HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellions current use

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LemonStar
Slave
LemonStar

Hellions current use Empty
PostSubject: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 13:07

With recent abudance of cheap ($$$) Hellions on Ebay, is there a point in getting 40 (or any number at all) of them and using them? Are they worth the effort? Edge cases, autoinclude, general use, what is the opinion? How to use them these days anyway? I like their price on Ebay atm, and are nice for painting, all that leather clothes!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 15:41

I've tried using 30 hellions before, they really are not good. I try to be optimistic and use units that aren't great, but hellions really just are in a rough spot. End of the day you're paying more pts than a tactical marine for a model that dies as easily as a guardsmen, and they don't really have an impressive punch to make up for that. It's a shame because I really do love the models.

All that being said, if you really like the models I'd say go for getting 10, I've been thinking of doing the same seeing how cheap they've become on ebay. You could throw 10 in a list and not feel too bad about it considering it's not a huge investment. Definitely don't try 40 though, they just can't make their pts back when you take that many.

Slave
LemonStar

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2019, 17:35

Such a shame, really nice sculpts.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Hellion
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2019, 08:44

I sometimes use 2 squads of 5, but in my group I'm almost the only one using shooty thingies. I mostly play against Nurgle Daemons or Tyranids. I use Hellions to get to some nasty big creature (usually the only shooting model my opponent has) to occupy it while my Wracks or Wyches get closer. They actually do pretty well with +1A because of Strife, and +1T because of drugs.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2019, 10:27

Get them for 1/2 price if you can, they'll be good again one of these days.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
AoS: BoC 8k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
LemonStar
Slave
LemonStar

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2019, 15:36

Is some errata/update expected?
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2019, 16:31

Chapter Approved 2019 is almost here. We can always dream...
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellions current use   Hellions current use I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellions current use
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics