THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 22:01

Greetings fellow inhabitants of the Dark City!

Really looking forward to working on this project, it has been in my "to do" list of hobby things to do for a long time.

Premise of the project is creating a Dark Eldar army with lots of Eldar bits. I love the color scheme for the Il-Kaithe Craftworld, and my favorite color is green so that helps too.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Il-kai10
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Il-kai11

Wave Serpents, Falcons, and other Eldar tanks will be used as counts-as for Raiders and Reavers, with a healthy helping of skulls and spikes to "drukhari" them up a bit. I also want to include plenty of Kabalites, Wyches, and Reaver Jetbikes in the army too.

Credit for much of the inspiration for some of these ideas goes to this reddit post, along with many other beautiful images I have found on the internet of amazing Dark Eldar armies, including this forum (reason I joined!!!).

List of what I have on the painting table so far:

• Succubus
  • Fuegan- to be converted as an Archon
  • 20x Kalabite Warriors
  • 20x Wyches
  • 2x Venom transports
  • 2x Wave Serpents- to become Raiders
  • Fire Prism- to become a Ravager
  • 7x Reaver jetbikes

The list will include more reavers in the future, and definitely at least one flyer. Possibly some wracks and a hamonculus too if I can come up with a conversion I like.
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 22:05

First up on the painting table are my test Kalabites and one of the wave-serpents.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden38
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden40
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden39

I also have the Succubus and the reavers primed and ready to be painted.

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden41

Here is my early progress on the future Raider and one of the test minis (who for now will be my forum avatar as well):

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden43
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden42

Hope you like the direction this is heading!
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 17:00

Current progress, basecoats are done for the tank and the infantry:

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden44
Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders Warden45

Next up will be highlights and fixing the light green on the hovercraft that went on way too thick.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Sybarite
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 17:20

nice paint job buddy!
is it me or there is a necron attached to the ship?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2021, 19:05

Hahaha! These look nice and spikey! I like the combination of the Gurardian and Warrior kits, they seem to mesh well.

Highly recomend magnets on your vehicles. They are incredibly helpful as the game/points change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders   Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Il-Kaithe Craftworld Raiders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: