HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first 500 pt list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vallo
Slave
Vallo

My first 500 pt list Empty
PostSubject: My first 500 pt list   My first 500 pt list I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2019, 09:19

Hi everyone, I'm new in the 40k world, and I decided to start my adventure with Drukhari (I know I'm not the best choice for a beginner, but I like them too much!).

I would like to ask you for advice on my first 500 pt list:

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [28 PL, 500pts, 3CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment Attribute
. Prophets of Flesh

+ HQ +

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 90pts]: Diabolical Soothsayer, Warlord (Haemonculus)

+ Troops +

Wracks [5 PL, 83pts]
. Acothyst: Agoniser, Hexrifle
. Wrack with special weapon (up to 1 for 5 models): Liquifier Gun
. 5x Wracks

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [18 PL, 327pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Haywire Blasters: 2x Haywire blaster
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Twin liquifier gun
. . Two Heat lances: 2x Heat lance
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel
. . Two Splinter Cannons: 2x Splinter Cannon

++ Total: [28 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

The Talos seemed to me to be very strong units, so I based almost everything on them. I would like to know if the equipment looks right to you, or if you have any other advice!

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: My first 500 pt list   My first 500 pt list I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2019, 14:31

Hey there! Overall, most armies are going to have a really hard time dealing with 3 Talos in a low point game. You're likely to have trouble with command points, but there's really not anything you critically need them for anyway.

First thing you gotta do is break that Talos unit into three and put your list into a Spearhead detachment. You'll get an extra command point, and while the big unit of terrifying Talos is tempting, at this level you'll have difficulty bringing them all to bear at once. Splitting them up allows some flexibility you might otherwise lack, as well as allows you to fully utilize your damage potential.

Heat Lances look real nice on paper, but in actuality that Strength 6 makes them difficult to justify. I'd suggest swapping them for either Haywire Blasters or Splinter Cannons

My personal recommendation would be to replace the tail guns of the Talos with Haywire or Splinter Cannons. Perhaps reconsider the Twin Liquifier as well. In terms of offensive potential, including a Chain Flail or two in their place will be cheaper and more effective at shredding infantry to ribbons.

Finally, while the offensive and defensive capabilities of this list are practically unmatched, it has very little board control. So you'll be killing the enemy just fine, but with have a lot of difficulty holding objectives. Keep that in mind when playing with it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dark Eldar! There's plenty to enjoy about the faction, as anyone here can tell you.

Slave
Vallo

PostSubject: Re: My first 500 pt list   My first 500 pt list I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05 2019, 17:28

Hey, thanks a lot for your advice!
As soon as I have time I will fix the list following your advice and I will post it again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first 500 pt list   My first 500 pt list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first 500 pt list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-