THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Uramael
Slave
Uramael

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 13:13

The space marines are overbloated and are loosing their identity over this mass of "whack-a-mole" models...it's like they want to fill any and all possible niche for a unit with space marines.

You can play drukhari or you can play the marine equivalent chapter, soon enough.

Thankfully, my wife is not interested in marines at all outside of Space Hulk (which to me is the root of the space marine theme).
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 13:16

@fisheyes wrote:
Results out of a decent sized Tournament in Norway had no marines in the Top 3. Demons, Harlies and Ad Mech.

I have not read all the lists or the tournament results (I think there were a number of Marines in Top 10), but the sky may not be falling as we think.

Just saying.

People are learning how to handle them b.c they make up 1/2 the meta, and if you bring units that does not care about others anti-marine guns its even better.

Also Quins has been top S tier from day 1, so has Daemons, the only surprise is Admech.

If Daemons and Quins were as popular as SM they would have been nerfed already b.c of how good they really are.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
AoS: BoC 8k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 17:00

I think admech might be a dark horse this edition. Most of their stuff is super high rate of fire and the old way of dealing with it was locking them in CC. Now they get to shoot you in the face AND then slam you with a metal fist. Wander some robots over to a point, lock them down, enjoy 36 shots per unit of 2 regardless of anything else.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 17:27

Its not the Robots thats helping them take 1st, its the Breachers.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Hellion
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 17:28

@albions-angel wrote:
I think admech might be a dark horse this edition. Most of their stuff is super high rate of fire and the old way of dealing with it was locking them in CC. Now they get to shoot you in the face AND then slam you with a metal fist. Wander some robots over to a point, lock them down, enjoy 36 shots per unit of 2 regardless of anything else.

I agree! I've faced them, and with all those new models, i wish my Drukhari would be that fast!
Their horses (don't remember the name) are freakin fast and mobile as hell and their new Aircraft are also insane in their maneuverability.
So they have good speed, decent durability and good firepower.
I'm not saying that they are broken, just that they did receive a LOT of love from Psychic Awakening as well as recent releases.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 03:54

@Kalmah wrote:
@albions-angel wrote:

I agree! I've faced them, and with all those new models, i wish my Drukhari would be that fast!
Their horses (don't remember the name) are freakin fast and mobile as hell and their new Aircraft are also insane in their maneuverability.
So they have good speed, decent durability and good firepower.
I'm not saying that they are broken, just that they did receive a LOT of love from Psychic Awakening as well as recent releases.

I know next to nothing about the army, but I know the cheeseballer, flavor of the month, hyper competitive player in my area has been stomping people flat with a double spearhead list.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 01:08

@Burnage wrote:
The good news is that based on teases I think it's pretty safe to guess that Orks and Dark Eldar are the first Xenos Codexes of the edition.

The bad news is that, yes, Marines get even more crap to play with before then.

I think you're right. That won't be until 2021 sometime. I'm not going to get to excited yet.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 06:04

@lament.config wrote:
@Burnage wrote:
The good news is that based on teases I think it's pretty safe to guess that Orks and Dark Eldar are the first Xenos Codexes of the edition.

The bad news is that, yes, Marines get even more crap to play with before then.

I think you're right. That won't be until 2021 sometime. I'm not going to get to excited yet.

Yeah, I know better than to assume there even will be a 2021.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Hekatrix
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 14:29

[quote="sekac"]
@lament.config wrote:

Yeah, I know better than to assume there even will be a 2021.

This comment basically sums up the Warhammer online community in a nutshell.

Ty for that XD

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 21:11

@Barking Agatha wrote:

And thematically speaking, isn't our technology supposed to be better? Then why are our weapons that fire energy directly from the heart of a dark sun so lame, compared to their weapons that just shoot lots of big pellets? Why do they have rifles that can punch through steel armour across the table, and we're still trying to shoot them with paintballs (poisonous paintballs, to be sure, but still)?

'Thematically' my foot! Wink

Dear lady, your words are as truth as delightfully funny to read.

And yes: the true kin, as well as the craftworlders, are in need of an update in order to make their ancient technology shine again, and put these mediocre and technologically obtuse mon-keighs to shame.

Meanwhile, we can train in hard mode or play the crusade game untill we can feast on their "Eldar OP!" cryes once more.
Back to top Go down
Swordxart
Slave
Swordxart

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 19:52

We only need Ravagers to be able to be played as coven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 22:22

@Swordxart wrote:
We only need Ravagers to be able to be played as coven Very Happy
sadly, that would greatly improve them.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Hekatrix
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 12:56

DT Ravagers would be OP, nearly Eliminator levels of OP. Dark Eldar are not allowed to be that good Razz

Anyone get stomped by Marines lately and want to share some pitfalls to avoid?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 14:13

@fisheyes wrote:

Don't play with a space marine

megatrons2nd likes this post

Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27 2020, 23:34

@dumpeal wrote:
@fisheyes wrote:

Don't play with a space marine

And it's going to get way worse in October when Marines get their buffs.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 02:02

It seems marines are getting an over all nerf in competitiveness according to the play testers.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 10:00

@amishprn86 wrote:
It seems marines are getting an over all nerf in competitiveness according to the play testers.

I'll be honest - I do not trust the playtesters at all. Least of all when it comes to stuff that's currently unreleased.

Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 13:05

Playtester reports have been fairly accurate recently, to be honest. They certainly called how absurd some of the Marine supplements were going to be.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Hellion
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 03:17

I hate these guys so much, and now they're one-shotting Grotesques and there is zero chance I run units of 3 Talos against them.

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 Q8Ctg9C
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 10:58

That heavy melta rifle is stupid, and the fact that someone could bring 18 of them XD I hope they go up in points a lot. I don't understand why Aggressors are nerfed big and those are even buffed, is just GW wanting to sell more boxes of Eradicators?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 17:16

The trick is to just refuse to play against Space Marines. It has worked well for me. I might reconsider once we get our codex. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 17:58

Or play them and if it goes bad ask that person to play again but tone down his list, or get better yourself.

I play marines weekly and they are not all that bad, heck they are much easier than Quins, Custodes, and some other armies.

Marines are getting an over all nerf, yes some guns are going up, but their points are going up, less re-rolls, etc..

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 19:19

A word of caution - the Nightbringer apparently has a weapon that ignores both invulnerable saves and FNP. Coven beware!

However, I've heard (though have yet to confirm), that C'tan may be exempt from character-protection.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot this was specifically a SM thread. Embarassed

sekac
Sybarite
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 19:23

@amishprn86 wrote:
Or play them and if it goes bad ask that person to play again but tone down his list, or get better yourself.

Why do you assume refusal to play them means I can't beat them? I've won plenty of games against marines, I just don’t have fun doing it.

If I'm not going to enjoy the game, I'm not going to waste their time or mine. Luckily, most the people in my area have put away their marines because they find them unenjoyable too.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2020, 21:48

@sekac wrote:
@amishprn86 wrote:

Why do you assume refusal to play them means I can't beat them? I've won plenty of games against marines, I just don’t have fun doing it.

If I'm not going to enjoy the game, I'm not going to waste their time or mine. Luckily, most the people in my area have put away their marines because they find them unenjoyable too.

Sounds like you are salty to be salty.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: