THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Splintermind down?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2020, 16:17

Is there a reason there are no more episodes on https://splintermind.libsyn.com ?
I recently came back to listening to the podcast and there haven't been any episodes for a couple of days now.

Also, did Thor stop being in the podcast for good?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2020, 16:40

Check them out on Facebook too if no answer here, as i seen them post time to time.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
AoS: BoC 8k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2020, 01:35

Ah, indeed: "We are in the process of switching hosting services. The RSS feed has not yet been updated in iTunes. If you are using another service such as Podbean or others you will need to manually add this RSS feed in order to automatically have our episodes updated. There will be a lag as we are limited as to the number of uploads per month, but we hope to have as many up as quickly as possible. this may result in older episodes that our seasoned listeners may have already heard being uploaded. We appreciate your patience as we plod through this tedious transition."
Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2020, 17:34

I guess they've just completely abandoned this sight in favor of facebook and patreon? I would love to keep listening to the podcast but the old RSS is down and they have put no effort into communicating the new one so....I guess I'm just done listening?
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Hellion
harlokin

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22 2020, 16:42

They are still putting out stuff via Patreon, I think there are free/unlocked (edited?) episodes on the Patreon site too.

I've unsubscribed, I don't feel like paying to listen to them strawman any Drukhari fan who isn't overjoyed with how we are treated by GW.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22 2020, 19:52

@harlokin wrote:
I've unsubscribed, I don't feel like paying to listen to them strawman any Drukhari fan who isn't overjoyed with how we are treated by GW.

This is also a main reason why I stopped (I just can't listen to somebody ranting over the internet every single episode, come on).

But even more so I miss Thor and his reasonable competitive thoughts, it really gave the show some well-groundedness.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Hekatrix
fisheyes

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 12:55

I too miss the old Splintermind.

Oh well, there is still the Real Space Raiders podcast with a few episodes free online.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 13:53

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
@harlokin wrote:

This is also a main reason why I stopped (I just can't listen to somebody ranting over the internet every single episode, come on).

But even more so I miss Thor and his reasonable competitive thoughts, it really gave the show some well-groundedness.

I always got a chuckle out of the line, "sorry, I'm just...I'm on like 4 hours of sleep right now." Every episode, guaranteed. Never 5, never 3. If you only sleep 4 hours every night, it's certainly not healthy, but not information that needs to provided every episode.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Hellion
GreyArea

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 14:06

I just rediscovered their newer episodes and I have to agree with much of what you guys are saying. They very regularly attack the strawman of the "forever ungrateful" drukhari forum dweller. This is while saying that they don't go on forums... Feel the podcast would be much improved by them reading forums and saying what specific points they disagree and why. This might not be great still without a pure drukhari competitive player onboard.

Thor and his competitive input are sorely lacking now. The podcast about the points changes was especially painful to listen to. Without him, I honestly don't know why these guys are being consulted for drukhari playtesting by GW... Thank god for Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics.

I think its a wise move by them to have changed the subtitle of the podcast to Aeldari instead of dark eldar, cause they really just touch drukhari at a surface level before moving on these days. Saddens me a bit though cause they used to be really good to listen to.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 14:12

If you are not reading and listening from many sources then you yourself are a bad source IMO.

Honestly GW needs to get Skari as the dedicated play testers.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+

The Strange Dark One and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Hellion
GreyArea

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 14:28

@amishprn86 wrote:
If you are not reading and listening from many sources then you yourself are a bad source IMO.

Honestly GW needs to get Skari as the dedicated play testers.

Is Skari really not a playtester? If not that is a crime!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2020, 16:24

He is not, and it is a crime lol. Especially sense Lawrence lots all respect from me from 1st part of 8th for what he did.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Hellion
GreyArea

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 09:33

@amishprn86 wrote:
He is not, and it is a crime lol. Especially sense Lawrence lots all respect from me from 1st part of 8th for what he did.

What did he do that you didn't approve of?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 09:49

Just some tactics way back that made no sense

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Hellion
harlokin

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 11:54

At least Lawrence was supportive about the stupid Munitorum points debacle, and said that (for what it's worth) he fed back to GW that the Drukhari points changes were misguided.

Lawrence is a very good player (od whichever army he uses), but he definitely lacks Skari's deeper understanding of the Drukhari rules/units. I'm gad he is a play tester, but I wish Skari were too.

Back to top Go down
harlokin
Hellion
harlokin

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2020, 12:07

@fisheyes wrote:
Oh well, there is still the Real Space Raiders podcast with a few episodes free online.

Thanks for the mention, had never heard of them. Will download a few episodes on pocketcasts and check them out. Smile

Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2020, 20:51

As I understand the fires in California had disrupted the pod casts
One of the guys had to leave his house
He wasn't sure if he was going to lose it
While the firefighters saved the area for now they may not be allowed back
I agree with your comments
I don't understand why Skari is not a play tester
I'm a patron and giving alot of comments on his page
As a drukhari player I'm highly experimental and use other units most don't and like to try crazy things
So enjoy bouncing ideas off skari

Often works with people playing to the meta too much lol
Like using 9 cronos in a tournament early 2019 with drukhari index coming 7th out of 30 in a tourn

I'm also a patron to splintermind
Miss Thors comments
If I recall correctly splintermind said they got asked alot of fluff stuff in regards to play testing
Ie how was this unit supposed to work so it was not all play testing

The Strange Dark One and DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ like this post

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 02:09

To answer the original question, the iTunes problem was fixed. Shows were available from the new hosting site directly, now should be back up for iTunes subscribers.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
sekac
Sybarite
sekac

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 03:48

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
To answer the original question, the iTunes problem was fixed. Shows were available from the new hosting site directly, now should be back up for iTunes subscribers.

The original question had nothing to do with iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 04:02

@sekac wrote:
@Evil Space Elves wrote:

The original question had nothing to do with iTunes.

Quite right, hadn’t scrolled up far enough.

My Dark Eldar Project Log

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splintermind down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind down?   Splintermind down? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splintermind down?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION