HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2K Kabal + Covens list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

2K Kabal + Covens list Empty
PostSubject: 2K Kabal + Covens list   2K Kabal + Covens list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 12:47

So I've been collecting for a good long time but I'm new at actually playing the game so I'm looking for pointers on a good Kabal/Covens list. This is what I've come up with so far.

Black Heart Battalion

HQ

Archon
Venom Blade
Blaster
Writ of the Living Muse
Labyrinthine Cunning

Archon
Venom Blade
Blaster

Troops

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Heavy Support

Ravager x 3
Disintegrator Cannons

Dedicated Transports

Raider x 3
Dark Lance
PGL

Prophets of Flesh Battalion

HQ

Urien Rakarth
Diabolical Soothsayer (via Alliance of Agony)

Haemonculus
Electrocorrosive Whip
Vexator Mask (via Prizes)

Troops

Wracks x 5

Wracks x 5

Wracks x 5

Elites

Grotesques x 10

Heavy Support

Talos x 3
Macro Scalpels
Haywire Blasters

2000 points

I've heard some covens players say that wracks are a bit of a waste of points but also heard others say they're very good at screening and holding objectives (and a recent game where my opponent zapped 30 tzaangors onto my ravagers on turn 1 taught me the importance of a good screen). I guess I imagine I'd have Urien and the Haemy in the center of the three Talos with the Grots up front then just march the whole battalion up the board while the kabal stuff does its thing.

I'd also like to ask how people have been utilizing the writ of the living muse lately. Do you just simply keep as many guns within range of the footslogging Archon as possible? I'm just asking because I've been getting mixed results and I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
TSkouboe
Slave
TSkouboe

PostSubject: Re: 2K Kabal + Covens list   2K Kabal + Covens list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 13:14

Nice list with solutions to most things!

@Toffeehammer wrote:
I guess I imagine I'd have Urien and the Haemy in the center of the three Talos with the Grots up front then just march the whole battalion up the board
I see where you're coming from. Practically, it may be advantageous to keep the Talos up front. They can advance, shoot, and Fire and Fade (stratagem) to cover a lot of ground. Staying behind the Grotesques would slow them down.
Also, in the few games I've used them, I prefer my Grotesques in Raiders. It means smaller units, but they get to their targets faster (especially with Enchanced Aethersails stratagem).

@Toffeehammer wrote:
I'd also like to ask how people have been utilizing the writ of the living muse lately.
I deploy him centrally with the Ravagers spread out a little from him. When my turn starts, I decide which enemy units I need to kill most, and advance my Archon towards a good spot for hurting those units. My Ravagers then follow and can usually get within the aura. The Archon moves 12" on average, and with 6" bubble, he can reach pretty far. Also, remember the Ravagers just need a tip inside the aura, and they're long.

On a different note, I would add Chainflails to the Talos. It gives the unit versatility against tarpits, hordes, and units with good invulnerable saves.

Last edited by TSkouboe on Fri Aug 23 2019, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSkouboe
Slave
TSkouboe

PostSubject: Re: 2K Kabal + Covens list   2K Kabal + Covens list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 13:15

[Oups, please delete]
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: 2K Kabal + Covens list   2K Kabal + Covens list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 21:15

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply! There's a huge amount I need to learn about playing DE and the game in general so everything is helpful.

I'll take your advice on the Talos. Keeping them in front of the Grots I mean. Since they're both tougher and faster it makes sense. Same with the chain flails. Most of the people I play against at my local place field horde armies like Orks and Tyranids and I've been struggling to find an answer to them with my pure Kabal lists so hopefully this will give them something to think about.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2K Kabal + Covens list   2K Kabal + Covens list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2K Kabal + Covens list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: