THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Custom Obsessions Combinations

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 00:03

Sorry if this has been covered before but am I right in thinking that Dark Technomancers can be applied to Raider Disintegrators?

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 00:47

Yup, dissies wounding anything t9 and below on 4s with 3 damage is real nice.

Sybarite
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 03:22

Another fun one is hexrifles. Mortal wounds on 5s, wounds T7 and below on 4s. As index gets gradually phased out, we'll be forced into taking the 5 point stinger pistol anyway, and Dark Technomancers does nothing for that.

Besides, who needs another poison pistol?
Back to top Go down
Sess
Hellion
Sess

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 14:45

Not sure if anyone talked about it yet, but the kabal trait for the cursed grief style morale buff where only 1 model can flee could be pretty good. We could run foot kabal and/or large squads of kabalite warriors and not have to fear losing them to morale. I know big cursed grief wych squads have seen competitive success. Maybe along with the poison buff tactic for more damage poison weapons.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 14:51

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

That's definitely interesting.

Man, I wish Kabal hadn't been so completely shafted by this release.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 15:59

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

But kabals were the best of our subfactions. They didn't need buff.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 16:13

@dumpeal wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

For one, not all Kabal units are equally good.

For two, I didn't ask that the custom Kabal Obsessions be more powerful than what we already have. Just that it would have been nice if there was any reason to take them at all.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 16:40

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@dumpeal wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

For two, I didn't ask that the custom Kabal Obsessions be more powerful than what we already have. Just that it would have been nice if there was any reason to take them at all.

And not all coven units are equally good. And not all cult units are equally good. And none of the new obsession change that.

And the kabal obsessions are not that bad. If I take 1-model loss to morale and feel no pain 6+ to vehicle, I could try a kabalite swarm with 3 ravager. I wouldn't lose much compared to black hand.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 16:47

@dumpeal wrote:

And not all coven units are equally good. And not all cult units are equally good. And none of the new obsession change that.

Okay. You know that's not a point in their favour, right?

Also, whilst the new Coven obsessions certainly do nothing to improve the Cronos, I'd argue that they have opened many more ways to play Coven. Firstly because Coven transports are actually really good now and secondly because a few of the previously-awful weapons (Hexrifle, Liquifier etc.) can actually be made useful.

@dumpeal wrote:

And the kabal obsessions are not that bad.

You're right. They're worse.

@dumpeal wrote:
If I take 1-model loss to morale and feel no pain 6+ to vehicle, I could try a kabalite swarm with 3 ravager. I wouldn't lose much compared to black hand.

You mean aside from the Relic (which would be appreciated not only by your Ravagers but also by your Kabalite horde), the Warlord Trait and the Stratagem?

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 17:13

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@dumpeal wrote:

Okay. You know that's not a point in their favour, right?

Also, whilst the new Coven obsessions certainly do nothing to improve the Cronos, I'd argue that they have opened many more ways to play Coven. Firstly because Coven transports are actually really good now and secondly because a few of the previously-awful weapons (Hexrifle, Liquifier etc.) can actually be made useful.

@dumpeal wrote:

And the kabal obsessions are not that bad.

You're right. They're worse.

@dumpeal wrote:
If I take 1-model loss to morale and feel no pain 6+ to vehicle, I could try a kabalite swarm with 3 ravager. I wouldn't lose much compared to black hand.

You mean aside from the Relic (which would be appreciated not only by your Ravagers but also by your Kabalite horde), the Warlord Trait and the Stratagem?

Reroll 1 to wound doesn't hurt THAT bad. And now that you don't have the relic, you're free to move as you want. And your kabs and ravagers gain reroll 1 to feel no pain. That's something. Warlord trait.... You gain what during all the game? 3CP, max. The sole thing I'd miss is the agent of vect.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 17:27

Rerolling 1s for Inured to Suffering will barely have any effect in practice, you'll pass one extra FNP for every 36 wounds lost.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 17:46

@Burnage wrote:
Rerolling 1s for Inured to Suffering will barely have any effect in practice, you'll pass one extra FNP for every 36 wounds lost.

The 1's appear more often than others numbers on a standard dice.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Hekatrix
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 18:14

@dumpeal wrote:
@Burnage wrote:

Especially if it's me rolling my first Shadowfield save of the game. Razz

Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 18:15

@dumpeal wrote:
@Burnage wrote:

This barely makes a difference to the final result in this case. If 1s are substantially more likely in actuality than we'd expect from a fair dice, 6s have to be less likely.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 18:40

@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@dumpeal wrote:
@Burnage wrote:

Especially if it's me rolling my first Shadowfield save of the game. Razz

Oh god yes. I'm currently in the middle of a tourny. And EVERY TIME my warlord has to make his save, he fails on the first roll. For 5 games now.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 18:43

Also, on the note of the combinations, has anyone thought of, in addition to dark technomancers and experimental creations, the haemconulus is a master nemesine?

Electro-corrosive whip wounding on 2's, liquifier with +2 to the wound roll, hex rifle mortal wounding on 4's. It won't be a game changer, but it sure as hell means the haemonculus will pack more of a punch than expected.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 19:14

@dumpeal wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@dumpeal wrote:
@Soulless Samurai wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

And the kabal obsessions are not that bad. If I take 1-model loss to morale and feel no pain 6+ to vehicle, I could try a kabalite swarm with 3 ravager. I wouldn't lose much compared to black hand.

I feel like I have to step in here..

There is no doubt in my mind or in any competitive player's mind that Kabal, while great, was not taking as many tournaments as meat mountain lists with Prophets when our book first came out.

Over the last couple of months and with the release of new books, I can say definitively that Kabal has gotten worse.  The meta shifted more towards durability and attrition, which is something that Kabal mechanically suffers against.  The best tool that we had which is the Black Heart Ravager Spearhead has been going downhill since Imperial Knights, then the Doom nerf, then Chaos Knights, then came SM, then IH, and now IF.  As long as the game moves towards durability and attrition, Kabal will weaken.  This is the primary-driver behind all the flyer-hoarding, and that's because they come built-in with attrition and natural durability over Kabal units.  The list with 6 Eldar flyers and Wave Serpents being a staple is extremely durable.

You know what haven't changed and only got better with time?  Prophets.  Why?  Because 4++ and FNP is ALWAYS good.  Until people start whoring Null Zones in mass, there is nothing more helpful vs. the horseshittery that is the SM books than meat mountains.  A lascannon statistically does the same damage as a bolter to them when invuls and FNPs are a thing.  Well, minus Imp Fists because they're so abysmally broken right now.  As other books' damage goes up, and their durability goes up, Kabals will weaken.  That's a mathematical certainty.

If anything, the best thing to come outta our book was the improvement to flyer spam:  Test of Skill Razorwings and Ignore Heavy Crimson Hunters will continue to be at the top tables.  That, and Prophet Meat Mountains Smile

http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2019, 20:06

@Sarcron wrote:
Also, on the note of the combinations, has anyone thought of, in addition to dark technomancers and experimental creations, the haemconulus is a master nemesine?

Electro-corrosive whip wounding on 2's, liquifier with +2 to the wound roll, hex rifle mortal wounding on 4's. It won't be a game changer, but it sure as hell means the haemonculus will pack more of a punch than expected.

I'm thinking about doing DT and MoM, i have a few more hours to pick what combo i want, i think i'm doing to do DT and EC for now b.c i bet there are going to be a lot of Marines with tanks.

Outside of a tank meta i would say DR+MoM will be better.

Harlequins 5k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
AoS: BoC 8k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 03:58

@dumpeal wrote:
I think cursed blade still is the best cult. +1S and 1-model loss on morale is good.

Except it rarely applies both bonuses in a meaningful way to anything but Wyches. Succubus and Beastmasters don't take morale checks. Reavers only benefit from +1S if the Arena Champ is using a Power Sword, Hellions are terrible, even with base S5. Beastmasters use Agonizers, so S doesn't apply.

There's a tiny benefit for +1S on Raiders and Venoms, even with Shock Prow. Cursed Blade doesn't even have a good Relic, Stratagem or Warlord Trait. It seems like a decent Obsession, but it doesn't really benefit most of the Cult list. Stryfe, on the other hand, applies that +1 attacks to everything.

@Sess wrote:
Not sure if anyone talked about it yet, but the kabal trait for the cursed grief style morale buff where only 1 model can flee could be pretty good. We could run foot kabal and/or large squads of kabalite warriors and not have to fear losing them to morale. I know big cursed grief wych squads have seen competitive success. Maybe along with the poison buff tactic for more damage poison weapons.

Maybe as a WWP detachment.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 17:25

Yeah I agree that you don't absolutely need cursed blade, and in a cult focused list everything that's not wyches receives only a marginal benefit, or no benefit at all. There are a lot of custom wych cult combinations that I think will work better for cults, test of skill in particular as wych cults struggle to deal with larger, tough targets.

@Sarcron wrote:

That's not quite right. If you're referring to the dark technomancers/experimental creations combination, for experimental creations only poison weapons benefit from the +1 to wound, so non poison weapons get a +1 at most. Still, hexrifle getting mortals on 5s, and liquefiers wounding anything t5 or less on 4s isn't bad. I still want liquifiers to go down in pts to make them worth taking, somewhere around the 6-8 range. If that happens in chapter approved, I will be outfitting a bunch of wracks with them.

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 18:43

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Yeah I agree that you don't absolutely need cursed blade, and in a cult focused list everything that's not wyches receives only a marginal benefit, or no benefit at all. There are a lot of custom wych cult combinations that I think will work better for cults, test of skill in particular as wych cults struggle to deal with larger, tough targets.

@Sarcron wrote:

That's not quite right. If you're referring to the dark technomancers/experimental creations combination, for experimental creations only poison weapons benefit from the +1 to wound, so non poison weapons get a +1 at most. Still, hexrifle getting mortals on 5s, and liquefiers wounding anything t5 or less on 4s isn't bad. I still want liquifiers to go down in pts to make them worth taking, somewhere around the 6-8 range. If that happens in chapter approved, I will be outfitting a bunch of wracks with them.  

Ah, I see my mistake there, it would only be the whip that has the extra +1 to wound, so everything else would be normal, but the whip would still wound on 2's. Didn't remember the 'in the fight phase' part.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 21:02

It's not in the fight phase for experimental creations, it's just poison weapons only. So splinter cannons on talos/venoms get that +2 to wound, wracks in melee with poison weapons get a +1, just needs to be a poison weapon.

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 22:08

Oh, no I was talking about adding in master nemesine

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 22:23

Well without feeling the need to be forced into soothsayer since no PoF, yeah master nemesine is a pretty solid trait. Experimental creations heamonculus will be wounding anything t4 and below on 2s with the whip, makes him a much more dangerous melee combatant.

Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2019, 22:38

just gonna peek my head in here. I did some quick math for forgeworld reapers with the new trait. wanted to get some opinions
Reaper W Technomancer (untz untz untz)
against T7 and below-
3.5 shots on average
2.3333 hits on average
1.9443 wounds on average (1.2960 w/ 5++ invul)
8.7495 damage on average (5.832 w/ 5++ Invul)
Against T8
1.5553 Wounds (1.036 w/ 5++ Invul)
6.9988 Damage (4.6656 W/ 5++ Inul)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Obsessions Combinations   Custom Obsessions Combinations - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Obsessions Combinations
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: