THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Codizes and what we think about them

Go down 
+22
Gelmir
Sarcron
Dalamar
The Strange Dark One
Burnage
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
Shadowharte
Dabbarexe
toldavf
fisheyes
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Kalmah
Zenotaph
Marrath
Barking Agatha
Yziel
Some_Call_Me_Tim
Deckard_2049
sweetbacon
Luc1fer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 01:24

And this is another reason that all the codecies should be released all at once and then put out balance changes as it's needed, they honestly wouldn't make any less money by doin this, people will buy what codecies they want

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 09:47

"Thicc City wouldn't be an issue, they'd just be on the same level as Tau, Custodes and Harlequins" is an absolutely wild statement to be making IMO. The factions that you consider competitive currently are almost universally seen as absolutely problematic and in need of severe nerfs.

I won't disagree that their development pipeline is causing issues for balancing, but at least we are seeing them speed up a bit with the frequent releases of digital dataslates. They just have to divorce that from separate printed rules releases.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 11:10

Archon_91 wrote:
And this is another reason that all the codecies should be released all at once and then put out balance changes as it's needed, they honestly wouldn't make any less money by doin this, people will buy what codecies they want

Although I like the sound of this, if you think about how it will really go, it's probably not solving anything. I do think the balance would be somewhat better on release, but then if for example they see Space Marines constantly losing to Tau, they would both nerf the hell out of Tau, AND give SM a boost to shift the unbalance completely in the other direction.
One way or another, GW seems very capable to make their game unbalanced. And as soon as stuff accidentally gets well balanced, they just toss it overboard by bringing out a new edition.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 12:50

Archon_91 wrote:

They would make less money from the meta-chasing crowd that always grab the latest overpowered book. Another aspect is news coverage: If you have a large wave of changes at the beginning, what will you report on until a new edition hits?
It's also easier for the balance team to work on the game balance piece by piece, rather than releasing everything in one big bang. Of course changing this would yield better results, but it's more complicated if you have to polish and fine-tun everything at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, the book-based approach is outdated anyway. But I think it's unlikely that they change their business model any time soon.

If I could choose, everything should be online and the focus of a Codex is more on unique campaign missions, Crusade, some unique relics/warlord traits etc.
For most people, this would still be a must-have. But keeping the game balanced updated isn't such a mess anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 14:17

for balance purpose, IF they would release all the codices at the same time, to make them ALREADY balanced all they need to do is to playtest them and fine tune them a few years before the big release.

As for the "marketing" and reveal, they can only focus on releasing models, do some metawatch more frequently, do some interviews with players, staff members, etc... it's not as if they're were not anything else they can share with us. Also, they also have a ton of other games, including videogames.

They seriously should take some pages from wIzards of the Coast in the way they balance their game.
WotC already know what will come out for the next year or even more, and its already been playtested. As of late, no bans were required for almost the last 2 years (after the wreck that was Throne of Eldraine) so i begin to believe that their playstest team they built in the last few years are effectively getting somewhere.
The way Games workshops is releasing their stuff is af if Wizards only released an edition with green cards and the next one only red cards.....it just does not make any senses!

Maybe in the past, when the game was smaller, the competitive scene was smaller, the marketing format was viable, but now that the game is getting bigger and bigger, they definitely need to rethink their marketing choices.

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 14:20

I don't know that releasing the books all at once would change meta chasing purchases ... as for what they would report on ... new models, warzones, tournament and data changes, also do more of their "Meta-watch" segments ... and speaking of warzones, apparently the Druhkari will be making an appearance in the new warzone Nachmund
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 16:04

Hopefully the Drukhari appearance in Nachmund will be more than a blurb of fluff. A Flayed Skull supplement would be nice, as that is the kabal that really needs a buff.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 17:28

What if they gave us back Duke Sliscus as the second Anhrathe HQ option and Add Sky Serpents as a Kabal Option.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2022, 19:02

Dalamar wrote:
What if they gave us back Duke Sliscus as the second Anhrathe HQ option and Add Sky Serpents as a Kabal Option.

That would be so amazing, I was really hoping for this since Corsairs were announced.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 03:48

Okay but magic bans cards that are older than two years. I collect a tcg as well and that is absolutely not where GW should look to for balance advice.
TCGs are also a lot more paritcular on rulings and I would hate for 40k to get caught up in stuff like 'this stops targeting but this doesn't target'. There's already some bozos trying to argue that the Deathleaper's leaked rule of 'enemy units in engagement range w this can't be selected for stratagems by your opponent' can be gotten around by stratagems that don't explicitly require you to choose a unit.
Please no

Sarcron

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 09:30

Dalamar wrote:

That good sir, is an utterly bloody fantastic idea! Never going to happen of course but still a fantastic idea.

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 11:01

Dalamar wrote:

Holy crap yeah, I doubt it, but damn I don't it's that out there

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 11:05

Dalamar wrote:

Then I would like Aurelia Malys as Kabal HQ.
BUT!!!! That would mean, they had to create Models for them.
It feels like that was the reason, they terminated 5 Characters in the first place...

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 14:27

Honestly, much as I like Sliscus and Malys, I'd far rather see our meagre number of generic characters and their presently-pitiful wargear selections expanded before we add more special characters into the mix.

Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 16:22

My most wanted list is a ranged HQ option (other than a pistol) for our Kabals, and a Cult HQ that can actually keep up with- and still buff Reavers and Hellions.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 17:24

Sarcron wrote:
Okay but magic bans cards that are older than two years. I collect a tcg as well and that is absolutely not where GW should look to for balance advice.
TCGs are also a lot more paritcular on rulings and I would hate for 40k to get caught up in stuff like 'this stops targeting but this doesn't target'. There's already some bozos trying to argue that the Deathleaper's leaked rule of 'enemy units in engagement range w this can't be selected for stratagems by your opponent' can be gotten around by stratagems that don't explicitly require you to choose a unit.
Please no

Ho i'm not saying Wizards is perfect, not at all (otherwise i would still be playing MTG Wink), but just saying that GW could take some pages from the way they balance their game, in the way that the playtesting seems far more legit (or serious) than what we see with GW.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2022, 22:23

Gelmir wrote:
My most wanted list is a ranged HQ option (other than a pistol) for our Kabals, and a Cult HQ that can actually keep up with- and still buff Reavers and Hellions.

I'd agree with both of those. Would be nice if said cult HQ could buff Beasts as well, tbh.

I'd also add:

- An actual support HQ (not another fething aura-dispenser). I don't mind if it buffs allies or debuffs enemies, just so long as it doesn't do so with a bloody aura. Evil or Very Mad

- 1-2 mercenary HQs (if our army is going to be stuck as 3 non-interactive subfactions).

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10 2022, 11:20

A Scourge HQ would be so freaking awesome. :3

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2022, 14:35

Welp now time for speculation... im gonna guess that our part in Nachmund is going to be focused on Haemonculus covens, only based souly (heh) on gws use of the phrase "Druhkari artists" however it does solidly confirm our presents here .... and it seems they are trying to get tdruhkari to play a slightly bigger role in the storied fights in 40k as we also featured as the nemesis to the new sister
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2022, 15:42

Archon_91 wrote:
Welp now time for speculation... im gonna guess that our part in Nachmund is going to be focused on Haemonculus covens, only based souly (heh) on gws use of the phrase "Druhkari artists" however it does solidly confirm our presents here .... and it seems they are trying to get tdruhkari to play a slightly bigger role in the storied fights in 40k as we also featured as the nemesis to the new sister

But all Drukhari are 'blade artists' Wink
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2022, 15:22

Aeldari FAQ is up (Note that the balance dataslate is yet to be released, so balance issues are not addressed here).

Of particular note are that harlequin troupes receive CORE (as expected), and Drukhari/Harlequin units in Ynarri detachments do not interfere with the Strands of Fate ability (as I suspected).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2022, 18:02

No FAQ for us though to make our strats work with Harlequins the same way that the Asuryani ones do Sad

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2022, 18:52

Count Adhemar wrote:
No FAQ for us though to make our strats work with Harlequins the same way that the Asuryani ones do Sad

I assume that you can still use the Asuryani/Harlequin strats on a Harlequin patrol, however. Not really any different (as far as Strat bookkeeping goes) from playing a mixed army in 8th ed.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2022, 22:39

krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

I assume that you can still use the Asuryani/Harlequin strats on a Harlequin patrol, however. Not really any different (as far as Strat bookkeeping goes) from playing a mixed army in 8th ed.

I was referring to the requisition strats. The Asuryani versions work with 'quins; ours don't Sad

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2022, 01:58

Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

I was referring to the requisition strats. The Asuryani versions work with 'quins; ours don't Sad

I'm not sure I see the value in using our own requisition strats. The Asuryani ones work as long as you have an Asuryani OR Harlequin detachment. So, if you want to give harlies a relic, you use Treasures of the Aeldari. If you want to give harlies a warlord trait, use Champion of the Aeldari. It's even better that way, since they're different from our strats, they don't count towards the limitations of the other. For example, you can give Drukhari characters warlord traits as per our own strats, and two Harlie characters warlord traits with their own requisition strats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Codizes and what we think about them
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: