THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Codizes and what we think about them

Go down 
+22
Gelmir
Sarcron
Dalamar
The Strange Dark One
Burnage
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
Shadowharte
Dabbarexe
toldavf
fisheyes
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Kalmah
Zenotaph
Marrath
Barking Agatha
Yziel
Some_Call_Me_Tim
Deckard_2049
sweetbacon
Luc1fer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 08:59

krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
No FAQ for us though to make our strats work with Harlequins the same way that the Asuryani ones do Sad

I assume that you can still use the Asuryani/Harlequin strats on a Harlequin patrol, however. Not really any different (as far as Strat bookkeeping goes) from playing a mixed army in 8th ed.

I was referring to the requisition strats. The Asuryani versions work with 'quins; ours don't Sad

I'm not sure I see the value in using our own requisition strats. The Asuryani ones work as long as you have an Asuryani OR Harlequin detachment. So, if you want to give harlies a relic, you use Treasures of the Aeldari. If you want to give harlies a warlord trait, use Champion of the Aeldari. It's even better that way, since they're different from our strats, they don't count towards the limitations of the other. For example, you can give Drukhari characters warlord traits as per our own strats, and two Harlie characters warlord traits with their own requisition strats.

Unfortunately, you can't. Treasures of the Aeldari, along with Champion of the Aeldari and any other similar strats require an Asuryani or Harlequin warlord. Similarly, Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition, etc. require a Drukhari warlord.

You may never have a list that includes both a WL trait/relic from the Aeldari book and a WL trait/relic from the Drukhari book(s). 
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 12:08

My issue is that if you take a patrol of Asuryani and a patrol of Harlequins you can use the requisition strats to give relics and traits to characters in either of those detachments.

If you take a patrol of Drukhari and a patrol of Harlequins, you can either give relics/traits to the Harlequins OR the Drukhari - but not both.

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Thu Apr 14 2022, 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 12:13

krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
No FAQ for us though to make our strats work with Harlequins the same way that the Asuryani ones do Sad

I assume that you can still use the Asuryani/Harlequin strats on a Harlequin patrol, however. Not really any different (as far as Strat bookkeeping goes) from playing a mixed army in 8th ed.

I was referring to the requisition strats. The Asuryani versions work with 'quins; ours don't Sad

I'm not sure I see the value in using our own requisition strats. The Asuryani ones work as long as you have an Asuryani OR Harlequin detachment. So, if you want to give harlies a relic, you use Treasures of the Aeldari. If you want to give harlies a warlord trait, use Champion of the Aeldari. It's even better that way, since they're different from our strats, they don't count towards the limitations of the other. For example, you can give Drukhari characters warlord traits as per our own strats, and two Harlie characters warlord traits with their own requisition strats.

As sekac said, you need a Asuryani or Harlequin Warlord. Same goes for the Drukhari ones, making the two mutually exclusive.

And if you choose to make a Harlequin character your warlord, have fun trying to make a functional Drukhari character without relics and warlord traits. Will you pick the 75pt Archon with his amazing S3 AP-2 D2 Huskblade or the 80pt Succubus with her glorified Power Sword?

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 14:30

Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

As sekac said, you need a Asuryani or Harlequin Warlord. Same goes for the Drukhari ones, making the two mutually exclusive.

And if you choose to make a Harlequin character your warlord, have fun trying to make a functional Drukhari character without relics and warlord traits. Will you pick the 75pt Archon with his amazing S3 AP-2 D2 Huskblade or the 80pt Succubus with her glorified Power Sword?

You pick the Master of Blades as you HQ. You don't need any other killy characters your troup master and solitaire will do the melee work.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 14:45

Well, I guess we need to start sending GW some emails about it. They've been more responsive recently to feedback than they have in the past (see: Autarch datasheet). Maybe they'll fix it. I don't think anyone else is going to advocate for Drukhari, so it's up to us.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 15:36

Dalamar wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

You pick the Master of Blades as you HQ.  You don't need any other killy characters your troup master and solitaire will do the melee work.

Draz and Urien as HQs work perfectly well in a Drukhari/Harlequin list, yeah. It is a pain to lose access to relics and warlord traits for one of the factions when CWE/Harlies don't suffer the same issue, but it's really not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 15:38

krayd wrote:
Well, I guess we need to start sending GW some emails about it. They've been more responsive recently to feedback than they have in the past (see: Autarch datasheet). Maybe they'll fix it. I don't think anyone else is going to advocate for Drukhari, so it's up to us.

I believe the address is - 40kFAQ@gwplc.com

I'd suggest something along the lines of:

In spite of the addition of the Travelling Players rule, it is clear that Harlequins do not interact with Drukhari armies in the same way that they do with Aeldari armies. This is particularly evident with the warlord traits. Could you please change the Drukhari Requisition Stratagem to include Harlequins in the same way that the equivalent Aeldari Stratagem does?

Tolerated Ambition (equivalent to Champion of the Aeldari) - Change first two sentences to read "Use this Stratagem before the battle, when you are mustering your army, if your WARLORD has the DRUKHARI or HARLEQUINS keyword. Select one DRUKHARI CHARACTER or HARLEQUINS CHARACTER model from your army...

Prizes from the Dark City (equivalent to Treasures of the Aeldari) - Change to read "Use this Stratagem before the battle, when you are mustering your army, if your WARLORD has the DRUKHARI or HARLEQUINS keyword. If your WARLORD has the DRUKHARI keyword you can select one DRUKHARI CHARACTER model from your army. The selected CHARACTER model can be given one Artefact of Cruelty (this must be a relic they can have). If your WARLORD has the HARLEQUIN keyword you can select one HARLEQUIN CHARACTER model from your army. The selected CHARACTER model can be given one Treasures of the Aeldari Relic (see Codex Aeldari). This must be a relic they can have...

Edit - No need to amend Prizes as if your Warlord is Harlequin you can just use Treasures of the Aeldari anyway.

Last edited by Count Adhemar on Thu Apr 14 2022, 15:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 15:43

Dalamar wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

You pick the Master of Blades as you HQ.  

Sleep

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 16:37

Whee back to wounding anything in Power Armour like a wet noodle Very Happy clearly our nerfs are still justified

Not saying Space Marines didn't need some help ... but still
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 16:42

It would have been better to have the AP penalty for hitting Astartes armor only apply to -2 AP or better. It would improve the resilience of the armor against heavier weapons while not screwing over those of use who really need that -1AP to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2022, 15:54

I feel ok with that, we have the tools for them. I mean the Space Marine shouldn't be the average, it should be the elite level. It's ok that a Wych struggle to kill him.
Finally Ts3+ mean something in this game.

Anyway, Coven of Twelves is even more appealing right now...
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2022, 18:22

Cerve wrote:
I feel ok with that, we have the tools for them. I mean the Space Marine shouldn't be the average, it should be the elite level. It's ok that a Wych struggle to kill him.
Finally Ts3+ mean something in this game.

Anyway, Coven of Twelves is even more appealing right now...

It just seems a little sloppy that pretty much *every* unit gets this bonus. Vehicles, chaos cultists, etc.
Not sure that Sororitas needed it either, but I'm not familiar with their current state/power level.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2022, 19:21

Cerve wrote:
I feel ok with that, we have the tools for them. I mean the Space Marine shouldn't be the average, it should be the elite level.

Except that this doesn't work in practise because Marines are the most common profile in the game and the baseline against which all other units are measured.

This is why every attempt to make them "more elite" has simply ended up harming the game as a whole.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16 2022, 01:00

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Cerve wrote:
I feel ok with that, we have the tools for them. I mean the Space Marine shouldn't be the average, it should be the elite level.

Except that this doesn't work in practise because Marines are the most common profile in the game and the baseline against which all other units are measured.

This is why every attempt to make them "more elite" has simply ended up harming the game as a whole.
and to add to that there are the Grey knights and the Custodes which are shipped as the "elite" of the Marines so ... if space Marines aren't the standard for the game than what is?
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:37

anyone here is scared to death (as i am) about the new Tyrannid's codex?
Everything seems plain and simply better and cheaper than anything else that exists!!
They seem to shoot at T'au level, fight at Orks level and Psychic at Thousand Sons level....all of that at ridiculous points level...
I still did not face them, so maybe i'm wrong (thus why i'm asking) but this saturday i'm supposed to play against them.

we only play beer and pretzel level btw.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 17:43

Kalmah wrote:
anyone here is scared to death (as i am) about the new Tyrannid's codex?
Everything seems plain and simply better and cheaper than anything else that exists!!
They seem to shoot at T'au level, fight at Orks level and Psychic at Thousand Sons level....all of that at ridiculous points level...
I still did not face them, so maybe i'm wrong (thus why i'm asking) but this saturday i'm supposed to play against them.

we only play beer and pretzel level btw.

I have not played them yet, so I cannot say with any authority. The general consensus is they'll be every bit as broken as harlequins though.

This is a pattern with GW that goes back many years. Power creep really takes off after the halfway point in each edition. It's just much worse now than it ever has been. My theory is it's an overreaction to Covid. Most every business suffered in some way, and I'm sure they're no exception. To try to make up the shortfalls of the last 2 years, they're cranking power creep up higher than they ever have in hopes that it will also spike sales as people buy up all the broken stuff. That can work to a degree, but it's tricky. Push your thumb on the scales too much, and people just give up. Not everyone cares to chase the meta. Not everyone can afford to.

Soulless Samurai and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2022, 18:26

i would understand, but this level......i'm afraid people will just leave the game and switch to another one :/ it's not as if they were alone now doing war games, or strategic games or anything like that.
thats a serious problem, cause every company that look at their customers SOLELY for their wallet are doomed one day or another.

I'm seriously considering just waiting and building/painting what i already own and just switch back to MTG for a while (i play Pioneer with friends, so just a little bit of update there and there and i'm back in the game) :/

Maybe wait for 10th edition to drop? something like that?
I'm seriously offended to see how bad GW threat their players base.
I seen drugs sellers more respectful for their customers than GW is.....
And i'm pretty sure i'm not alone thinking that way.

Lot of my friends are already turning to DnD to start some new campaigns instead of playing this ridiculous game that have become 40k.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 00:42

As a Competitive player, who has had quite a few games into the New Nids, I must say they are the most un-interactive army yet.

Mostly its the "yoyo" flyrant and their Harpies.

The flyrant rushes forward 17", casts its psykic powers (can be Mental Interrogation to score 3 VPs every turn for an auto 15 if your not teching for it), shoot a few shots, charge in dealing ~7 MWs, then fight you with a bunch of high volume/AP/Damage attacks, then run away 17" to repeat next turn. Or if there isnt somewhere safe 17" away it will just jump into reserve.

I tried killing it with 2 murder succubi and a Talos, barely did 4 wounds to it. Ridiculous.

Then the obviously undercosted Harpie. 6 attacks hitting on 3s, S9 with flat D4. And it has Transhuman (Leviathan hivefleet), and a 5++. Maybe a 5+++ FNP on top of that. Once again, you need to tech into it because its an Aircraft and only Talos/Hellions can punch it. The amount of Dark Lances required is bonkers, so better off not even thinking about it.

TBF, since Tau every codex has been more-and-more uninteractive. Units that are literally untargetable or so overtuned (for our army) that it would take a tailered list to defeat.

CWE have similar abilities to run forward, do psykic actions to score points, then run away. Plus psykic artilery generally dealing 3+D3 MWs to everything in a 6" radius, plus straight up Darklance equivilent artilery with their Support Platforms.

I dont think I need to mention Tau, haha.

But at least most people have left the Dark Eldar train. We now know who the True Kin are Wink
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 00:53

Kalmah wrote:
Lot of my friends are already turning to DnD to start some new campaigns instead of playing this ridiculous game that have become 40k.
I think more people will be interested in trying older editions of 40k in the coming years. The current edition doesn't have to be the one everyone plays.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 07:24

Kalmah wrote:

We started a shadowrun 5 campaign and I only paint and build what I have and new models will be mostly fresh out of my brothers printer.

I guess you are correctly assuming that they just want to drive sales.

Wrack_Enthusiast wrote:
Kalmah wrote:
I think more people will be interested in trying older editions of 40k in the coming years. The current edition doesn't have to be the one everyone plays.

Me and a friend of mine are looking towards epic with models being printed. There is a nice community adjusted rule book.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 08:34

fisheyes wrote:
As a Competitive player, who has had quite a few games into the New Nids, I must say they are the most un-interactive army yet.

See, I think this is pretty much the gravest mistake their rules developers could've made. 40k already suffers from the archaic "I go, you go" turn structure. Almost every game made these days has an alternating activation system. It's usually just an objectively better way to design a game--especially as the unit count increases. The more you allow one player to do while the other cannot interact, the more likely it is to create alpha strikes and similar negative play experiences. They are constantly driving themselves insane trying to balance out the inherently massive disadvantage to going second. In the 20 years I've been playing, they still haven't figured it out (hence why their idea changes every edition).

Admittedly, they have made progress in this area. Adding stratagems was an attempt to give the inactive player anything to do other than roll saves when they're told to. Same with the alternating activations in melee as opposed to the old initiative based system. 

The problem is when they make only a couple minor tweaks to make the game more interactive, and then suddenly start flooding the game with non-interactive rules. I genuinely don't know what game they're trying to make. Was there ever a vision for this edition, or did the original idea just scrapped for whatever this....?

I have a hard time believing they set out to make 9th edition the one where people hide their armies behind LoS blocking terrain and just send out yo-yos or spam shooting that doesn't require line of sight and otherwise interact as little as possible. Who thinks that sounds fun?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 10:41

fisheyes wrote:

What is it exactly that makes Tau so nasty to fight?

I ask because I've seen a lot of people say that they're strong and that they make for unpleasant games, but I've heard very few actual details.

Is it just that they have a really strong shooting phase? Or so other factors play into it as well?

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 11:00

Soulless Samurai wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

What is it exactly that makes Tau so nasty to fight?

I ask because I've seen a lot of people say that they're strong and that they make for unpleasant games, but I've heard very few actual details.

Is it just that they have a really strong shooting phase? Or so other factors play into it as well?

I played a pretty close game against them in a local tourney, and the main thing that struck me was mostly large volume of fire, and the occasional heavy hitting gun, coupled with either hitting from far away or getting up close quickly.

A unit of six crisis suits with airburst, and a couple of other weapons put out a LOT of shots, supported by a commander with multiple guns, and two broadsides in the back with railguns.

The railguns hit hard if I failed an invul, and the crisis suits hurt a bunch, but apart from those, there wasn't that much.

TLDR
It's mostly maneuverable overwhelming firepower, coupled with a bit of gimmicky saving stuff like a shadowfield with the drones, and a couple precision strikes w railguns.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 11:12

fisheyes wrote:

Mostly its the "yoyo" flyrant and their Harpies.

The flyrant rushes forward 17", casts its psykic powers (can be Mental Interrogation to score 3 VPs every turn for an auto 15 if your not teching for it), shoot a few shots, charge in dealing ~7 MWs, then fight you with a bunch of high volume/AP/Damage attacks, then run away 17" to repeat next turn. Or if there isnt somewhere safe 17" away it will just jump into reserve.

I tried killing it with 2 murder succubi and a Talos, barely did 4 wounds to it. Ridiculous.

Then the obviously undercosted Harpie. 6 attacks hitting on 3s, S9 with flat D4. And it has Transhuman (Leviathan hivefleet), and a 5++. Maybe a 5+++ FNP on top of that. Once again, you need to tech into it because its an Aircraft and only Talos/Hellions can punch it. The amount of Dark Lances required is bonkers, so better off not even thinking about it.

TBF, since Tau every codex has been more-and-more uninteractive. Units that are literally untargetable or so overtuned (for our army) that it would take a tailered list to defeat.

CWE have similar abilities to run forward, do psykic actions to score points, then run away. Plus psykic artilery generally dealing 3+D3 MWs to everything in a 6" radius, plus straight up Darklance equivilent artilery with their Support Platforms.

But at least most people have left the Dark Eldar train. We now know who the True Kin are Wink

I'd ask how your opponent is getting transhuman and a 5++ on the harpy;
Leviathan only gives 1s, 2s, 3s transhuman to SYNAPSE units, and 1s and 2s transhuman to non-SYNAPSE within 12" of Synapse.

It COULD get the full transhuman by taking an adaptive biology and making the harpy synapse, but then I'd question how they're getting the 5++ as iirc the only way to give something an invul is via a different adaptive physiology, which it then couldn't take.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19 2022, 12:16

Crusher Stampede still gives a 5++ base and has a stratagem for transhuman. -1 damage on top, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Codizes and what we think about them
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: