THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 New balance dataslate and new point values.

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Wrack_Enthusiast
Thor665
fisheyes
krayd
Squidmaster
Dalamar
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd


Posts : 1258
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 19:07

Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
SarisKhan wrote:
Hey, we actually did get the FAQ at last: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/U1er9Wf5XzW3eMOl.pdf

We can now take an Arks of Omen detachment and an allied patrol detachment with working Obsessions as long as one is designated Kabal / Cult / Coven and the other something else. I expected something different, but this seems all right to me.

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such.

To be honest, that one kind of annoys me too, from a fluff perspective. They need to make Haems worth taking and also give Drazhar a rule similar to the Corsairs where he can't be taken as the compulsory HQ slot.

I'd be pretty happy if they, at the very least, gave core back to the Talos.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1867
Join date : 2018-04-02

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 19:22

krayd wrote:

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such.

Then perhaps they should make Haemonculi worth taking?
Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol


Posts : 44
Join date : 2022-05-03

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2023, 00:34

Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such.

Then perhaps they should make Haemonculi worth taking?

To be fair, if they made haemonculi better, coteries would probably break the game
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes


Posts : 2147
Join date : 2016-02-18

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2023, 14:02

If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

Time will tell how all this mess shakes out (Space Marine Plasma Inceptor point increase REALLY helps us), but I am favourable.

And lets not forget: This is the most balanced 40k has ever been. By FAR. Even comparing to the begining of 9th edition, never mind looking at past editions. Look at all the different factions topping the LVO right now (even if our resident Master Archon Skari did get knocked out early).

Fun times ahead for us knife-ears
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1867
Join date : 2018-04-02

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2023, 16:24

fisheyes wrote:
If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

I hesitate with using a Wych Cult as the main AoO purely because they give no bonuses whatsoever to transports, whereas, say, OR Kabal would all your Dark Lances rerolls to wound.

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol


Posts : 44
Join date : 2022-05-03

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2023, 19:12

Soulless Samurai wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

I hesitate with using a Wych Cult as the main AoO purely because they give no bonuses whatsoever to transports, whereas, say, OR Kabal would all your Dark Lances rerolls to wound.

Ya, but with our transports, you can run them in the main detachment and use the special “run as kabal”
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1867
Join date : 2018-04-02

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2023, 19:41

Niurvindol wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

I hesitate with using a Wych Cult as the main AoO purely because they give no bonuses whatsoever to transports, whereas, say, OR Kabal would all your Dark Lances rerolls to wound.

Ya, but with our transports, you can run them in the main detachment and use the special “run as kabal”

And they still get no Kabal bonus because the main detachment is a Wych Cult one.

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd


Posts : 1258
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2023, 13:51

fisheyes wrote:

And lets not forget: This is the most balanced 40k has ever been. By FAR. Even comparing to the begining of 9th edition, never mind looking at past editions. Look at all the different factions topping the LVO right now (even if our resident Master Archon Skari did get knocked out early).

Fun times ahead for us knife-ears

As I understand, LVO used pre-balance dataslate rules and point values, due to timing. However, in theory, the upcoming meta should be more balanced. That is, if they didn't go a bit too far in handing out free marine wargear, and some other possible missteps in the new update.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd


Posts : 1258
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2023, 13:55

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Niurvindol wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

I hesitate with using a Wych Cult as the main AoO purely because they give no bonuses whatsoever to transports, whereas, say, OR Kabal would all your Dark Lances rerolls to wound.

Ya, but with our transports, you can run them in the main detachment and use the special “run as kabal”

And they still get no Kabal bonus because the main detachment is a Wych Cult one.

Or you just take a transport for a unit that you're not planning to put in the transport (e.g. mandrakes), and put wyches in it instead. The rules state that you have to have units in transports, but, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't state that you have to put a specific unit from that detachment inside them.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1867
Join date : 2018-04-02

New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2023, 22:48

krayd wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Niurvindol wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
If I were still building DE, I would go with a Wych Cult as the main AoO detatchment, then a DT Coven patrol to support.

Make use of all those FA slots we can now take by maxing out Hellions, plus a few minimum Reaver squads to score that sweet Behind Enemy Lines (which appears to be mandatory). Plus we can still access nearly the same amount of Elite slots for Incubi/Mandrakes.

I hesitate with using a Wych Cult as the main AoO purely because they give no bonuses whatsoever to transports, whereas, say, OR Kabal would all your Dark Lances rerolls to wound.

Ya, but with our transports, you can run them in the main detachment and use the special “run as kabal”

And they still get no Kabal bonus because the main detachment is a Wych Cult one.

Or you just take a transport for a unit that you're not planning to put in the transport (e.g. mandrakes), and put wyches in it instead. The rules state that you have to have units in transports, but, unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't state that you have to put a specific unit from that detachment inside them.

That's true, though in that case you do need enough surplus units in your secondary detachment to fill out your main one.

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
New balance dataslate and new point values.
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» ynnari point values.
» Does a Ynnari army get to use the new point values from the Craftworld codex?
» Using the Cypher dataslate
» Feb Balance Dataslate = Coven nerfs
» DE Model and Ranged Weapon Points Values!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: