THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 NOVA Previews

Go down 
+14
TheBaconPope
colinsherlow
Archon_91
dumpeal
Burnage
Gizamaluke
Sarcron
Soulless Samurai
Count Adhemar
DevilDoll
Serpent Fly
Ollie
amishprn86
Lord Asvaldir
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1824
Join date : 2018-04-02

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 19:48

Archon Rievect wrote:
GW DOES ENJOY nerfing the DE over other armies it seems....

IMO GW has come to associate DE with their failed CHS lawsuit, hence why they've stripped away so many of our models and wargear.

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll


Posts : 523
Join date : 2013-08-16

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 20:07

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Archon Rievect wrote:
GW DOES ENJOY nerfing the DE over other armies it seems....

IMO GW has come to associate DE with their failed CHS lawsuit, hence why they've stripped away so many of our models and wargear.

the what now...?
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist


Posts : 915
Join date : 2015-05-01

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 21:02

DevilDoll wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Archon Rievect wrote:
GW DOES ENJOY nerfing the DE over other armies it seems....

IMO GW has come to associate DE with their failed CHS lawsuit, hence why they've stripped away so many of our models and wargear.

the what now...?

He is referring to the 2012 lawsuit where Games Workshop sued Chapter House Studios over claimed IP violations.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll


Posts : 523
Join date : 2013-08-16

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 21:29

CurstAlchemist wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Archon Rievect wrote:
GW DOES ENJOY nerfing the DE over other armies it seems....

IMO GW has come to associate DE with their failed CHS lawsuit, hence why they've stripped away so many of our models and wargear.

the what now...?

He is referring to the 2012 lawsuit where Games Workshop sued Chapter House Studios over claimed IP violations.

ok i just read the case, its interesting but still fail to see why DE would be associated with the lawsuit tbh given that other factions like the Tyranids were more affected...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1824
Join date : 2018-04-02

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2019, 21:44

DevilDoll wrote:
CurstAlchemist wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Archon Rievect wrote:
GW DOES ENJOY nerfing the DE over other armies it seems....

IMO GW has come to associate DE with their failed CHS lawsuit, hence why they've stripped away so many of our models and wargear.

the what now...?

He is referring to the 2012 lawsuit where Games Workshop sued Chapter House Studios over claimed IP violations.

ok i just read the case, its interesting but still fail to see why DE would be associated with the lawsuit tbh given that other factions like the Tyranids were more affected...

All I know is that other factions got given missing models in 6th/7th, whilst DE instead had their codex completely gutted.

As an example, Necrons and DE were both missing 5 special character models. Necrons got given models for all 5 of them. DE got given models for 0 of them, instead having every one of them removed.

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir


Posts : 1157
Join date : 2015-12-06

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 01:47

Hard to completely blame that on one lawsuit, could be plenty of other reasons.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd


Posts : 1199
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 18:51

It's due to the lawsuit, but probably doesn't have anything to do with DE being directly associated with the lawsuit, since, as I recall, most of Chapterhouse's conversion kits that were the cause of the lawsuit were Tyranid conversion kits.

It was probably because the creation of new DE models were queued much further away on the schedule at the time, while the creation of new Necron models was higher priority. So when GW decided to snip all of the non-model options, DE happened to get hit really hard, due to having a good number of them, and with GW not having a plan to make them in the immediate future.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai


Posts : 1824
Join date : 2018-04-02

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 19:18

krayd wrote:
It's due to the lawsuit, but probably doesn't have anything to do with DE being directly associated with the lawsuit, since, as I recall, most of Chapterhouse's conversion kits that were the cause of the lawsuit were Tyranid conversion kits.

Was there not a Baron Sathonyx model involved?

_________________
TeenageAngst wrote:
Never trust the French.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Hekatrix
Burnage


Posts : 1496
Join date : 2017-09-12

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2019, 19:46

Soulless Samurai wrote:
krayd wrote:
It's due to the lawsuit, but probably doesn't have anything to do with DE being directly associated with the lawsuit, since, as I recall, most of Chapterhouse's conversion kits that were the cause of the lawsuit were Tyranid conversion kits.

Was there not a Baron Sathonyx model involved?

Different company - that was Ghost Miniatures.

Honestly the sheer number of companies which are doing quite well out of selling Eldar proxies should be a hint to GW that the range has room for substantial expansion, but c'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86


Posts : 4436
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2019, 07:25

The problem is they lost over 160 cases of rights, from names, to art work, to colors, etc.. b.c they had to rename the full painting range, all the codex/army names, etc.. they are NOT going to take any chances with anything anymore.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





NOVA Previews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOVA Previews   NOVA Previews - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
NOVA Previews
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Tau Previews
» Wave 3 previews
» Tau Previews Particularly Potent
» Sigh (non-Dukhari Previews)
» Here is a compilation of the latest Drukhari Codex leaks/previews (Mar. 30)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: