THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes Empty
PostSubject: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeThu May 20 2021, 21:04

Our army's stealth option, at one point they where the best infiltrators in the game nowadays they are a bit less stealthy but still good for that, lets take a look.

Mandrakes
To start off I would say that these guys are about average for one of our melee units, which is by no means shabby but that should be taken into account when you pick their target. 3 attacks with their glimmer steel blade is solid enough but mandrake do not play as a dedicated assault unit, we have better options there.

The mandrakes ranged weapon has solid stats, and an added ability to pop mortal wounds on the target if you are lucky. It is nothing massively special, it will inflict some damage on most medium infantry, but don't expect to remove allot of MEQ with it. All that combined though does mean that mandrakes get to throw out 5 attacks over 2 phases, which isn't too bad.

Resilience wise they have a baked in -1 to hit which is nice but they almost as squishy as wyches if you hit them, flamers will give these guys a really bad time and at 15 points a model you will feel their loss.

As for options they don't have any, so that's this section done.

So their uses on the field? Well your first option is to deploy them 9 inches away from a target then run screaming at it hoping to sow chaos in the enemy line and club as many things to death as possible, multiple small units doing this could probably do massive damage to things like tau, or guard if you got first turn. You can use their fade away ability to redeploy them quickly, this can allow you to over commit, crush one flank then mop up the other faster which sounds a bit to much like grand strategy for my taste.

Small squads seem to be the way to go, MSU is unappetizing as a target and considering that you just aren't that tough, it will make them look less juicy.

All in all they feel like a unit that is a bit lacking, like it can pop up on objectives nice and easy but everything else it does can be done by someone else and done better.

Next time Incubi! <3
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21 2021, 21:45

Mandrakes are an ideal unit for using the 'Deploy Scramblers' secondary objective.

DevilDoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeFri May 21 2021, 22:40

@krayd wrote:
Mandrakes are an ideal unit for using the 'Deploy Scramblers' secondary objective.

Absolutely, but they are excellent for Engage on All Fronts, especially early in game.

They're also great for screening out other infiltrators or units with a pregame scout move, or just for keeping your opponent guessing where the attack might come from.

Their combat capabilities aren't going to blow you away, but there are things they can do, that nothing else does nearly as well.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22 2021, 11:10

I miss Keradruakh...  A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes 1f625

Hellion
toldavf

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22 2021, 13:47

@Zenotaph wrote:
I miss Keradruakh...   A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes 1f625

There's allot from old books to miss. We could use a splash of special characters with model, If they announced a vect model tomorrow I would be first in line to buy it. We have allot of nice models and our range would be perfect if we had a plastic court/grotesques and a could more characters for the cabal faction
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSat May 22 2021, 14:18

@Zenotaph wrote:
I miss Keradruakh...   A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes 1f625

I miss the idea of him. The actual implementation? Not so much!

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSun May 23 2021, 23:54

Mandrakes are an A+ unit, don't underestimate pre-game movements/deployments.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes    A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning players opinions on our units; Mandrakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: