THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Community made codex - Syren HQ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Community made codex - Syren HQ Empty
PostSubject: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 16:35

For the strength i was thinking not so much of a buff hq but a kind of utility one,

BS 2+, WS 2+, Str 3, T3, A4 W3 Ld 9

Ability: A worthy challenge - during the command phase you may select an enemy unit within 18" of this model, that unit has been deemed a worthy challenge, <CULT> <CORE> units that declare a charge against this unit roll 3 d6 and select the highest result.

Aura: Crowd favorites - <CULT> units within 6" of this model reroll wound rolls

And give it the same weapon selection as the succubus
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 15:38

Spoiler:

I think my concern here is that this model might be a little too similar to the Succubus, to the point where only one is liable to see play. The Syren isn't even much worse in combat - having fewer attacks but rerolling all failed to-wound rolls, thanks to her aura.

My instinct would be to drop her reroll aura and make her more of a Demi-HQ (maybe even an Elite choice?). Could also knock her BS down to 3+, just to hint as her not being quite as exceptional as the Succubus.

I'm thinking something like this:

Syren
BS 3+, WS 2+, Str 3, T3, A4 W3 Ld 9

Wargear: Agoniser and Splinter Pistol.
Can exchange the Agoniser for a Power Sword.
Can exchange the Pistol for a Blast Pistol.
Can exchange both for any of the Wych Weapons.

PfP, Combat Drugs

Swift Dodge: This model has a 5+ invulnerable save.

A worthy challenge: During the command phase you may select an enemy unit within 18" of this model, that unit has been deemed a worthy challenge. Until the end of your turn, if a <CULT> or <BEAST> unit declares a charge against that unit - and only that unit - they roll 3d6 for their charge roll and discard the lowest dice. The unit may not declare Overwatch against them. In addition, if a <CULT> or <BEAST> unit successfully charges the chosen unit, enemy units within 6" of them may not use Heroic Intervention.

I expanded the ability a little, allowing it to affect all Cult and Beast units. I also made it block Overwatch and Heroic Intervention (trying to give it more of an even-challenge feel - so no guns and no characters piling in). In return, in order to benefit from the ability, DE units can't use it to multi-charge. Of course, they can still play dirty by charging more than one unit into the enemy. Wink

Otherwise, she's a slightly weaker Succubus with a 5++ instead of a 4++ and no glaive (the latter is mostly just a thematic change, again just trying to position the Syren between a Hekatrix and a Succubus).

Anyway, that's pretty much all I've got. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. Smile

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 16:46

I like that idea, I wasn't big in the wych cults until this edition so I don't have a good feel of them but I think this is a great way to differentiate the syren from a succubus ... the next challenge is to figure out how to update named hq and create one for kabal
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 16:51

Well, if you want to bring back any of the old ones, I can offer suggestions for their rules:

Duke Sliscus <Kabal>
WS2+ BS2+ S3 T3 W4 A4 Ld9 Sv4+

The Serpent’s Blades: Melee S: User AP-2 D2 Poison 2+ A wound roll of 5+ is resolved at AP-6 The user makes one additional attack with this weapon.
Blast Pistol

PfP, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Ghostplate Armour

The Serpent’s Venom: Before deployment, choose one unit of Kabalites or Trueborn. That unit’s Poison Weapons get +1 to wound.

Low-Orbit Raid: If your army includes Duke Sliscus, you may use the Screaming Jets stratagem one additional time. The first use costs 0CP.

Contraband: If Duke Sliscus is your warlord, each non-vehicle <Kabal> character in your army gains the Combat Drugs ability. In addition, all CULT models in your army may choose one additional Combat Drug or roll one additional time on the Combat Drugs table.

Raid Master: If Duke Sliscus is your Warlord, he is treated as a Master Archon for the purposes of including Trueborn. In this case, your army cannot include another Master Archon from the same <Kabal>.

Lady Malys (Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue)
WS2+ BS2+ S3 T3 W5 A5 Ld9 Sv4+

The Lady’s Blade: Melee S+1 AP-3 D1 Before making her attacks, Lady Malys may activate the full power of the blade. In this case, she makes two additional attacks and her blade gets +1 to wound rolls and damage rolls. However, if two or more of her attack rolls are natural 1s, this ability cannot be used again for the remainder of the game.

Steel Fan: Melee attacks against Lady Malys suffer -1 to wound rolls.

Foresight: Lady Malys has a 4+ invulnerable save. In addition, hit rolls against Lady Malys cannot be rerolled.

The Crystal Heart: Lady Malys and DRUKHARI INFANTRY units with a model within 3” of her cannot be targeted by psychic powers, nor affected by psychic powers in any way.

Precognisant: Once per phase, Lady Malys may treat a single attack roll, wound roll, or saving throw as having rolled a 6. This decision may be made after rolling the dice.

Raid Mistress: If Lady Malys is your Warlord, she is treated as a Master Archon for the purposes of including Trueborn. In this case, your army cannot include another Master Archon from the Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue.

Insofar as possible, I tried to keep them consistent with their old rules. W4 on the Duke isn't a misprint (he was only W2 in 5th). The Duke is a little weird in that he buffs Cult units. I was thinking of letting him hand out drugs to <Kabal> units, but then that would have resulted in every Kabalite unit having BS2+. Razz

With Lady Malys, I changed precognisant (as the old rules were basically the same as the current PT stratagem) and also tried to update her blade a bit. Otherwise, mostly just tweaks to try and bring her in line with current rules.

No idea about costs at this point. Would have to look at the finalised Archon.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 18:18

I still have my 5th ed codex .... I should take a look through there and think about how to update other named characters as well but I do like how those two look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community made codex - Syren HQ   Community made codex - Syren HQ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community made codex - Syren HQ
Page 1 of 1