HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Posts : 648
Join date : 2014-08-22
Location : Private subrealm of the Eldritch Skies Kabal.

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 19:56

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@The Strange Dark One wrote:
@DevilDoll wrote:
....

Or those auras are his master tactician ideas, like giving orders to everyone around him making them better at what they are doing and not some "motivational speech"

You say that, but the bonus aura from Writ of the Living Muse is literally derived from an Archon reading aloud some Vect quotes to inspire his troops.

Thinking about this is as ridiculous as it is hilarious. I guarantee you, my next character in DnD is going to be an Evil Dark Elf Bard. I simply cannot not do that now.

Edit:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@DevilDoll wrote:
...

I get the idea of motivational speeches.

However, motivational speeches are traditionally made *before* the battle actually starts. You know, when all your men are together and (assuming you're a good speaker) you can have a captive audience.

This is the equivalent of Adolf Hitler trying desperately to keep pace with a Panzer division and then attempting at the same to give them a motivational speech (without the aid of a radio or loudspeaker) in the middle of a battle.

I usually don't agree with you, but this is one of those rare occassions.

_________________
Discontinued: Dark Eldar 7th Codex Redux
A pragmatic custom codex for pragmatic realspace raiders.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Hellion
Gelmir

Posts : 80
Join date : 2018-01-06
Location : near Rotterdam

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 20:29

I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

_________________
For my introduction and pics of some of my models:
https://www.thedarkcity.net/t17117-noob-alert
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Posts : 3844
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 20:44

@Gelmir wrote:
I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

I think i'm going to send this to GW, but in a story format, about how all the pilots are making fun of the stupid archon for running and yelling out quotes.

I might try to also draw it and send that to them, if anyone is better/faster at drawing than me, please do that and share it so we can all share it.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
AoS: BoC 8k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

Posts : 1034
Join date : 2018-04-02

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 20:48

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
Thinking about this is as ridiculous as it is hilarious. I guarantee you, my next character in DnD is going to be an Evil Dark Elf Bard. I simply cannot not do that now.

lol!


@The Strange Dark One wrote:
I usually don't agree with you, but this is one of those rare occassions.

Heh, well, I'm glad we can at least come together on this. Smile



@Gelmir wrote:
I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

For as hilarious as that image is, I fear it isn't quite correct.

You see, only the Raider's gunner is motivated by the Archon's speech, putting that much more effort into aiming his gun. The rest of the crew just exchange puzzled looks and perhaps ask one another if anyone can hear what the odd fellow is saying.

Sick of being ignored, the Archon attempts to get into the Raider and motivate his men from a more sensible position. Unfortunately, this actually backfires. Now not even the Raider's gunner seems willing to acknowledge him, and the rest of the Kabalites try to avoid making eye contact, all the while discreetly asking one another if anyone recognises this new and apparently very enthusiastic crew member.

In fact, the Archon is so distressed by his crew's response that he fails even to motivate himself and thinks that putting extra effort into aiming just isn't worth the bother.

_________________
@TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 21:13

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@The Strange Dark One wrote:
Thinking about this is as ridiculous as it is hilarious. I guarantee you, my next character in DnD is going to be an Evil Dark Elf Bard. I simply cannot not do that now.

lol!


@The Strange Dark One wrote:
I usually don't agree with you, but this is one of those rare occassions.

Heh, well, I'm glad we can at least come together on this. Smile



@Gelmir wrote:
I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

For as hilarious as that image is, I fear it isn't quite correct.

You see, only the Raider's gunner is motivated by the Archon's speech, putting that much more effort into aiming his gun. The rest of the crew just exchange puzzled looks and perhaps ask one another if anyone can hear what the odd fellow is saying.

Sick of being ignored, the Archon attempts to get into the Raider and motivate his men from a more sensible position. Unfortunately, this actually backfires. Now not even the Raider's gunner seems willing to acknowledge him, and the rest of the Kabalites try to avoid making eye contact, all the while discreetly asking one another if anyone recognises this new and apparently very enthusiastic crew member.

In fact, the Archon is so distressed by his crew's response that he fails even to motivate himself and thinks that putting extra effort into aiming just isn't worth the bother.

Then, the raider is hit and crash. The kabalites are getting back to their formation and notice the Archon slowly standing. They immediately recognise him and say "My overlord? where were you, we were searching for you"

What happens next explain the casualty.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Sybarite
DevilDoll

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-08-16

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2019, 22:09

@Gelmir wrote:
I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

lol god damn you i just made an extremely vivid mental picture about that which cannot be unseen ^_^

Back on topic did you see the new pentinent engine for 56 points they get 15 str6 -2 ap attacks...
With how things are shaping id be sad if they decide to nerf our pain engine now, it would make sense perhaps in the previous CA but i dont think we have something that needs a point increase in the current powercreep imo...
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Hellion
Gelmir

Posts : 80
Join date : 2018-01-06
Location : near Rotterdam

Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20 2019, 08:36

@DevilDoll wrote:
@Gelmir wrote:
I don't even think the motivational speech itself is the most ridiculous part about it. That would be the fact that the Kabalites in their Raiders look back, see their lord running after them on freaking foot, waving pompoms and yelling "you can do it guys!!", and then actually feel motivated by this.

lol god damn you i just made an extremely vivid mental picture about that which cannot be unseen ^_^

I feel no regrets whatsoever.

_________________
For my introduction and pics of some of my models:
https://www.thedarkcity.net/t17117-noob-alert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?   Chapter Approved - What are you looking for? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Chapter Approved - What are you looking for?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: