THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex

Go down 
+50
Ripper.McGuirl
Archon_91
Kalmah
Grimcrimm
Alezya
Banbaji
Dalamar
TheBaconPope
Eldur
Count Adhemar
Koldan
Oaka
HERO
Subsanity
CptMetal
sekac
AzraeI
mynamelegend
krayd
Sarcron
nerdelemental
Pippolele
Azdrubael
The Strange Dark One
Dark Elf Dave
colinsherlow
Gherma
Soulless Samurai
effespwnz
Gelmir
WrackYourBrains
harlokin
Skulnbonz
Lyijysiipi
mightydoughnut
DevilDoll
GreyArea
ferrusmanus
Rodi Sikni
Cavash
Barking Agatha
sweetbacon
fisheyes
Elfric
JRG
Denegaar
albions-angel
Cerve
Silverglade
Burnage
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 20:30

about Talos... With Dark Technomancers they absolutely rule when taking liquifiers, no downside at all. Also something that not alot of people have noticed and one of the things mentioned in Skaris review is ichor injectors. You deal 1d3 mortals if they hit no wound rolls and no questions asked. That means 3 talos in cc can spend one of their attacks each and deal together 3d3 mortals and do the rest of their attacks with whatever weapon you choose.
Imo this is really something that sounds strong and shouyld be tried out

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 20:35

@Skulnbonz wrote:
Warriors... still not sure about.  trueborn? Probably not in competitive play, as black heart is what you need to take, but poisoned tongue is where trueborn shine.

Out of interest, why do you think Trueborn are better in Poison Tongue?

I'd have thought the bigger draw would be the BS2+ Blasters and Dark Lance, so I'd think Obsidian Rose for the wound reroll would be the most advantageous for them.

sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 20:50

@Count Adhemar wrote:
I've finally finished wading through Skari's marathon book review (seriously, he could have just sent me the book and I'd have read it quicker than that Very Happy ) and he seems very enthused. I am not sure I agree with the amounts of 'awesome' and 'sooooo good' that he and his guests dished out but the book does seem to be fairly solid. I also watched Vanguard Tactics' battle report of Newkhari v Bobby G's Boys in Blue. The Drukhari just about scraped a win having previously lost every battle report so that seems positive. I think I was probably right to suspect the absence of coven reveals to be indicative of nerfs as their survivability seems to have taken a big hit and I'm not sure, DT liquifier spam aside, (which will almost certainly get FAQ'd into oblivion sooner or later) that they've gained too much.

Count, I’m curious as to why you think DT Liquifier spam would get FAQ’d?  I think it’s potentially good if you make a specific build for it but it’s by no means broken or over the top.  Maybe, given the the (surprising?) strength and viability of a lot of the new rules, GW actually, might not mind if we have some nice things.  Probably being wildly optimistic here, but I think there’s a lot of way more urgent fixes in the GW should look at before they start thinking about our drive by Wracks.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 20:58

@DevilDoll wrote:
about Talos... With Dark Technomancers they absolutely rule when taking liquifiers, no downside at all. Also something that not alot of people have noticed and one of the things mentioned in Skaris review is ichor injectors. You deal 1d3 mortals if they hit no wound rolls and no questions asked. That means 3 talos in cc can spend one of their attacks each and deal together 3d3 mortals and do the rest of their attacks with whatever weapon you choose.
Imo this is really something that sounds strong and shouyld be tried out

Yeah, I think people are sleeping on Talos as a backfield countercharge/late game bully unit now. The Ichor Injectors and Talos Gauntlet(!) seem super interesting now that we can mitigate the -1 to hit by Turn 3 and have hit rerolls via RSR Archon or PoF strat. A unit of three just almost auto dishing out 3d3 mortal wounds and then punching with their dmg3 fists seems pretty decent. Just hide them in your deployment zone for the first few turns because they are much, much easier to kill now if you don’t play cagey. I’m not saying this is going to be super amazing but if like Talos like I do, then I think they’re still viable ways to use them. But it’s going to require rethinking what roles they’re decent at in our post 4++ world.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 21:10

@sweetbacon wrote:
Count, I’m curious as to why you think DT Liquifier spam would get FAQ’d? I think it’s potentially good if you make a specific build for it but it’s by no means broken or over the top.

Call me cynical if you will but it would hardly be the first time that GW has pulled a bait and switch on us. Having an obsession that has a very deliberate drawback built into it and having models in the army that completely ignore that drawback just feels like the sort of thing that GW would either not have noticed or did notice and decided they would leave in until they have sold a load of models before nerfing it.

On the Cronos, I see a lot of people saying how amazing it looks now but it relies on killing stuff to really function - and it's crap at killing stuff! I'll probably take one just cos I have the model gathering dust on a shelf but it will likely just sit at the back handing out it's aura.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 21:26

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Skulnbonz wrote:
Warriors... still not sure about.  trueborn? Probably not in competitive play, as black heart is what you need to take, but poisoned tongue is where trueborn shine.

I'd have thought the bigger draw would be the BS2+ Blasters and Dark Lance, so I'd think Obsidian Rose for the wound reroll would be the most advantageous for them.

I assume it is because the 2+ to hit on the remaining 7 splinter rifles they carry is inconsequential and thus wasted.

I am also not fully convinced I want to pay 20 points to have 3x 2+ dark lights.

Let's do the math and find out!

2blasters + 1Dark Lance Trueborn vs 4 blasters and 1 Dark Lance (same points in terms of dark light)

Trueborn: 2x5/6*1/2*3.5= 2.92dmg + 1x5/6*1/2*5=2.08 Gran Total of 5 average damage
Warriors: 4*2/3*1/2*3.5= 3.5 dmg + 1*1/2*1/2*5= 1.25 Gran Total of 4.7 average damage

Ok, I am convinced it is a good investment of 20 points hahaha!

nerdelemental likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 21:36

@Skulnbonz wrote:

In theory you are correct.

In reality, it has a 6+ invul and will be removed from the table turn 1.  It is a decent model, but not for the points, and against a competent opponent, it wont last long.

6++/5+++ with -1D is more efficient statistically than what PoF flesh was before against anything with damage 2-4 (so majority of weapons really). And with the amount of low blocking terrain, you must have miss deployed the Cronos to lose it turn one to be honest.

Also Cronos is one of the cheapest units we get. If my opponent wants to waste a turn shooting at it instead than at ravagers, Talos and boats loaded with incubi I’d be very happy!

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 21:38

@Count Adhemar wrote:

On the Cronos, I see a lot of people saying how amazing it looks now but it relies on killing stuff to really function - and it's crap at killing stuff! I'll probably take one just cos I have the model gathering dust on a shelf but it will likely just sit at the back handing out it's aura.

To use the strat he doesn’t have to kill anything, just to be there.

And by killing two guardsmen (which he can easily kill), you could get back a Talos and an incubus for example... for 75pts!

Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 22:05

@Count Adhemar wrote:
I also watched Vanguard Tactics' battle report of Newkhari v Bobby G's Boys in Blue. The Drukhari just about scraped a win having previously lost every battle report so that seems positive.[/b][/color]

Might just be me but if he had played the DE better he would have won easier. He played the AoV poorly and completely failed to recognise the extra ap on 6s quite often which vs SM is pretty important.

He did play the game well, I thought, but with the codex being brand new he missed a few things so I’d look at the win in a more positive way than scraping the win. Give players a few games to really get going and I think we will truly start to see how strong the army could be.

Cerve and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 22:06

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@sweetbacon wrote:
Count, I’m curious as to why you think DT Liquifier spam would get FAQ’d? I think it’s potentially good if you make a specific build for it but it’s by no means broken or over the top.

Call me cynical if you will but it would hardly be the first time that GW has pulled a bait and switch on us. Having an obsession that has a very deliberate drawback built into it and having models in the army that completely ignore that drawback just feels like the sort of thing that GW would either not have noticed or did notice and decided they would leave in until they have sold a load of models before nerfing it.

Or, they just got that they nerfed 80% of the weapons with DT, letting them a Custom Obsession (which count as 2) just like "This one boost your flamers).
Try to see it just like that: would you spent 2 custom obsessions slots just for boosting flamers? It's a nice Obsession, but far from being broken.

Expecially if you consider what was it in the last Codex! I think they will let it as is it.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 22:18

About Mandrakes/Scourges for Scramblers, no, Mandrakes are THE Scramblers unit. Just because they start in the middle of the board, they can do the middle scrambler without any effort. Then bounce out of the board and coming back the next turn for another one.
This in addition to forcing away enemy explorers if you manage to deploy them first than enemy phobos and similars.
And again, deploying them in the middle of the board they can bait the opponent into charging them. That means forcing him near to you, where you want, so you will be able to countercharge him on your first turn.
Or he will not fall into the bait and will let them alive.
Mandrakes have so many strategic uses that Scourges will never beat them.

For the Cronos...I would play 3 of them, or none. both DarkCreed (+1 WS) and 13th ( + ap-1) helps them to fight better, and there are few stratagems that helps them as well. Don't forge that the board is full of obscuring terrain, that they fly, and that they do 8"+D6+2D6 on T2.
They will be healed from Haemonculi, and their personal stratagem helps a lot other big units (20 Hellions who shoot down a unit, other 3 Talos, shooty Reavers etc).
I think they need a list around them, but they will be interesting nontheless.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 22:30

I will be running Poison Tongue for the most part, maybe Black Heart on certain armies for AoV. Obsidian Rose is great, but I never felt I was missing out on range when it came to Ravagers with DL, and blasters are so swingy, and I will have so many different DLs I dont think I will need them, even against my AdMech friend. My wyches are good for contesting points, Bloodbrides can probably even handle weak vehicles. So for me, Kabalites are anti-chaff, or at least anti-infantry.

I did want to ask, is there a rule preventing me starting with units from one patrol embarked on transports from another. Once I pivot to wyches, my 2 wych patrols will have a venom each (and a raider each), while my kabal patrol will have 2 raiders, but ideally, I would like the venoms to actually belong to the kabal, and the raiders to the wyches, so the venoms benefit from poison tongue.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 22:45

@albions-angel wrote:
I will be running Poison Tongue for the most part, maybe Black Heart on certain armies for AoV. Obsidian Rose is great, but I never felt I was missing out on range when it came to Ravagers with DL, and blasters are so swingy, and I will have so many different DLs I dont think I will need them, even against my AdMech friend. My wyches are good for contesting points, Bloodbrides can probably even handle weak vehicles. So for me, Kabalites are anti-chaff, or at least anti-infantry.

I did want to ask, is there a rule preventing me starting with units from one patrol embarked on transports from another. Once I pivot to wyches, my 2 wych patrols will have a venom each (and a raider each), while my kabal patrol will have 2 raiders, but ideally, I would like the venoms to actually belong to the kabal, and the raiders to the wyches, so the venoms benefit from poison tongue.

No, you're free to embark one obsession into another obsessions transport Smile

If you're going Tongue anyway, check out this https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-spotlight-the-new-drukhari-codex/
Merciless Razorkin+Torturous Efficiency is actually more strong on poisoned shooting than the Tongue. Unless you're going to play on the Tongue's stratagem, swap on this custom for the merely deadly poison potential.

GreyArea and Pippolele like this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:20

@Cerve wrote:
@albions-angel wrote:

If you're going Tongue anyway, check out this https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-spotlight-the-new-drukhari-codex/
Merciless Razorkin+Torturous Efficiency is actually more strong on poisoned shooting than the Tongue. Unless you're going to play on the Tongue's stratagem, swap on this custom for the merely deadly poison potential.

That is good. Can you remind me what the warlord trait and relic were for Tongue? Flayed Skull (which still grants that nice ignore light cover bonus) was the one that gave +1 Str for the Archon. Was it tongue that gave +1 Str to archon weapons?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:26

@albions-angel wrote:

That is good. Can you remind me what the warlord trait and relic were for Tongue? Flayed Skull (which still grants that nice ignore light cover bonus) was the one that gave +1 Str for the Archon. Was it tongue that gave +1 Str to archon weapons?

Obsidian Rose has the trait that gives +1 Str to archon weapons
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:29

@Cerve wrote:
About Mandrakes/Scourges for Scramblers, no, Mandrakes are THE Scramblers unit. Just because they start in the middle of the board, they can do the middle scrambler without any effort. Then bounce out of the board and coming back the next turn for another one.
This in addition to forcing away enemy explorers if you manage to deploy them first than enemy phobos and similars.
And again, deploying them in the middle of the board they can bait the opponent into charging them. That means forcing him near to you, where you want, so you will be able to countercharge him on your first turn.

I don’t agree to be honest.

Let’s say mandrakes start in the middle and scramble first turn. Assuming my opponent won’t manage a turn 1 charge, in the second turn I can remove them and try to re-deploy them in the third turn in the opponent’s deployment zone. At that point though my opponent knows that I have to go in his deployment and can just screen me out, which is very easy with the smaller boards of 9th.

With scourges, I can deploy them second turn whenever they fit (unlikely my opponent will manage to completely screen both his deployment zone and centre of the board), scramble and them move them next turn to scramble in the missing area of the board.

Both require three turns to do two scramblers, but the scourges are cheaper and tougher. It is really a no brainer. Mandrakes are a trap.

Also, for clarity, it is worthy to note that:
- Take 17 bolter shots to kill 5 mandrakes, and 71 to kill 5 scourges in cover with the +1 to cover strat.
- You cannot scramble and leave the board on the same turn.

Last edited by Gherma on Mon Mar 22 2021, 23:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:30

@albions-angel wrote:
@Cerve wrote:
@albions-angel wrote:

WL trait is a 6" bubble area of immunity from attrition penalties from the Archon. The relic is a sniping pistol at D2. Both of them are avoidable.
The stratagem is pretty good, but overall you can play that custom obsession that will be better.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:38

@Gherma wrote:
@Cerve wrote:

I don’t agree to be honest.

Let’s say mandrakes start in the middle and scramble first turn. Assuming my opponent won’t manage a turn 1 charge, in the second turn I can remove them and try to re-deploy them in the third turn in the opponent’s deployment zone. At that point though my opponent knows that I have to go in his deployment and can just screen me out, which is very easy with the smaller boards of 9th.

With scourges, I can deploy them second turn whenever they fit (unlikely my opponent will manage to completely screen both his deployment zone and centre of the board), scramble and them move them next turn to scramble in the missing area of the board.

Both require three turns to do two scramblers, but the scourges are cheaper and tougher. It is really a no brainer. Mandrakes are a trap.

Wait, that makes nonsense to me.

First of all, Mandrakes are doing 2 scramblers alone, while Scourges are doing just 1.

Second: you don't have to remove Mandrakes at turn 2. It is a choice you have. Mandrakes just offer way more tactical choices than Scourges.

Third: if the oppo charges them on T1, it's a big win for you. They're a bait, as I already said before.

Then Mandrakes are a threat for every objective-keeping small units (which are designed for).
The thing is, naked scourges do 1 thing. Mandrakes can do that thing (better) and other 3-4 things.
And as he screen Mandrakes (pretty difficult, if you're not going to charge him on T3 there's something wrong I guess), he screens Scourges in the same way. But Scourges have a larger footprint and a larger figure, while hiding 5 Mandrakes it more than easy.

Oh, another thing: Scourges MUST enter on turn 3. Mandrakes can even leave on T4 and redeploy on T5 doing the oppo scrambler (and he will never be able to screen you on T5).

I think you're dramatically understimating the Mandrakes play. Scourges are no brainer, and it is no brainer counter them at the same way.

Anyway, I would play both Wink

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 23:57

@albions-angel wrote:

The warlord trait lets the warlord shrug off *Mortal* wounds on a 5+ and gives a Ld aura.

The artefact is the Soul Seeker. Pistol 2 S1 AP-2 D2 Poison 2+ Ignores cover, LoS, and can snipe characters.

I'll be honest - in concept this is probably my favourite weapon in the entire faction. I adore the idea of a sniping pistol that you simply can't hide from.

I also like the flavour of mixing it with the Soul Thirst warlord trait. Especially now that you can potentially kill a model with the gun (albeit at very short range) and then steal its soul. Granted, it's one of those things that will probably almost never happen, but I just love the idea of a soul-stealing Archon-assassin. Twisted Evil

Sadly, however, in my experience (and I used this thing almost every game I played in 8th) it tended to underperform significantly. I think it really needed to get an extra shot, like Parasite's Kiss, rather than merely getting an extra pip of AP. Crying or Very sad

Still, I imagine I'll give it a go regardless. Who knows? Maybe my new Archon model will bring me better luck. Razz

(I'm also open to strategic/tactical suggestions on this front, if anyone happens to have any.)

However, if you want a more competitive evaluation, I don't think Poison Tongue contains anything substantially better than the base relics and warlord traits.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 00:53

The problem with wargear on the Archon is that it is an all-or-nothing unit. It's either fully alive or just dead, with nothing inbetween. Any piece of wargear that doesn't offer a strategic option or doesn't do loads of damage will not work.

Archons inevitably lose fights of attrition and esoteric stuff like the Parasite's Kiss just doesn't bring enough to cut it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 09:35

Does anyone have a link to the current points values? I've just downloaded the Munitorum Field Manual 2021 and it's showing Reavers at 10 points. Is there anything more up to date?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 10:50

Whats the AP on the new liquifiers again?

I remember they were S4, autohitting D6 shots but couldn't remember the AP

Edit: also does anyone know how many pts they cost?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 11:12

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
The problem with wargear on the Archon is that it is an all-or-nothing unit. It's either fully alive or just dead, with nothing inbetween. Any piece of wargear that doesn't offer a strategic option or doesn't do loads of damage will not work.

Archons inevitably lose fights of attrition and esoteric stuff like the Parasite's Kiss just doesn't bring enough to cut it.

I mean, you've basically highlighted why I find the Archon disappointing.

In theory, he's got a pile of different wargear options to choose from.

In practise, it comes down to Djin Blade or Writ because his base wargear/abilities aren't sufficient to really permit the more esoteric options.

That said, is the Parasite's Kiss that bad? Even if you ignore the healing ability, it's still the equivalent of 3 extra Huskblade attacks that wound on 2s. If you combine it with Hatred Eternal (which would also boost the Archon's melee attacks to a more reasonable level) it seems like it could be quite strong.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 11:35

Archon with Hate Eternal and Djin Blade is still in my opinion, the melee archon. Though when you look at Tryptich Succubus or Drazhar you see what a true melee threat really looks like is in this codex. But Archon is fine, buffs Incubi, thats good.

Otherwise, if you want more strategic archon its definately Ancient Evil archon, forcing units to fight last and Helm of Spite. That will give some amount of Psychic Defense.

And no Master Archon. Some cheap Venom Blade, maybe a blast pistol. If you want Archon that will ride in a raider with darklight trueborn, thats the man.

nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 11:53

@Pippolele wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Skulnbonz wrote:

I assume it is because the 2+ to hit on the remaining 7 splinter rifles they carry is inconsequential and thus wasted.

I am also not fully convinced I want to pay 20 points to have 3x 2+ dark lights.

Let's do the math and find out!

2blasters + 1Dark Lance Trueborn vs 4 blasters and 1 Dark Lance (same points in terms of dark light)

Trueborn: 2x5/6*1/2*3.5= 2.92dmg + 1x5/6*1/2*5=2.08 Gran Total of 5 average damage
Warriors: 4*2/3*1/2*3.5= 3.5 dmg + 1*1/2*1/2*5= 1.25 Gran Total of 4.7 average damage

Ok, I am convinced it is a good investment of 20 points hahaha!

Sweet!
I'm lousy with maths. Really lousy. Care to help a brother out, Pippolele?
I'd like to see the numbers comparing damage output for a fully equipped Trueborn squad loaded with Blasters versus their non-Trueborn counterparts, ignoring the points upgrade. Essentially, if I spend the additional points, what would the damage return on investment look like?

I immediately thought of my 7th ed Blasterborn flying in a Venom of death, especially with Obsidian Rose (seriously, am I the only person that ran OR in 8th? Glad to have so many of you joining me now that they've been given even more love).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: