THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Cursed blade and other cults

Go down 
+3
fisheyes
Kalmah
Backslide
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Backslide
Hellion
Backslide


Posts : 29
Join date : 2021-10-31

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 04:05

I have been loving cursed blade every since the codex hit, the amusing warlord trait S5 with lotus on your basic girlies!

ok the strat is limited utility, and the relic is hard to build around but the units are great

even the raiders at S8 with chainsnairs and the chance to smack in the odd mortal wound is fun

I used a combo of cursed blade and darkmirth karblites, in a fluffy game vs my mates necrons.. so if he moved he might take mortals and if he tried to hit me back he would take mortals


the other one I have used is test of skill + precise killers, the blood brides esp just rip though T7 vehicals with lotus

I have been meaning to try Berserk Fugue with all the 1ksons popping up, and the succubus with the whip and precise blows will be a blender...

anyone got fun experiences with custom cults?
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah


Posts : 690
Join date : 2020-08-21
Location : Montréal

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 13:13

my favourite custom is definitely the Test of SKill + Precise Killer
especially in Cult only list as you are missing some anti-vehicle options without the help of the Kabal and their load of Dark Lance (luckily Raiders can have Dark LAnce but lot of time they are not enough).

I want to try someday the Agile Hunter for the +3M when using Hypex drug with Reavers (and the +1HR against flyer can help in some situations)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes


Posts : 2121
Join date : 2016-02-18

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 13:54

Haha, my experience with Cursed Blade was as an opponent.

Big brawl in the centre of the table, charged a unit of 5 Reavers into 3 surviving Cursed Blade wyches. Easily killed the squad, but they managed to make a bunch of 6s in their saves, and ended up with only 1 Reaver left standing.

Let me tell you, I was surprised XD

Backslide likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei


Posts : 32
Join date : 2021-11-15

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 10:17

Hi I'm a returning player looking for advice.

In 9th and with the recent nerfs are there any preferred ways to run your cursed blade?

What do you think would be the best load out for a Succubus?...Can you use a Tryptic Whip with a Razor flail and is it any good?

If running a raid, which Kabal or Coven blend for you?...I'm considering Poison Tongue with Cursed Blade and Dark Technomancers.

I don't want to used Raiders,Ravagers or Jets(if I can get away with it?).I'm looking to run sqads in Venom backed by basic Wracks supported by Talos/Cronos.Plus Reaver and Hellion Swarms,Incubi and Mandrakes....any advice welcome.🙂
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei


Posts : 32
Join date : 2021-11-15

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 12:30

Kalmah wrote:
my favourite custom is definitely the Test of SKill + Precise Killer
especially in Cult only list as you are missing some anti-vehicle options without the help of the Kabal and their load of Dark Lance (luckily Raiders can have Dark LAnce but lot of time they are not enough).

I want to try someday the Agile Hunter for the +3M when using Hypex drug with Reavers (and the +1HR against flyer can help in some situations)


Does this mean that a Succubus can use a Tryptic Whip with Razorflail with the skills?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac


Posts : 743
Join date : 2017-06-03

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 13:56

Jebei wrote:
Kalmah wrote:
my favourite custom is definitely the Test of SKill + Precise Killer
especially in Cult only list as you are missing some anti-vehicle options without the help of the Kabal and their load of Dark Lance (luckily Raiders can have Dark LAnce but lot of time they are not enough).

I want to try someday the Agile Hunter for the +3M when using Hypex drug with Reavers (and the +1HR against flyer can help in some situations)


Does this mean that a Succubus can use a Tryptic Whip with  Razorflail with the skills?

No, you may not. The Triptych Whip replaces an agonizer. Razorflails replace both the glaive and the agonizer so there is no weapon to then be upgraded to the relic agoniser.
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei


Posts : 32
Join date : 2021-11-15

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 18:04

What would be the best load out for a Curse Blade Succubus?
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou


Posts : 59
Join date : 2021-04-26
Location : Clermont-Ferrand, France

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 18:51

Jebei wrote:
What would be the best load out for a Curse Blade Succubus?

Well, the "best" loadout is probably tryptic whip + precision blows. Kinda boring and no synergy but it's just that good.

Cursed blade can also go with dancer's edge + quicksilver fighter (or whirling death, but that's more situational). You need to upgrade her to a master for that though, but the bonus from the upgrade is really good so that's ok.
Won't be quite as good as the above build (one less attack, wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ most of the time, ignoring invul on 6 to wound rather than to hit) but it does have synergy with her obsession (brings her to S6, S7 with drug, S8 with drug and 2CP) AND allows her to threaten light vehicles, which the tryptic succ can't do very well, so it's not STRICTLY worse.

you could also go with the relic and trait from cursed blade and make a riposte/suicide bomber succubus. The recent point changes don't help justifying these kind of builds though, but it does sound fun, and it is a good source of MW if you're facing a lot of invuls (terminator lists and so on)
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei


Posts : 32
Join date : 2021-11-15

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 19:38

Patayou wrote:
Jebei wrote:
What would be the best load out for a Curse Blade Succubus?

Well, the "best" loadout is probably tryptic whip + precision blows. Kinda boring and no synergy but it's just that good.

Cursed blade can also go with dancer's edge + quicksilver fighter (or whirling death, but that's more situational). You need to upgrade her to a master for that though, but the bonus from the upgrade is really good so that's ok.
Won't be quite as good as the above build (one less attack, wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ most of the time, ignoring invul on 6 to wound rather than to hit) but it does have synergy with her obsession (brings her to S6, S7 with drug, S8 with drug and 2CP) AND allows her to threaten light vehicles, which the tryptic succ can't do very well, so it's not STRICTLY worse.

you could also go with the relic and trait from cursed blade and make a riposte/suicide bomber succubus. The recent point changes don't help justifying these kind of builds though, but it does sound fun, and it is a good source of MW if you're facing a lot of invuls (terminator lists and so on)

So the tryptic Whip plus a glaive offer the best option here?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1846
Join date : 2018-04-02

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 19:58

[My attempt at advice and clarification were apparently too close to what another user had posted, so could an admin kindly delete this post.]

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.


Last edited by Soulless Samurai on Mon Dec 06 2021, 20:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou


Posts : 59
Join date : 2021-04-26
Location : Clermont-Ferrand, France

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 20:05

There's some weird echo in this room
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1846
Join date : 2018-04-02

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 20:37

Well, in part I was just trying to clarify as I wasn't sure whether they were talking about taking Triptych together with the artefact glaive or just with the regular glaive that you have to take to get the agoniser. tongue

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou


Posts : 59
Join date : 2021-04-26
Location : Clermont-Ferrand, France

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 21:16

You can leave your post, don't delete it, I was just trying to be funny, should have added an emoticon. Sorry, didn't mean to pass as angry :p

Glad to see we agree at least
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1846
Join date : 2018-04-02

Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06 2021, 23:01

Patayou wrote:
You can leave your post, don't delete it

A bit late for that, I'm afraid.

TheDarkCity doesn't appear to have an un-delete button. Razz


Patayou wrote:
I was just trying to be funny, should have added an emoticon. Sorry, didn't mean to pass as angry :p

It's fine. Sorry for misreading the tone of your post. xD

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Cursed blade and other cults Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cursed blade and other cults   Cursed blade and other cults I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Cursed blade and other cults
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wych Cults of Commorragh: The Cursed Blade
» Hellions in Cursed Blade
» Cult of the Cursed Blade Wyches
» 2000 - Drukhari - Cursed Blade+Flayed Skull
» Venom Blade, Djinn blade or Agonsier for my Archon?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: