THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Posts : 137
Join date : 2018-04-03

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2021, 11:52

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@GreyArea

What about something like: 'At the end of any round in which a Character suffered wounds from a Huskblade but didn't die, roll 1d6. If the number exceeds that character's remaining wounds, it is slain outright.'

I also like this idea a lot. It would perhaps make it a little too reliable against characters given the huskblade can already put a dent in most of them. With this, an archon could quite possibly instagib ole Roboute XD

Then again this is a crazy wishlisting thread, why shouldn't we have a character killer in our roster! Not like the archon can do much at the moment so it'd be nice to give him some sort of niche usefulness beyond being a ravager babysitter.
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Slave
Stea1k

Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-11-13

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2021, 23:51

My crazy ideas:

For hellions:

Stock -1 to hit
Auto-advance +6"
Can be transported in Raiders/Tantalus
When consolidating, they can choose to fall back instead (This should replace their fall back then charge ability)
+1 Attack
Hellglaive gets AP-1

Army wide:

If an enemy unit is the subject to 2+ Ld debuffs, they suffer a -1 attrition penalty.

_________________
"The law of very large numbers: Given enough attempts, anything can happen."

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

Posts : 282
Join date : 2011-12-08

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:11

Hellions shutting down auras (the punks are too loud).

A Relic that sends a character temporarily into another dimension.
Chronos giving debuffs (-1 to hit and wound) and a buff to nearby FnP rolls.

A Stratagem that makes Talos and/or Grotesques go into a suicidal drug-fueled frenzy when killed (explosion).

Wyches mixing drugs to get OP then dying to attrition tests.

Incubi stratagem that makes them terryfing in combat for a turn, like rerolling wounds or +1 to damage.

Cult-specific Stratagems that represent different ways of achieving a spectacular massacre in the arenas. Like: doubling attacks, dealing MWs on 6s to hit, doing mortal wounds on 6s to save (much like current Succubi Warlord Traits, but for whole wych units for a phase).

Kabal-specific stratagems that represent the signature combat style for each of them. Like: poison tongue gets poison attacks in CC or wounds on 3s with poison in shooting for a phase, or doubles damage with poison weaponry...


_________________
Archon ÐЖѦXΛI: Let's go outside... and wipe out an entire civilization in a feast of murder and pain.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-01-30

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:21

Talking of stratagems, I’d really like to see one for initiating a unit of incubi/scourges/etc. into the cult, cabal, or coven that you are playing. So paying 1-2cp before the game gives them access to an obsession.
Would feel pretty nice story-wise, to be able to represent a close/recurring partner-/sponsorship in that way.
Though that may not be far out, or outrageous, enough for this thread, maybe ^^’
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych
Skulnbonz

Posts : 923
Join date : 2012-07-13
Location : Tampa

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:47

Edit- Nevermind
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-02-27

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 05:31

After suffering A LOT against a friend's Kharadron army on AoS, i think their alliegance rule could be a nice "super-doctrine style" choice for us, it would not be the first time that AoS have been the playtest of sort for 40k (take a look at the Ossiarchs battletome and then to the new Necron Codex, you will know what im talking about). After all, our playstyles are similar: Three sizes of fast transports that fly, troops that are decent shooters and average fighters but really need said transports because they die as soon as someone sneeze on them, flying units that carry heavy weaponry but are as resilient as any other trooper and need careful positioning...

Anyway, for those of you that dont know the aforementioned rule, it is roughtly as follows: "At the start of your movement phase, any ship can raise up to the sky, taking them off the board and then redeploying it again anywhere on the battlefield that is at least 9" of a enemy unit. The ship cant move or make charges this turn, and units garrisoned inside cant disembark."

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele, because as soon as you manage to get close, they just zap to literally the other side of the board. I think this could even be a bit OP for how 9th plays, but it fits our gameplay so well and could give our enemies so many headaches that it would be actually pretty fun to see on the new Codex hahaha

harlokin and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-01-30

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 11:27

@Kurtix wrote:
Anyway, for those of you that dont know the aforementioned rule, it is roughtly as follows: "At the start of your movement phase, any ship can raise up to the sky, taking them off the board and then redeploying it again anywhere on the battlefield that is at least 9" of a enemy unit. The ship cant move or make charges this turn, and units garrisoned inside cant disembark."

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele,

I hadn’t heard about this! It sounds like a lot of fun (though, admittedly, somewhat infuriating in a mostly-melee-setting I imagine ^^’ ). Thank you for sharing it =)
Might be a little OP, as you say (but I really don’t have a good grasp on competitiveness in 40k, so I wouldn’t know). But since 40k has a lot of long range weaponry and area denial tactics, already, then maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?
It would definitely be glad to see Drukhari become the fastest faction once again. And this would certainly help with that, even if others have units with a higher movement-value on paper.
An interesting idea, to be sure!
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

Posts : 123
Join date : 2017-10-26

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 13:57

@ursvamp wrote:
@Kurtix wrote:
Anyway, for those of you that dont know the aforementioned rule, it is roughtly as follows: "At the start of your movement phase, any ship can raise up to the sky, taking them off the board and then redeploying it again anywhere on the battlefield that is at least 9" of a enemy unit. The ship cant move or make charges this turn, and units garrisoned inside cant disembark."

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele,

I hadn’t heard about this! It sounds like a lot of fun (though, admittedly, somewhat infuriating in a mostly-melee-setting I imagine ^^’ ). Thank you for sharing it =)
Might be a little OP, as you say (but I really don’t have a good grasp on competitiveness in 40k, so I wouldn’t know). But since 40k has a lot of long range weaponry and area denial tactics, already, then maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?
It would definitely be glad to see Drukhari become the fastest faction once again. And this would certainly help with that, even if others have units with a higher movement-value on paper.
An interesting idea, to be sure!

I agree sounds like a fluffy rule, would fit the lore, even though against inexperienced opponents could be a little op, more experienced players should have no trouble to screen against it.

I personally hope they copy more ideas from AoS, Skaven character rules for Astra Militarum for example. Basically Look out Sir also works in melee and when they get activated in close combat instead of pile in they can fall back if they want.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-01-30

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 14:15

@Koldan wrote:
Skaven character rules for Astra Militarum for example. Basically Look out Sir also works in melee and when they get activated in close combat instead of pile in they can fall back if they want.

Haha! That is great! I love the skaven so much ^^
Sounds like it would be a cool fit for guard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: