THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
serbison
Slave
serbison

Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions Empty
PostSubject: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 17:01

Hey all,

Player stepping back in after 15 years absence. I'm doing a bunch of research to get back in, but please forgive any silly statements or dumb questions

A buddy of mine and I are going to be playing a series of escalating battles starting 1v1. I believe he is going Tau and I'm relatively certain he will powergame a defensive castle. Typically I'm not much of a power gamer, but I want to build an army designed to crush a Tau Castle.

Any advice on a starting 500 point army? My instinct is to play to range and control the map. Open to any suggestions though.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 17:34

First of all, welcome to the Dark City.

Secondly, have you read our Codex yet? They have split our army into 3 subfactions (and a "mercinary" 4th subfaction that can go in any of the other 3), Kabal/Cult/Coven.

At 500 pts, you can only really fit in 1 of the subfactions (although you could hypothetically do a Raiding Force, where you take a Patrol Detatchment of each subfaction). Do you know which one you will be using?

Kabal = Ranged Glass Cannons
Cults = Mass Close Combat Attacks
Coven = Tough/Hard to Kill

Against Tau, I would recomend Kabals or Covens.
Back to top Go down
serbison
Slave
serbison

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 17:56

Thanks for the response @fisheyes - my gut was Kabal as well, ideally staying far enough away to force them to move and step away from their castle, start to pick off as I get objective points.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Incubi
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 18:03

This is my 500 pt list. May not be the most competitive, but should give you a starting point.

Patrol - Black Heart (494 pts)

Archon - Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Djin Blade (Relic), Eternal Hatred (Warlord)

Warriors x 10 - Splinter Cannon
Warriors x 9 - Blaster
Warriors x 5 - Blaster

Raider x 2 - Dissintigration Cannon
Venom - Dual Splinter Cannon

Maybe throw on a Phantasm Grenade Launcher to take up the last 6 points.

Basic strategy is to keep everything together, and foccus on a single enemy thing each turn. Your instinct will be to spread out and tackle multiple enemy units (because of your speed), but you must fight this. Sit back, focus on a single thing (trying to be out of LOS from all other enemy units), then move onto the next thing. Dont spread out until late game, or you will be picked apart piece by piece.

Good luck, have fun, and most importantly come back and tell us how you did!
Back to top Go down
serbison
Slave
serbison

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30 2020, 18:09

Will do, thanks for these guidelines! I was definitely thinking PGL as a must-have.

Should be reporting back next week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions   Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drukhari Vs Tau - 1v1 Escalation sessions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: