkyrie originally was a Flyer, using Forge World rules. They then decided that the IG really needed a skimmer for some reason, or were really desperate to include the Valkyrie, so they used the only rules that could fit, rather than give the IG the only actual Flyer allowed in normal 40k games with a page of "unique" special rules.

I have no doubt that we'll probably see the Flyer rule introduced in the next edition, complete with FAQs for every codex stating that their Skimmer-plane is actually supposed to be a Flyer. We'll get our flying Razorwings and Voidravens, rather than the ground-hugging pseudo-helicopters we have now.[/quote]

i really hope they do that. it makes way more sense.

PostSubject: Re: why aren't razorwings flyer's?   why aren't razorwings flyer's? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why aren't razorwings flyer's?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: