THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi Empty
PostSubject: A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi   A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi I_icon_minitimeFri May 21 2021, 21:00

Now we are talking, Incubi have been my favorite unit for a very long time, masters of the art of slaughter they are an absolute terror on the battlefield, lets look!

Incubi
Well where to begin, incubi are a premium unit that is entirely dedicated to assault, they pack some of the most eye watering offense in the book and will happily chew through the elite units of most other armies, indeed unless the enemy is a really large monster, a full sized mob of orks or packing a 4+ invun (more of a guide line than a solid rule) incubi will probably be a safe bet to beat it. While incubi are terrifying on offense, defensively they aren't all that tough even though they have a really good armour save that can get to 2+ with the right strat/cover, careful screening and engagement is required to ensure they aren't just a one and done unit.

As character support you cant go wrong they will supplement the damage of your succubi and archons very well. With archons they even have a bit of symbiosis as he buffs them slightly and has the option of taking ancient evil to ensure you don't have to rely on the tormentors.

These guys love the raider, if your incubi walk you are doing it wrong. Not only does the raider keep them from getting shot with small arms, it also provides a critical debuff for their tormentor ability, making it much more likely to succeed.

Few enemy armies are going to want to put units in range of an incubi charge, which can constrict your opponents move phase quite nicely, they are a nice psychological threat that way. That said they are public enemy number one so expect your opponent to work hard dealing with them, be careful with their raider and you should be ok vs deep strikers or fast movers.

Also the klaivex has 2 wounds for some reason hey a free wound I'll take that.

Bonus
Drazhar master of blades
The big boy himself, he's been hitting the gym since last edition and he is ready to slay. He's exceptionally fighty and will happily murder allot of characters/monster/tanks currently in the game, he's also just as at home threshing hoards with a possible 14 attacks (that hit and wound t4 models on 2+) he will make a sizable dent in most mobs. He is actually also pretty tough to kill having -1 damage against him and a 4+ invun he won't die quickly.

The buffs he brings to incubi are to be frank sickening +1 to wound on a str 5 dude means that you can carve apart some crazy stuff, a full unit of incubi and Drazhar can even bring down a wraith knight in a single round of combat.

Probably a points increase in his future I think, but the new model is fantastic and if i am honest the reason I picked up the hobby again.

"Oh that models nice, I'll buy it to paint."
"I'll get him a bodyguard of incubi too."
"They need a raider for the full display."
"Give me more plastic crack."

That's basically how it went

In short I am a massive fanboy for incubi, I'm planning to field two units of 7 and hopefully kill allot of stuff with them, it's gonna be great. Very Happy

Next time Grotesques

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi   A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi I_icon_minitimeSat May 22 2021, 11:08

5 elf units in a venom are nice, too. It also gives the Ld malus, is easier to hide and harder to hit. Just a thought. Wink

Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi   A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi I_icon_minitimeSun May 23 2021, 19:12

I also prefer the venom for them...
Three 5 man units in a venom plus drazhar, archon and a succubus respectively have been staple in my lists for a while and doing pretty good they can cover three key locations of the battlefield on their own with this setup or focus one point all together for extreme pain.
Inccubi where mainly the reason i started dark eldar back in 5th and im ridiculously happy that they are amazing now.
Having said that they die the moment an enemy decides to sneeze next to them dont let the 3+ save fool you, once they are out of the transport they are history so one must make sure they delete the target before they get deleted themselves. Worst scenario is a failed charge imo and any abilities the enemy might have that make them fight after them...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi   A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi I_icon_minitimeSun May 23 2021, 23:59

He has 2 wounds b.c he is an Exarch and all Exarchs are basically mini heroes.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi   A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning players opinions on our units; Incubi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: