HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting new player

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cadcha
Slave
Cadcha

Starting new player Empty
PostSubject: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2020, 20:59

Hi all,

I have played Age of Sigmar but am new to 40k. Recently bought the Poisonblade raiding party set because I really liked the models, so I am thinking to start a Drukhari army. I have yet to explore the codex etc. Really a novice when it comes to Dark Eldar/40k.

From what other players told me, the set has about 500 points? I’d like to expand to 1000 points for our club playnights ( eventually also to 2k obviously but for now, I am focusing on learning the rules first with a reasonable size army).

The set contains 20 kabalite warriors, a venom, three reavers, an archon, a razorwing jet and a talos. I’ve understood that going with kabals is best for beginning players who want to play drukhari. Any tips? What units should I buy next? Is buying a second set a good idea or will it give me too many redundant units?

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Kabalite Warrior
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2020, 22:00

First of all, welcome to the Dark City.

As of 8th edition, drukhari is split into three seperate armies. Kabals, haemonculus covens, and wych cults.

You can run them together, but by doing so you lose our equivalent of chapter tactics. 'Obsessions'. There are some units that can be put in any faction's detachment, incubi, mandrakes etc.

Kabal is focused on fragile shooting, glass cannons. Cult is the same end, but melee. Coven is the toughest, hardest to kill, and depending on the obsession choice, goes well into either melee or shooting, albeit short-range.

For beginners, kabal is probably recommended. Coven is also an option, but I would say get a hang of the army before going into cult.

For kabal, you already have an archon, 20 kabalites, and a venom. From there, you should consider along the lines of raiders, more venoms, another box of kabalites, another archon and ravagers. The two types of planes are also quite nice.

For coven, you only have a talos, so the goal would be another haemonculus or two, wracks, and definitley more talos. Grotesques are also an option, if you're willing to convert or buy the bad resin.

Buying a second box would give you more options, mainly for kabal. Our transports can be used for any faction. The raorwing is quite nice, and two is a big threat. That said, it would probably be better to double down on your starting faction of choice, before buying another set that contains bits of every faction.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2020, 23:10

If you play with friends, talk with them and try a few "cheated" games where you put the units on the table with obsessions, even if you don't meet the requirements. Exemple, put a single Prophet of Flesh Talos, even if you don't have a haemonculus. Or red grief jetbikes. That way, you'll learn how to play those units and will be able to decide which subfaction you want to expand.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 19:54

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [26 PL, 499pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 62pts]: Agoniser, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

Archon [4 PL, 62pts]: Agoniser, Hatred Eternal, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol, The Helm of Spite, Warlord

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

. 3x Kabalite Warrior

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Total: [26 PL, 499pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Building off of what the box offered I would go with the list above as an example of a possible list path for Kabalites, it would require buying 2 more venoms and 1 more archon (the second archon can be proxied in from one of the left over Kabalites if you dont want to buy one right away) the archons would be used to clean up damaged units after the venoms and Kabalites have shot them up, the blaster in each unit should be enough to handle enemy vehicles or tougher multi wound units at this point value and the volume of poison shots should be able to do decent damage to standard troop units
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2020, 23:20

please remove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting new player   Starting new player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting new player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists