- @Void Prince wrote:
- @amishprn86 wrote:
- There are literally 5-6 fanmade rules on the Corsairs Facebook group, all up to date as well, heck i even have a full rules set that i made.
But honestly just wait till the new FW Index 2.0 comes out and see what happens, should be soon. I'm guessing its one of the updates being revealed on the 28th.
Thanks for the replies all.
I have found a couple but was not aware of the Facebook group . Who knew?
As much as anything I was trying to avoid trying multiple sets of similar rules to try to find "the best".
Is it too much to hope the Corsairs get some attention form FW? Based on recent history I would not be getting too excited...
"Best" is way to interrupt for something like a fan made rule set.
To same best is index level for all units, others its 7th rules that play in 8th, then there are ones that make OP units and others that make them weaker on purpose b.c it is fan made.
IMO from playing a lot of corsairs and being my favorite army, what makes them them are 4 things.
1) Forced to take multiple patrol detachments with a minor HQ running each one
2) There coterie specialist combine with the Prince to make "Ships of pirates"
3) Able to have jump/fly everything very fast, very hard hitting, but very squishy.
4) Weapons specialist, can take any/all of the CWE and DE weapons, this even includes their vehicles (Venoms with Shuriken Cannons for example), also their base units gets +1 to taking special and melee weapons, elite/fast/heavy units all could take 4 weapons, either melee, special, or heavy. Thir troops can take 2 per 5 for example, Felarch can take 1 as well (so 3 in a 5man).
For me i did't like playing the vehicles (Falcon, Venom, walkers, hornets, warp hunters) some of my favorite units and builds were the infantry and bikes, and they play 100% different than they do now in 8th.
Reavers with Jump packs in MSU 5 mans with 2 Fusion guns. You could move 12" shoot then move 2D6" away with all of them, having 2 Fusion guns (was a vehicle meta at the time) you can pop a vehicle and get away. Which te JSJ (Jump shoot Jump) you can travel the table, so fun. The Baron has Jump packs as well to support as a bullet sponge (They are smaller Archons, more like a Exarch with 2 wounds but they have a Shadowfield)
Cloud Dancer (Bikes) you take your Baron in each detachment with them (they are troops too) the Baron is on Bike , the 3 Bikers are upgraded to Felarch (3 can be upgraded, a Felarch is a Exarch basically) these are your melee units, as you give the 3 of them basically a Super Power sword (+1str with Rend).
Balestrike, basically Scourges, can take 4 of any weapons, i was using Shuriken cannons b.c they can also JSJ, you move out of cover, shoot, move back into cover.
Malevolent: These are your squishy tanks, 4+ armor, 5+++, 2 wounds, 1 unit of 10 can easily get into combat and tie up units.
But for many the Reavers in Venoms with Shuriken cannons, 2 Fusion guns, spam then with Hornets and Warp Hunters was the "fun" way to play Corsairs and those players focus their "New rules" on those, where i put back into the rules JSJ, +1 to weapons able to take, etc..
So, Tl; Dr pick one you like as there are no best but a personal preference.